Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Golden Heights Contest

Golden Heights Contest

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 21st, 2019, 5:58 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Ward wrote:
We are done! 18 entries, thanks everyone for participating. Now it is our time to shine!

Now I do am curious on when the results will be there.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post January 21st, 2019, 6:08 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yes, that's a good turnout though! I got half way through before realising my layout wouldn't work and had to scrap it!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 28th, 2019, 8:51 am

Points on hand: 110.00 Points
Results will be in the second week of February. All entries are looking epic!

Greetings Pifpoefpaf123 and Ward

Post February 8th, 2019, 7:01 am

Points on hand: 2,347.00 Points
The Results

It's finally there! Thank you all for participating at our contest. It was a pleasure to judge all those awesome projects!

Place 18 to 11

18 Timo Kho - Endeavor
17 FCPro - Corkscrew Pines
16 FCPro - Gold Flyer
15 CoasterKappie - PROJECT 1
14 RCT3andNL2stuff - Hill Side Racer
13 Roburic - San Rozano
12 SteelWithQuality - Nomelberg
11 Rick - Mountain Express

Place 10 to 4

10 KG - Echelon - 7.5
09 Eternalyz - Red Bear - 7.8
08 Timo Kho - Zero - 8.3
07 Thrilling - Saw Blaze - 8.4
06 Yung Torru - Skepta - 8.5
05 TOGOfan - Hillbilly Corster Texas Bronco 8.6
04 Intim305 - Strata - 8.8

Top 3

03 CoasterMac - Mountaineer - 9.2
Really nice RMC coaster, great elements and awesome supports. You lost some points because you didn't have a storage for the second train. There where some few points that makes the difference. Congrats with your third place!

02 Imaginaut - Periphery - 9.4
This coaster was a nice Intamin with a great flow and good supports. The view from the entry way is really awesome! Overall a great coaster, congrats with your second place!

The winner is....
Fintamin - Avalanche
Wow, a ultra realistic Schwarzkopf coaster like Lisebergbanan at Liseberg. The layout was exactly like a Schwarzkopf and the supports with all those details were amazing. You did a great job, congratulations!

Thank you all for participating!
We would like to hear some feadback.

Your organisators,
Ward and Pifpoefpaf123

Post February 8th, 2019, 7:06 am

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Schwarzkopf <3, Mindbender <3
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Post February 9th, 2019, 4:42 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post February 10th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Congrats winners! Now I'm obviously curious on the looks of all these rides! Is there anywhere we can find them? Either it be screenshots or the full download? :)

Post February 11th, 2019, 5:47 am

You can download many coasters on NLC and a few on steam.

Post February 12th, 2019, 6:13 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Ward wrote:
You can download many coasters on NLC and a few on steam.

NLC?

Otherwise add some links to the winning tracks in the post. This would save a massive internet search. (These are the problems of running a contest across multiple websites. ^^;; )

Post February 12th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Nolimitscentral.com

It is the choise of the people who made it where they upload the coaster or not.

Post November 8th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Hello guys and welcome to the second edition of the Golden Heights Contest!
The Golden Heights Park in the hilly Golden Tops had an awesome addition to its park. An awesome Schwarzkopf terrain-hugging coaster made by Fintamin!
We had a lot of epic entries last year and were amazed by what you guys could build on the steep terrain. We never expected ALL the entries to be so good. It was a good decision to let the road go through the build area, it improved the aesthetics of the entries in my opinion, but it was also challenging :oops:
So, here we are, back with another question of the managers of the Golden Heights Park. They asked us again to search for some coaster-designers to make a coaster for the back lot of the park. The coaster must be as epic as Avalanche, so that???s a serious request. To make place for the upcoming coaster, the Golden Heights Flitzer and the observation tower were removed. Sad!
Timing: like past year, the contest will start on the 25th of November. Entries are due by 2020 (you can choose which time zone). Results will appear, just as last year, around mid-Februar. No need to send reminders cause we will make sure the results will appear by then joy . Ward is your main judge, but I???ll go through all the entries as well.
Will the contest be the same as last year?
No haha, the terrain is less steep, and you don???t have to pass over a road, although??? but you???ll see that when we will reveal the build map, around the 20th of November. There will be some nice additional rules for you. I can also promise FVD++ users can take part in this contest.
I want you to remind you that you can send as many entries as you want, but it has to be a different style every time. Example: Timo Kho sent a dive coaster and an RMC. We also won???t disqualify entries, if you didn???t meet up to some rules, it only means you get less points for that part.
Greetings from Pifpoefpaf123 and Ward

