Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Indiana Beach closing for good... until it reopens

Indiana Beach closing for good... until it reopens

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Well this was unexpected:

INDIANA BEACH CLOSES AFTER NEARLY A CENTURY

White County Economic Development Director Randy Mitchell confirmed that Apex Parks Group decided to close Indiana Beach

MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) ??? Indiana Beach is closing for good on Tuesday. White County Economic Development Director Randy Mitchell confirmed that Apex Parks Group decided to close Indiana Beach after a search for buyers ended unsuccessfully. Apex Parks Senior Vice President Gregg Borman told Mitchell the closure was strictly for financial reasons.

Mitchell said Apex Parks will send out a press release in the coming weeks that will layout plans for the season ticket holders, rides, employees, and the campground.

Indiana Beach still has 27 employees, 15 in maintenance and 12 in administrative roles. The future of their employment is uncertain, according to Mitchell. Mitchell also said Apex Parks closed three other amusement parks.

WLFI will have more information as it becomes available.

The lakeside resort was opened by the Spackman family. In 2008 they sold the park to Morgan RV Resorts. On September 1, 2015, it was announced that the park had been sold to Apex Parks Group.

In 2019 a twelve-year-old boy died after suffering a medical emergency on a roller coaster at the park. Investigators determined it was not caused by Indiana Beach or the ride.

Source: https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/India ... 80101.html

Post February 18th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
This is really sad to hear. I've heard some really good stuff about this park, but I've also heard a lot of bad things about the current management, which is upsetting. I seriously hope someone can come in and save this place, it honestly looks like one of the most unique and fun parks in the world.

I also feel like it's worth mentioning that Fantasy Island in New York, the home of Silver Comet, is potentially not reopening. Apex Parks is the company that owned both Indiana Beach and Fantasy Island. Checking the website of Apex, their list of parks has been taken down and the logo for Fantasy Island can't be found anywhere. https://apexparksgroup.com/
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Post February 19th, 2020, 12:57 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Oh damn, this sucks.

RIP Cornball, which I never got to ride. :(
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post November 25th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

So after being bought by new owners in the year, we now have this development!
Attachments
Indiana_beach.png
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 26th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
The craziest development ever. This is the old Drier Looping / Magnum Force / Quimera which of course had a .... bad ending in Mexico City. Surprised someone was willing to put the necessary work in to it...it apparently was quite neglected by La Feria structurally.

Post November 27th, 2020, 3:52 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points
I think someone needs to change this topic's title lol

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

mkingy wrote:
Done and done :D

:D thank you
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!