Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Deity [RLRides B&M Meta-Hyper]

Deity [RLRides B&M Meta-Hyper]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 14th, 2019, 9:39 am

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
After Infinity I wanted to go delve back into a B&M. The recent announcement of Orion and my little obsession with Fury's layout has drawn me towards a Giga coaster style. It's been a tough one to get right, trying to balance a good variety of elements and that intense speed, while making it have a beautiful skyline and a track length that isn't unrealistically long. It's made me understand better just what B&M have had to do with their Giga designs, it's very much a delicate balance. I did kind of miscalculate the height and it's not quite a giga and I didn't realise till later on. I did try add some height but I lost the parts I spent months tweaking and it seemed pointless, so this will remain more than a hyper but less than a giga (and I've grown to like that about it.) After a good amount of time of tweaking and testing I have a layout I like! The project name Deity is to reflect the intimidating, powerful yet graceful and beautiful nature of the ride.

The trackwork and supports are pretty much done, now it's time for the presentation and station area designing.

Post December 14th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,395.00 Points
I know just what you mean when you talk of the challenges B&M faces with these, I've got one in the works as well; and am happy to see some competition! I like the colors and theme, very inspiring. I've seen a fair bit of these made in No Limits that far exceed a track length that anybody would reasonably pay for, so I'm glad to see you've use caution there.
The layout as we can see it looks good, and I like the presence it has in the area. Your projects always have a touch of polish on them that really pulls things together.

I really liked Infinity, and I'm looking forward to this! Maybe our Gigas will battle it out on the exchange. :twisted:

Post December 16th, 2019, 7:36 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Always an exciting time when you've got a project on the go, and this looks like no exception! Been following the progress on Facebook!

Post January 1st, 2020, 7:45 am

Post January 1st, 2020, 10:34 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Love the minature ampersand :D looking forward to the release!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 2nd, 2020, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
The Grimes tho...lol. I like the layout, nice and long although I think it's very sort of conservative even for B&M. They've been dipping their toes into a little less conventional shaping a la Fury's treble clef, Orion's 90?? first hill, and Candymonium arguably has a bit of an outward bank. SO if anything I think you could push B&M's rigid envelope a little further and maybe throw in something weirder.

Post March 3rd, 2020, 1:09 pm

Have been working with @parkscape_design to come up with the object creation. The station is inspired by places of worship I've visited over the years, I love the large scale of them and imposing design. It's been really difficult to get this right, so this is still just a draft so far, but I think it starts the capture the vibe I want for the ride, we plan to put a lot more detail into it and get the texturing right, plus the actual design of some of the elements arn't final, but I'm really excited to see where this project goes. Watch this space.

Just a view from the "Orion turn"

Some lift hill details.

Post March 16th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Just an update on the queue racks <3 love how they show the scale of the station...

Here's some of Jay's lift details

Post March 23rd, 2020, 7:21 am

Just an update, the queue is getting completed at the moment and planting is in place under the ride, with a small woodland walk to a viewing area by the first drop.

Post March 29th, 2020, 6:45 am

Just wanted to show you the 'woodland walk'. With the ride taking up so much space I wanted the area to be divided up abit. The main plaza ia around the church, but if you go off the beaten track underneath the lift you'll be rewarded with a large viewing platform at the stone circle.

Post March 31st, 2020, 3:17 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

bob_3_ wrote:

That turn under the lift hill is so simple, but such a thing of beauty!

Post April 20th, 2020, 3:25 am

^ Thank you!

Also, it's live on the homepage now, but the screenshot isn't uploading. I just get a blank black square, I'll try another computer

Post May 4th, 2020, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Dropped a rate, excellent work. Very polished - as are all your coasters, and definitely worth the download! Hope to see more projects from you soon.

Post May 5th, 2020, 2:05 am

aj74205 wrote:
Dropped a rate, excellent work. Very polished - as are all your coasters, and definitely worth the download! Hope to see more projects from you soon.

Thank for the rate, it's greatly appriciated!

Also I do agree with your statement on uniqueness. I think looking back my head was so into capturing what I loved about the existing Gigas that it made it difficult to really push the layout with something "new" that fits within the parameters of what B&M would do. I'm definitely taking that onboard with the new ride which I'm just planting the seeds of now. Aiming to get the full B&M set in NL2 now.

Return to Hard Hat Area