Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Walibi Belgium 4 Year Plan (2018-2021)!

Walibi Belgium 4 Year Plan (2018-2021)!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,033.00 Points

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
Intamin strikes once again
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
They're calling it a 'non-inverting cobra roll' but it looks close to inverting.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Hmmm... I have a bit mixed feelings of the track color. I did like the red from the Iaapa video. I wonder why it got changed to dark green and black?
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 662.00 Points

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Post August 10th, 2020, 3:49 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

That drop will be amazing, guaranteed. It looks like Lech Coaster's drop, but bigger, and obviously harks back to Intamin's own Expedition GeForce as well...

Post August 10th, 2020, 8:02 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
This is probably my most anticipated 2021 coaster now, I hope the coaster keeps a good pace through all the elements. The airtime moments near the end look so good on the render.
Taron>Helix get mad

Post August 11th, 2020, 6:19 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

The drop doesn't look as whippy as EGF, but still good!

Post December 19th, 2020, 11:41 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Megacoaster at Walibi Belgium, First Test ride video!

Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post December 21st, 2020, 1:12 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Hopefully we'll get a full POV soon! I must say, I'm really glad that this turned out to be an Intamin, and not a Mack. Love the energy they're bringing to the industry right now...well except the really muted/black track colors.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I sense that it will be the one and only Expedition *2021* GeForce. :*)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Official POV!

I'm going next week, I'll post my thoughts after.
Taron>Helix get mad

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Think I'm a little bit in love. Every hill seems to be ejector air.

The thing I love most, though, is that it's about a 40 minute flight away from Birmingham :lol:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
gouldy wrote:
Think I'm a little bit in love. Every hill seems to be ejector air.

The thing I love most, though, is that it's about a 40 minute flight away from Birmingham :lol:

Literally unlatch the bar on one of the ejector hills to catch the plane back
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

I rode it today and man this was great! I've never felt this much airtime before. It's not as intense as I was expecting but I was having a blast the whole layout. If only it didn't break down so much, my advertised "40 minute queue" took 2 hours.
Taron>Helix get mad

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

straightbanana wrote:
If only it didn't break down so much, my advertised "40 minute queue" took 2 hours.

Hopefully that will just be teething issues as it's a new ride, and they'll iron out all the problems soon.

mkingy User avatar

gouldy wrote:
straightbanana wrote:
If only it didn't break down so much, my advertised "40 minute queue" took 2 hours.

Hopefully that will just be teething issues as it's a new ride, and they'll iron out all the problems soon.

I never quite understood this but I don't work with machines so that doesn't help. Surely this is (like our wickerman discussion) fairly similar to every other Intamin meg/hyper etc. Surely they can take all the teething issues experienced by other parks to eliminate them through technical or operational means?
Coaster Count - 198

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

You'd have thought so yes, unless they've implemented a new system/design for how it all works, and this coaster is the test mule for that new system. Then going forwards you'd expect future versions to have less issues until they implemented another new system again.

Hard to say without knowing what the actual issues they had during Straightbanana's visit.

It could have been something like what happened to us with Nemesis yesterday. Nemesis hardly ever breaks down as far as I'm aware, but it stopped for 15 minutes with us on it. They've had 25 years to work out all the "teething issues" and it still breaks down :lol:. What I mean is, Straightbanana could have just been unlucky of course. Unless they are having constant issues with it and what he experienced was actually symptomatic.

mkingy User avatar

Nemesis only stopped so I could purchase those gig tickets whilst stopped on the brake run, very considerate!
Coaster Count - 198

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

gouldy wrote:
You'd have thought so yes, unless they've implemented a new system/design for how it all works, and this coaster is the test mule for that new system. Then going forwards you'd expect future versions to have less issues until they implemented another new system again.

So I guess Intamin designs a new system for each new coaster they build? As it seems all their coasters seem to have a bunch of startup issues. xD

Points on hand: 2,903.00 Points
Every new ride will reincorporate the systems in a different way. Construction projects of this size are hugely complicated no matter what it is. Rollercoasters incorporate thousands of technical components, all manually strung together into a system that has to be configured to that bespoke setup, and is then used to a brutal extend over decades. Ironing out operational kinks with machinery this complicated will be inevitable, regardless of how many times the individual components have been used before.

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

changa wrote:
Every new ride will reincorporate the systems in a different way. Construction projects of this size are hugely complicated no matter what it is. Rollercoasters incorporate thousands of technical components, all manually strung together into a system that has to be configured to that bespoke setup, and is then used to a brutal extend over decades. Ironing out operational kinks with machinery this complicated will be inevitable, regardless of how many times the individual components have been used before.

Very true. I often look at them as products, but in reality they're really not. Even the "off-the-shelf" pre made roller coaster layouts are in truth still bespoke items each time they're built.

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!