Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! New Intamin Concepts:

New Intamin Concepts:

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 23rd, 2020, 1:39 pm
Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
So Intamin has today revealed four new concepts...:

Hot Racer:

Vertical LSM Coaster:

Giga Splash:

Ultra Splash:

...and all i can say is, why do some of these look so oddly familiar???

Post July 23rd, 2020, 1:41 pm

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Maybe its just me.................reminds me of looking at T2 trains at KK during an offeseason event and a budday said to me "Vekoma basically used the Copy & Paste method and ripped off Arrow designs"............think this can apply here
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post July 23rd, 2020, 11:01 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I mean except for the single rail track, most of this is a natural evolution of products they've already done. The power splash is basically an impulse on water. Same with the Vertical LSM coaster, its really just a new verion of the impulse. Sure other companies have similar products, lets be real, would any of that exist if Intamin wouldn't have innovated as much as they did through the 2000s?
What are these for?

Post July 24th, 2020, 5:40 am

Points on hand: 4,794.00 Points
So.....

Is this Mack ripping off RMC or RMC ripping of Mack?...

Post July 24th, 2020, 7:22 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
It would only be a rip-off if Intamin also named their single-rail after a dinosaur, which wouldn't be fitting for a racing concept.

Post July 24th, 2020, 8:15 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I feel like chiming in because people on all platforms are going all "ctrl + c" on them.

Yes, the hot racer looks like a an RMC Raptor--very sharp eye, friends. RMC's Raptor does not launch. I would not trust RMC to implement a Raptor with a launch. Intamin knows how to use LSMs. Also, if it's on the cheaper side, like Raptors, this cool concept will be accessible by smaller parks. They look super fun and I like all 3 of the stock layouts.

The vertical LSM coaster is the most advanced version of this kind of "double loop" class of coaster, be it a Sky Rocket II or one of their first designs like Sandy's Blasting Bronco. The nearly upside-down launch would be a crazy unique combination of G-forces experienced nowhere else. It's also really tall. And I love the diving roll design and fluidity. It beats a Sky Rocket II on all fronts to me.

Giga Splash is cool. That lift is insane and will freak people out. I enjoy how it's tilted at the top. And what a wicked steep drop for a big-boat water ride. It's like someone finally realized that you don't have to have a 300-foot long 45-degree drop on these. And everyone loves a little airtime hill before the big splash.

Ultra Splash is like a Mack Power Splash, yeah. It is the least interesting of the 4 new videos, to me; however I LOVE the support-less towers. It's so sleek and streamlined.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 24th, 2020, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
matthew6969 wrote:
Maybe its just me.................reminds me of looking at T2 trains at KK during an offeseason event and a budday said to me "Vekoma basically used the Copy & Paste method and ripped off Arrow designs"............think this can apply here

They didn't rip off Arrow, they licensed it. They built most of the Arrows constructed outside the US, also.

Post July 26th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Hmmm.. Mixed feelings on some of the stuff.

- The single row racer, I'm basically just wondering why they're going for that? It feels like a huge loss in capacity going for single or double. I do like some of the layouts.
- The vertical lsm coaster looks quite alright. But I don't see the potential hype of that "upside down launch"?
- The giga splash is awesome. Basically the return of the "mega splash". That lift seems amazing. I also hope they go for those kind of water jets to create an actual waterfall which you'd descent. Should be a ton of fun!
- And intamin's versions of the powersplash. Doesn't seem any different from the Mack ones? If they actually build one, I hope they at least let it cycle one extra time back and forth before making that splash. (Or at least have the option...) So you can at least enjoy the vertical spikes a tad longer then just one single time.
Shouldn't be too hard to have it launch to the back spike, have it travel without a launch to the forward spike once more (Since there should be plenty of momentum bringing you all the way up). Before it actually launches a final time backwards before falling into the splashdown. imo this would make the ride feel a bit more wholesome instead of just gimmicky?
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!