Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Epcot 2021 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Vekoma Coaster

Epcot 2021 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Vekoma Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Guardians coaster may just be the best coaster of 2021 for me??? as long as they have a soundtrack as good as Guardians 2???s, actual airtime and G forces.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
lol I think the reason you keep getting disappointed by new coasters is because you get so excited without having seen a thing. Right now all we know is it's Disney, Vekoma, new train style, and will fit in a box. If you keep your mind open for a little while, it may not have to be as awesome as the crazy No Limits design in your head to be satisfying.

They said it would be like Space Mtn
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I mean its Disney. If you're expecting an intense thrill ride then you don't know the park. What you can expect though is the very best in theming an immersion. On another note though 2021 is going to be a crazy year to go there with all these new rides, and the 50th anniversary.
What are these for?

CKidd wrote:
I mean its Disney. If you're expecting an intense thrill ride then you don't know the park. What you can expect though is the very best in theming an immersion. On another note though 2021 is going to be a crazy year to go there with all these new rides, and the 50th anniversary.

Apparently, big thunder mountain has standing airtime. A

Out of 139 creds

"They said it would be like Space Mtn"

Did they say it would be "hyper style" too? I'm sure it'll be great but to think it'll be the best coaster of the year based on almost nothing is an easy way to be disappointed.

Sh!t you???re using Kentucky Flyer against me

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I may have been only one of the BTMs but it didn't have a lot of airtime(Don't think I have personally been on any minetrain that does, the). The most airtime on a WDW coaster is probably the backseat of Everest with the hill coming out of the mountain. The only truly intense coaster in the Disney collection is Rockin' Roller coaster because their target audience is not adults. No matter what this turns out to be though I am excited because Epcot really is in need of updating and more actual rides. I wish the movie branding didn't come along with that. but what can you do?
What are these for?

I rode and enjoyed Everest, found it to be an *excellent* ride for families, like B&M in that it's a real crowd pleaser that can satisfy everyone. I didn't find it to be particularly thrilling/exciting, just a lot of fun. From what I remember I noticed there was no actual airtime on the ride even back row going down that drop, only very low positives.

This ride could follow the same format where it nails its target demographic of literally everyone haha, or it could be targeted at those who enjoy a bit of an elevated thrill. We just can't say yet with the information given, only some mildly educated guesses at the experience based on other Disney work of a similar scale.

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

News Writer

Woah.

Out of 139 creds

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
So this will go outside the box as well? I wonder if that includes outdoor sections.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

News Writer

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
So this will go outside the box as well? I wonder if that includes outdoor sections.

I don't think it will, considering that a structure is already forming around the installed track ready for it be be enclosed.

Speaking of that show building, the walls are nearly complete:

This is also where the coaster track is being stored:

Source: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

News Writer

News Writer

Images of the track pieces currently stored onsite:

Also, this is what the show building currently looks like:

Sources:

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

http://blogmickey.com/2019/01/guardians ... ney-world/

News Writer

We have a name for the Guardians coaster. It will be called Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and will feature Disney's first ever backwards launch into space.

Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... ld-resort/

News Writer

News Writer

Disney is recently released a video showing off the trains for Cosmic Rewind:

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
lapbars! I like :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!