Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Recreation Projects

Recreation Projects

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 30th, 2004, 7:50 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

After my last 3 monster original projects, I have taken on the task of recreating even more coasters than just Cedar Point's. I won't talk much about them yet, but I will tell you which coasters I will be recreating... and I'm sure alot of people will be rather happy about my selections...

1. The Legend @ Holiday World
2. The Raven @ Holiday World
3. Thunderhead @ Dollywood

I also mentioned the Cedar Point coaster project a while ago, but now I have truly begun working on it. I have finished the basic track layout of Millennium Force, Magnum X-L 200, and Top Thrill Dragster.

I will be releasing the Cedar Point Project in 2 waves... without objects and with objects. The first will have the track layout and supports done to perfection, while the second will have objects to the level of detail of Real's TTD 2003. Queue paths, ground textures, trees, walkways, trash cans, music stations, water park rides, the beach, just about everything. All 3 of the other coaster recreations will have objects as well, as close as I can to real just from studying the pictures and Rob Alvey's coaster footage.

BTW, I am on a recreation binge, and I would like to add another one to the construction list. Any suggestions? I would like to make something that people are dying to see recreated in NL.

Post October 30th, 2004, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 226.00 Points
When are you releasing the cedar point project? and you should do Thunderhead @ Dollywood

Post October 30th, 2004, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post October 30th, 2004, 8:49 pm

Post October 31st, 2004, 12:16 am
cjd

I'll be working on the CP project off and on all winter, and I will probably release the no object versions in February or March, and the version with objects after next summer, when I will have a chance to go in CP with a camera and get decent textures for my objects. However, the other recreations will be here about at Christmas time. Well, what can I say? Recreating 16 coasters takes a very long time.

Post October 31st, 2004, 4:15 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ well, I don't think TTD is needed do to the great recreation by Real, or Wicked Twister, but for everything else, go ahead. Are you also gonna be doing disaster transport?

Post November 1st, 2004, 8:42 am

I hope so. no one has said they are going to do it.

Post November 1st, 2004, 9:01 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

hey, erm, by looking at the rides you have already said you are going to recreate, i can see that maybe you won't really think about trying to build my suggestion, but here it is anyway.....Nemesis.....I have recreated this and know that it is challenging to do, not only for the track, but for the terraforming aswell, noone has really done a brilliant recreation of Nemesis to my knowledge. I think that this would be a good ride to recreate for you, as you sound as if you like a challenge, also you clearly like to do 3D's, so what could be more challenging than the Nemesis station? Please think about my suggestion because I would really like to see a fully realistic recreation of it, thanks [:)]

Post November 1st, 2004, 10:11 pm
cjd

Actually, I think Nemisis would be a really cool coaster to recreate. After Christmas, when I will have enough money to buy the full version of an object creation software, I will take that project on. I ordered all 4 of Robb Alvey's coaster footage dvd's, of which Alton Towers and Nemisis are included. The objects will be ridiculously difficult, but it sounds fun to make. I will go for it. BTW, I am recreating Disaster Transport. (another tough project...) Well, I guess I better get working on improving my 3ds skills.

Return to Hard Hat Area