Post November 9th, 2019, 5:27 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Ohhh, sounds fun. Maybe I can actually participate for a change. xD

Post November 21st, 2019, 9:16 am

As promised, I???ll reveal the build map and rules today!
Here is your build area:
- Yellow is the build area, no footers or track can go out the outer line of the frozen support.
- Red is station area, the storage of the ride can be anywhere in the yellow area.
- Green is a special one: your ride has to reach ABOVE the green support in THAT area, so that the coaster is visible above the parking garage coming from the tunnel and underneath Avalanche wink (track of your coaster has to go fully over the above side of the frozen boundary supports). Of course, your ride can be elsewhere in the yellow area above this line too.

As you can see the area is less steep then last year, but there are some walkways running through it:
- no problem if your ride or supports are going through it
- EXCEPT for the areas with the clearance envelope. As you can see, under that specific part of the path is a bridge. Your coaster must pass underneath at least 1 of the bridges. There is a small bridge with a single hole and then a long bridge with multiple holes. So, your coaster must pass at least one of the bridges!
- the owners told us they had plans for making a cable car ride to have an easier access to their recently bought lands??? XD. There are already some pylons up and of course, your ride, supports or clearance envelope of your ride can???t pass this clearance.
- There is a lake in the middle of the build area, your footers must be at least 2m/6,5ft above the water
That was it for the main rules, pretty easy right?

Repeat:
* above the green supports (in the green support area)
* red is station
* no interference with orange clearance envelope
* pass at least one time underneath a bridge: short or/and long bridge
* footers 2m/6,5ft above the lake
That are the requirements from the park owners!
To help you, here are some additional rules (copy paste from last year)
- You can make yourself a custom station or theme your coaster, but you won't get any points for this
- Of course, you can't change the mountain setting
- You can make only one tunnel or trench, and it has to be shorter then 80m/26ft (optional)
- Number of stations + number of functional storages = number of trains
- We decided to put no maximum length, so Togo, you can design your longest mountain side jet coaster. There is also no maximum height but keep it realistic
- There is no capacity requirement, but don't make a coaster with only one car with 4 seats :)
- Make sure the footers don't clip with the terrain. There are some flat areas provided in the area, so there you can place most of your footers
- You can design a wooden terrain coaster or a giga coaster or a dive coaster or ... Choose what you like the most. Multiple entries are allowed!
- Make sure your coaster looks great, has some nice interactions with the upcoming cable car and the terrain
- O, and one minor thing: make sure your brakes are the correct ones: magnetic breaks can not hold your train in real life, so that is no Block Brake
- Make your coaster as realistic as possible, you don't have to make an accurate B&M or something like that, you can also be an invented coaster building company, just make sure it looks realistic
To spice up the competition a bit, here is the one and only Golden Heights BONUS CATEGORY! I hope this will be the real fun part of the contest, besides making the best coaster ever in the hilly terrain. You DON???T need to follow these rules, but it can give you a nice bonus on your total points blush

Coasterstyle
- Dive coaster (+6% of total points)
- Wing coaster (+8% of total points)
- 4D coaster (+12% of total points)
- Meisho Jet coaster with
* no friction and no air resistance
* using only a 50 foot lifthill (length)
* with 100% custom track using no 3ds or scripts, custom supports only
(+9% of total points)

Records
- Most inversions on the coaster (+5% of total points)
- Shortest coaster (+5% of total points)
- Fastest coaster (+8% of total points)
- Heighest coaster (+8% of total points)
- Longest coaster (+8% of total points EXCEPT you have chosen the Meisho jet coaster style)

Other
- Pass the lake at least 2 times (so: land ??? lake ??? land ??? lake ??? land) (+3% of total points)
- Track is 30,5m/100ft above the green support in the green area (+5% of total points)
- Track is more than 500m/1640ft (length) above the lake (kinda 5HOP idea XD) (+6% of total points)
- Pass underneath both bridges (+9% of total points)

Greetings from pifpoefpaf123 and Ward

Post November 21st, 2019, 12:21 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks interesting. :)

Red is station, does this mean just the station track or the entire station building?

