Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Peregrine [RLRides B&M Wing Coaster]

Peregrine [RLRides B&M Wing Coaster]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 10th, 2020, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
While I pull together some help with creating my Giga, I decided to experiment with FVD as I actually dont have much experience on it and I was trying to get my head around some weird real life shaping B&M have been doing recently. I challenged myself to make a wingover drop, and then the whole ride just full out my head. I usually take months and months finishing a ride, but this time I just wanted to make something that celebrated a solid layout and the joy of watching a beautiful B&M.

Here's a look at my first tests of the wingover drop, it's the same style as The Swarm (didn't realise they all differed so much)

This is when I was struggling to settle on an aesthetic. I was playing around with colour far too much, but you can see here the start of the lake-side environment.

And finally how the ride is sitting now. Themed to the fastest bird in the world. The area is inspired by places I used to explore bythe sea in Wales, with dunes, beaches and cliff faces.

I do have more things to sort out, but so far, I'm very happy.

Post February 12th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,395.00 Points
What a pretty skyline this has. Really nice layout overall.
I'm sure you were going for aesthetic when stacking (from the top) air hill, roll, air hill, but I think it might ride better having a roll on the bottom as well instead of the second airtime hill. I would roll it right, countering the previous turn's roll, and then again having to roll the opposite direction to enter the final helix. And since the first major 'zero-g' element rolls left and is substantially larger, I think the pacing would be good and element variety would still be varied enough.
Either way though, this looks like it'll ride really nicely. I like the yellow/black color scheme much better.
Looking forward to checking it out. :)

Post February 13th, 2020, 3:42 am

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
I see what you???re saying, but the air-time hill was chosen over an inversion as it comes after two big swooping inversions, and it needed a break there, I???m sure you???ll see when i get the POV and download up. Plus the ride already features 5 inversions, which is enough I feel.

Return to Hard Hat Area