Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Y??kai & Ikuchi [RLRides B&M Combo]

Y??kai & Ikuchi [RLRides B&M Combo]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 12th, 2020, 2:12 am

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points
On my mission to get a full set of B&M coasters completed in NL2 I've been working on this Invert most the winter. It's been scrapped like 10 times, it's been reshaped and reshaped and reshaped. I really wanted something that could sit next to Banshee as a "new gen" invert, they're shaped so weirdly and interestingly, I['ve experimented with old school inverts but I really wanted to push myself here.

Anyway after many drunken zoom calls with mates to give me ideas and way more time on my hand I sat down and finished a layout and I'm FINALLY happy with how it rides. It's a chaotic, forceful ride that also glides like it's flying. Looks like this is my next full project....

Here's a preview. I just wanted to show just how hard I've worked on this shaping, and I look forward to eventually showing it in motion.

Last edited by bob_3_ on June 29th, 2020, 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post May 12th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Cool dude!
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post May 13th, 2020, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Nice! Kinda feels somewhere between Afterburn and Banshee.

Post May 22nd, 2020, 4:12 am

^ Weirdly that was pretty much what I was going for in the layout.

Some updates! Looks like we now have a name... Y??kai, it's a general term for a type of spirit in japanese culture. All my life I've been drawn towards different aspects of Japanese art, I've always loved the mythology and also modern pieces in games and films, this seemed like a perfect time to delve into it and create something of an homage. I'm already in talks with Jay and he's started work already on creating an environment and I'm excited to see what we end up with. We have inspirations from some of my favourite things, from zelda to ghibli and the japanese connection to nature and the spiritual.

Anyway, ideas are welcome, here is the first rendition of the logo and some progess on the ride's hardware.

And a preview from Jay...

Post June 29th, 2020, 3:18 am

I have been focusing on a new-gen hyper for a while. Purely because I just love the route B&M have gone down with Mako and Candymonium. I made a layout I really loved that was thin and heavily focused on well paced air-time. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but the guys on discord convinced me to place it next to Yokai is a Dragon Khan/ShammyB combo type thing...and hey they slotted together really nicely, and now the area feels like a B&M heaven with both coasters flying around. I will be showing more as me and Jay work on it more (we need to rethink a few things to make the hyper fit), but here you go, this is Yokai & Ikuchi

Post June 30th, 2020, 3:15 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,753.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I saw the pictures before I read your comment, and as soon as I saw that second picture I thought "oh wow it's like if Dragon Khan was an invert", especially with that Japanese theme.

This looks super cool, dude, I love it!

Post October 6th, 2020, 2:39 am

Some progress!

Here is the first draft of Yokai's station. We're gonna change the scale I think as it's a little off atm, but I think you can see the vibe.

And a better sightline from the lake.

Post November 12th, 2020, 6:48 am

Sorry to spam, but Jay has now completed Yokai's queue meaning the invert is now near finished =) on track for release.

Yokai's station from the queue

The Nemesis inspired part of the queue overlooking the area

Just inside the queue from the rides entrance, a fly-by of the final helix

The "wild garden" area in yokai's finale just outside the castle walls.

Overview of the queue's overflow at dusk

Post November 12th, 2020, 9:41 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Downwards Helix is on point! Looking really polished though :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post November 26th, 2020, 2:57 am

Had some trouble uploading the file but it's finally up =)

Return to Hard Hat Area