Post November 21st, 2019, 12:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,395.00 Points

Post November 21st, 2019, 1:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
FrankLeeMadere wrote:
I don't see the download, maybe I just can't see?

You cannot see it because the map is not available yet. The map will be available Monday November 25th
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Post November 21st, 2019, 1:48 pm

RCT3andNL2stuff wrote:
FrankLeeMadere wrote:
I don't see the download, maybe I just can't see?

You cannot see it because the map is not available yet. The map will be available Monday November 25th

I see! I will be more patient. ;)

Post November 22nd, 2019, 3:46 am

The whole station building need to be in the red area.
Last edited by Ward on December 5th, 2019, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 22nd, 2019, 9:10 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I have already begun my station. You can guess what I will be entering.

Screenshot 2019-11-22 22.06.49.png

Post November 24th, 2019, 3:01 pm

It's finally there, the official Golden Heights Contest 2 map!

Remember you have time until 1 January, you can choose which time zone.
Finished? Send a download link without password to goldenheightscontest@gmail.com
Please include in the subject your name for the results.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r47Llj ... sp=sharing

This zip file includes:
Normal map
Lite version
FVD++ terrain overlay

If you have any questions, ask Ward or pifpoefpaf123 on discord or NLC or Coastercrazy.

Good luck from pifpoefpaf123 and Ward

Post November 28th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post November 29th, 2019, 3:56 pm

cool5 wrote:
My entry progress.

Looks nice! I like the custom support work a lot.
But either you haven't gotten there yet, or your coaster won't satisfy one of the rules!

- Green is a special one: your ride has to reach ABOVE the green support in THAT area, so that the coaster is visible above the parking garage coming from the tunnel and underneath Avalanche

Asking for clarification on another rule, it says we need to keep the footers 2 meters above the lake, does that mean from the surface of the water (0 meters) to the top of the footer, bottom of the footer in the ground, or measured some other way?
Also that seems to imply that no footers can go on water, or can they be 2 meters tall measured from the surface?
Depending on how that's answered is whether or not we need to be making bridges for our supports! :o That seems to possibly be the intention.

Post November 29th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,490.00 Points
Bank: 469.00 Points

Post November 30th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,489.00 Points
Bank: 1,989.00 Points
This contest sounds interesting, and I even manage to see it before it???s over lol.
Might actually give it a shot and see if I can clear me enough time to come up with something, not sure if I make it in time though. xD Actually, had some ideas floating around about a terrain-esque wing or 4D. :D.

I just have some questions regarding the ruleset, just to make sure I understand it correctly. ^^

footers 2m/6,5ft above the lake

A) Are footers allowed to be placed in water (given the footer node is more than 2 meters above the surface)?
B) Does the 2-meters-above-water-surface-rule also apply to coaster track and/or coaster clearances, and support beams (not the footers itself) as well?

no interference with orange clearance envelope

C) Do the walkways/bridge clearances only apply to the areas above the two bridges?
I.e. can the coaster's clearance, track, and/or supports interfere with the walkway's clearance cross-section in non-marked parts of the walkway?

And some general questions:
D) Does relocating or removing trees count towards modifying the landscape?
E) In order to prevent footers from clipping with the terrain, is it allowed to make footers taller than default or do they have to be placed in a flatter area in this case?

Post November 30th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
Der LK 7531 wrote:
A) Are footers allowed to be placed in water (given the footer node is more than 2 meters above the surface)?
B) Does the 2-meters-above-water-surface-rule also apply to coaster track and/or coaster clearances, and support beams (not the footers itself) as well?
C) Do the walkways/bridge clearances only apply to the areas above the two bridges?
I.e. can the coaster's clearance, track, and/or supports interfere with the walkway's clearance cross-section in non-marked parts of the walkway?
D) Does relocating or removing trees count towards modifying the landscape?
E) In order to prevent footers from clipping with the terrain, is it allowed to make footers taller than default or do they have to be placed in a flatter area in this case?

A: Yes, the top of all footers placed in water should be 2m above water surface
B: As far as I know ony for footers. You could make support structures like West Coast Racers has to support track below 3/2m meters
C: Yes, you can interfere with non-marked parts
D: No, you can (re)move them to your own choice
E: Yes, you are allowed to make footers taller
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2