Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Hersheypark 2020 - Hershey's Chocolatetown: New Expansion

Hersheypark 2020 - Hershey's Chocolatetown: New Expansion

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Full details:

The Story Continues
Where Fun Meets Chocolate

Hershey, Pennsylvania is home to one of America's sweetest success stories. Each page recounts our rich history of creating fun, making chocolate, cultivating community, and continuing the powerful legacy of Milton S. Hershey. In 2020, Hersheypark?? is unlocking an all-new chapter - one Where Fun Meets Chocolate in more ways than ever before. Welcome to Hershey's Chocolatetown - the most transformative expansion in Hersheypark history.

A Look Inside

Hershey's Chocolatetown will be an all-new region at Hersheypark where guests can play, eat, shop, and gather.

A Sweeter Front Gate

Arriving at Hersheypark has never been sweeter. Get to the fun faster than ever with dedicated gates for season pass holders and guests of The Official Resorts Of Hersheypark??.

Kisses Fountain

Capture a memorable photo by the world's sweetest fountain! The Kisses Fountain will be a gathering place for your favorite Hershey's Characters.

Fastest, Tallest, Longest, Sweetest

From the moment guests enter the building to the moment they step off of our 15th coaster, they will be left craving more.

The Historic Carrousel

One of our most historic rides is getting a new home in Hershey's Chocolatetown! The Carrousel will reflect the personality of its new setting while still preserving its original charm.

Hershey's Chocolate World

Hershey's Chocolatetown will create a convenient passageway between Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World Attraction. Stop in to experience chocolate in fun and exciting ways all year long!

Fun All Year Long

The restaurant, ice cream parlor, and confectionary kitchen will be accessible both inside and outside of the front gate and open for guests to enjoy all year long.

Our 15th Coaster is Coming

Tallest, Fastest, Longest, Sweetest

We're thrilled to announce our tallest, fastest, longest, and sweetest addition yet. The unique theme and masterful design of our newest coaster will leave you craving another ride.

More Than 5 Locations to Eat, Drink & Gather

Restaurant, Bar & Patio

Hershey's Chocolatetown will be home to the largest themed restaurant, bar & patio in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The innovative fare, craft cocktails, fun atmosphere, and one-of-a-kind views of Hersheypark all continue the exciting story of our newest chapter.

Themed, full-service restaurant & bar
Second story patio & bar with panoramic views
Innovative menu with hints of chocolate
Open year-round

Ice Cream Parlor

Get a taste of ice cream the Hershey way! Your personal ice cream-ologist will serve up exclusive ice cream creations and delicious shareables in an interactive parlor environment. The Ice Cream Parlor will be open year-round.

Confectionary Kitchen

Watch the candy makers at work in our scratch confectionary kitchen! Sweet delectables, mouthwatering treats, and hand-crafted seasonal delights will be made fresh daily. The confectionary kitchen will be open year-round.

Starbucks

The coffee's brewing in Chocolatetown! Hersheypark and Starbucks?? are bringing fun, chocolate, and coffee together in a sweet new way. Grab, order, and gather with friends and family in our indoor or outdoor seating areas.

Kettle Corn

Hershey's Chocolatetown will be home to the largest kettle corn location at Hersheypark! The Kettle Corn stand will be located outside of the front gate so you can easily grab a bag of your favorite sweet and salty treats.

The Ultimate Hersheypark Shopping Experiences

Visit our 10,000-square-foot Flagship Store to shop the largest collection of apparel, personalized souvenirs, toys, and more - exclusive to Hersheypark. Then, explore a sweet collection of shops and interactive experiences in our all-new boutique!

Source: http://www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
YESSS it's so good, all around.

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Rumored name for the hyper is Candemonium??? a godawful name but would work given the theming we???ve seen for the hyper
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

News Writer

Groundbreaking for Chocolatetown has taken place:

Also, the park have update the website for Chocolatetown with a map of the area:

You can see the full map here: http://www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/map.php

Sources:

https://twitter.com/Hersheypark

https://twitter.com/ALThrills

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Are those boxes full of hershey's kisses?
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

News Writer

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I honestly can't wait to see what this area will become once its truly finished. There is so much room for development in this new area that there is no way this is just a 2020 project
What are these for?

