Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFGAdv 2020 - Jersey Devil Coaster: Custom RMC Raptor

SFGAdv 2020 - Jersey Devil Coaster: Custom RMC Raptor

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks great and all, but I really wish Schilke would stick the dive loops and stalls to the wooden supported variants. I'm not saying dive loops and stall elements on a steel coaster aren't fantastic, but there's only so many elements that looks good and function well with trestle style wooden supports. So, given that steel has more freedom, and there are RMC's within reasonable road-trip driving distance plus more to come, I wish we'd see something original, I feel like this was almost plug and play. Sure, the forces will deliver, and it will we a great ride, but it seems almost like plug and play Schilke, like B&M tier plug and play.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Full details:

World's Tallest, Fastest, Longest Single Rail Coaster

Soar single file through the dark and foreboding woods on the world's longest, tallest, fastest single rail coaster. Towering 13 stories and reaching speeds up to 58 mph, riders will straddle the single-rail and experience three intense elements and two inversions over 3,000 feet of track.

Devilishly Daring Features

87-Degree First Drop

Ascend a 130-foot lift hill to plummet into the dark woods on a steep 87-degree first drop.

Two Intense Inversions

Experience a 180-degree stall and zero g-roll high above the trees.

Inline Style Trains

Riders sit low and single file with their legs straddling either side of the monorail track.

Three Intense Elements

Three intense elements including the steep 87-degree first drop, raven dive and overbank cutback.

Longest Single Rail Coaster

Soar at speeds up to 58 mph over 3,000 feet of track.

Source: https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/newfor2020

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
So I'm excited to have an RMC of any flavor here.

But on further thought, does anyone else feel like this is sort of a weird fit in the lineup? It's not that they have anything that much like it, because nothing is that much like the raptors but... idk, it seems like a solid and modern true woodie would have rounded up the coaster lineup better, especially now that RT is gone. Which is not to say I'd rather have that than this (not that GAdv consulted me) but I've been thinking a lot about lineups and weird additions lately. That said, it's also true that after so many years without an all-new coaster, GAdv arguably doesn't have a very contemporary looper, with all of the inverting rides save Superman being from the 90s.

SO Idk, maybe it's just me.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
It's a hot product on the market and they've had great success at another one of their parks with it and many other coasters from the same manufacturer. And considering every other inverting coaster there is an old B&M, this couldn't be more diverse for their lineup. I am so excited for it; I've wanted to ride one of these since the other two were built. I love the length of the train.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
LOL well, ???couldn???t be more diverse??? is clearly not true as there are literally dozens of coaster models that share fewer features with extant rides at the park, but opinion noted. I am sure it will be a fine addition, but I stand by my feeling that there are other rides that could have filled the gap better than this. I understand why the park would make this choice from a business perspective but whether or not it is a popular ride model/manufacturer has literally no bearing on how this fits into the wider GAdv coaster line up.

I also agree about the Schilke-plug-and-play issue.

News Writer

Interestingly, the Road Runner Railway kiddie coaster has been removed to make way for Jersey Devil:

Whether it is beginning relocated to another section of the park or beginning removed entirely is another matter.

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... enture.htm

News Writer

News Writer

Looks like the park has begun a construction update series from Jersey Devil:

News Writer

Track and trains have now arrived:

...and this is what the site currently looks like:

Source: https://twitter.com/SFGrAdventure/statu ... 9017035776

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!