Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising Kingda Ka

Kingda Ka

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post April 22nd, 2016, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points
http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/detail.php?track_id=21301

My recreation of Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure, the first coaster I've made in NL2 and one I've been working on for a long time. The coaster, station, and queue are all finally finished and ready to go up here.

The coaster is not intended to be an exact recreation, but rather to fix some problems of the real coaster while otherwise being as accurate as possible. Therefore, it lacks trim brakes on top of the tower (these ruin the airtime you'd otherwise get in the back seats), lacks the straight sections before and after the turnaround at the end of the ride to bring the trains back into the station faster and shorten the launch interval, and most noticeably it has a completely new dispatch pattern, a new station layout to accommodate it, and a fifth train.

All four stations are used to the fullest. The front stations are loading stations, while the rear stations are now dedicated unloading stations. Trains load at the front, dispatch one at a time from alternating sides, and return to the unloading station on the opposite side. Five train operation keeps the stations full and maximizes load and unload time while still keeping the launch interval to the minimum. The fifth train is based on the yellow train seen in the coaster's announcement video.

It includes Zumanjaro by Projektion and car textures by TallonD83. It does not include the new supports added with Zumanjaro, since they do not appear on Google Earth yet it's difficult to do them accurately.

The station music is Played-A-Live by Safri Duo, Eye of the Tiger by DJ Quicksilver, and Samb-Adagio by Safri Duo. All of these are heard at the actual coaster.

Its top speed is only 116.5 MPH rather than the correct 128 MPH as it needs to go over the tophat at the correct speed. With a 128 MPH launch, it goes over the tophat at 53 MPH!

Length: 3421 ft

Height: 456 ft

Speed: 116.5 MPH

Post April 23rd, 2016, 9:20 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I'm going to take off realism points if it doesn't break down at least twice every hour and be down for extended periods of time because the mechanics probably still don't know how to fix small issues.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post April 26th, 2016, 7:59 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Curious as to how many g-forces the patrons experience on your Kingda Ka ride, compared to an actual one that is said to pull 5g's, because I see the value "116.5 MPH".

:)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 26th, 2016, 8:41 am

lol240 wrote:
^^ Curious as to how many g-forces the patrons experience on your Kingda Ka ride, compared to an actual one that is said to pull 5g's, because I see the value "116.5 MPH".

:)

All taken from a middle seat...

Launch Accel: 1.3 G

Going from launch to vertical: 4.5 Vert G max

Going over tophat: Vert G goes down to -0.6 both on the way up and on the way down.

Going from drop to second hill: Sustained 4.5 vert G, momentarily hits 4.6.

Second hill: Vert G goes down to -0.5

Brake deceleration: -1.0 G.

From the front seat, vert G reaches -1.1 on the way up the tophat. From the back, it reaches -1.1 on the way down. A faster launch would increase these to uncomfortable or even dangerous levels.

Post April 27th, 2016, 11:47 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Helpful details, thanks! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 23rd, 2023, 2:15 pm

I've made quite a few updates since the initial release, and I've just released what's probably the final version.

Physics model is now the current NL 2.2, rather than the original NL 2. This required some tweaking to the speeds and timing, it now launches at 118 MPH rather than 116.5 MPH.

Added TheCodeMaster's Hydraulic Launch Kit.

Updated the operator booth staircase to provide access to the previously inaccessible forward center part of the station.

And the big one... All control panels are now fully functional and labeled. They use the individual interactive controls added in the 2.6.4.0 update, and custom legend plates I made in SketchUp and Photoshop. I'll probably release a pack of these for anyone to use. I added all available controls to the main panel in the booth, all the ones that make sense to each of the station panels, and added a new transfer control panel to the beginning of the launch track. The layouts are NOT based on the real coaster, as the controls available in NL2 differ substantially from the real ones. This is the main panel:

Lastly, I added a new 4K preview screenshot that reflects all the changes.

Return to Track Advertising