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
I honestly can't wait to see what this area will become once its truly finished. There is so much room for development in this new area that there is no way this is just a 2020 project

I hope they use ALL of the 23 acres. Hersheypark is dying for more flat rides in my opinion.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Is it just me or does that hyper look extra lame? Here and there B&M have deviated from their formulaic hyper rut with certain elements on Shambhala, Mako, Fury and the Chinese hypers but Hersheypark's looks like the most plug and play hyper since Intimidator. Maybe it'll be better than it looks.
Last edited by aj74205 on June 21st, 2019, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

News Writer

This is what entrance to Hersheypark will be like for the 2019 season:

In the meantime, footers for the B&M Hyper Coaster have started appearing:

Also, track for said hyper is currently being manufactured at B&M Plant in Ohio:

Sources:

https://coasterforce.com/forums/threads ... 02/page-10

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... t_hershey/

https://www.facebook.com/coasterstudios ... %22O%22%7D

News Writer

So it turns out the name for the B&M Hyper will be Candymonium (Follow the outline):

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... hey_hyper/

News Writer

News Writer

News Writer

Introducing Our 15th Coaster

Candymonium is the tallest, fastest, longest, and sweetest coaster in Hersheypark??. From the distinctive Hershey???s candy theme to the memorable thrills around every turn, we???ve masterfully assembled the finest ingredients to create a one-of-a-kind Bolliger & Mabillard hyper coaster. Candymonium opens inside Hershey???s Chocolatetown summer 2020!

Tallest

Savor a heart-pounding, 210-foot ascent up the tallest hill in Hersheypark??. Then, dip into thrilling drops including 7 camelback hills that serve up the ultimate feeling of freedom with the most airtime in Hersheypark??.

Fastest

Hold on tight! Candymonium reaches maximum speeds of 76 MPH. Along the way, feel the rush of The World???s Sweetest Coaster when our largest coasters, Skyrush?? and Candymonium, cross paths and create the thrilling moment known as, Candyrush.

Longest

This in-and-out-style coaster features a 4,636-foot milk chocolate track and spans 7 acres in the all-new Hershey???s Chocolatetown region. Savor the thrills! A ride on Candymonium lasts 2 minutes and 26 seconds.

Sweetest

Guests visiting Candymonium will enjoy a sweet, candy-inspired experience from start to finish! Check out the Hershey???s-themed trains, arrival area, coaster building, Candymonium shop, and more. Plus, the finishing touch is an impressive panoramic banked curve around the iconic Kisses Fountain.

Source: https://www.hersheypark.com/chocolatetown/coaster.php
Last edited by Traintastic26 on September 19th, 2019, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
Looks like a solid addition to my local park! Hershey was in need of a good Bimmer hyper for a while. Skyrush is great, but not many people can handle it being one of the most intense rollercoasters on earth. The elements look great too with a nice transition after that ascending helix. Now the whole 6 car trains.. if that is true than would this be B&M's shortest hyper train?

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
6 cars per train? Why? :(
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

News Writer

kydcoaster wrote:
Now the whole 6 car trains.. if that is true than would this be B&M's shortest hyper train?

Jcoasters wrote:
6 cars per train? Why? :(

This will have 7 cars per train. It was just the initial animation was off. It was since redone with the current 7 cars per train.

In the meantime, work on the lift hill has begun:

Source: https://twitter.com/Hersheypark/status/ ... 9789129729

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
I really am not the biggest fan of that brown color. Like, I get what they were going for, but that hue doesn't exactly remind me of chocolate. :? Excited to see this go vertical, though. The layout is kind of like a slightly bigger Mako and I'm cool with that.
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Looks like Fahrenheit is getting some TLC with some new paint :)
??BaynumPainting.jpg

https://twitter.com/BaynumPainting/status/1176163960070053890/photo/1
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
B&M doing twisty stuff over there, look at that hill under the lift :D
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
RCT3andNL2stuff wrote:
B&M doing twisty stuff over there, look at that hill under the lift :D

That's the one element I'm really excited for. Could give some funky airtime a-la Twisted Cyclone's wave turn.
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Yeah, when I originally saw this layout I was super underwhelmed, but little bits like that outside bank are looking promising.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!