Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions The CoasterCrazy COVID-19 Doomsday Shelter

The CoasterCrazy COVID-19 Doomsday Shelter

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 16th, 2020, 7:24 am

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
Since COVID-19 posts have invaded every other theme park forum I figured it would make sense to have a thread to discuss current impacts and potential future impacts of Coronavirus hysteria on the industry.

What are your thoughts on the subject and what potential impacts do you see? Has your home park shut down/moved the opening date back?
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Alton Towers hasn't bothered closing as it didn't pull in enough people for anyone to be at risk and Drayton is probably still underwater from the recent flooding.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

All my home theme parks are closed: Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, etc. Given the crowd sizes those parks get, it is probably for the best that they close down to decrease the speed of infection spread. So far I hear they are closed until the end of the month but it seems like they will be closed longer given the white house guidelines of no crowds bigger than 10 people enacted today.

Shopping sucks at the moment. There's some items I can get from small markets but even then some are inundated or out of stock. I'm hoping the unreasonable shopping comes to an end soon and people shop normally so there's enough for everyone instead of people hoarding it up unnecessarily.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Governement tossed out an annoucement yesterday that all our events and such until June 1st are cancelled and not allowed. So I guess this means the themeparks over here will be closed as well until at least that date. Very understandable. But a bit of a bummer as I had a fun trip scheduled to the UK around mid May. (And finally trying to hit oakwood, which probably won't happen now :lol: )
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah we're not doing too well at the moment - but if somehow everything works out I'm all over traveling over to Oakwood for Megaphobia!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Universal and Knott's (i'm guessing this went for all Cedar Fair Parks as well) sent out recent announcements that they are extending current closures for at least a few more weeks past the initial mar. 31st date, Disney has yet to announce anything, but, ive heard that current cm's have not received schedules for next week, so I am assuming they are planning on extending their closures as well, but, as I said, I have yet to see any official announcement.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Return to General Theme Park Discussions