Board index Public Relations Site Related 2 Issues

2 Issues

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Post May 25th, 2005, 9:31 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Lately there have been two obnoxious things going on in the forum complaint rate complaint forum.

1. Members posting complaints about ratings that are not their coasters. I think that if a designer cares about their coaster enough and is mature enough, they can post complaints for ratings of THEIR coasters. If it does not bug them, why should it bug you?

2. Members commenting on the rating complaint. Only the Rater, the designer and Mods/Admins should be given priviledges to post replies to the complained rate. We don't need members rating rates and causing more flame wars.

Post May 25th, 2005, 9:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post May 25th, 2005, 9:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
If they want to solve the problem, DON'T HANDLE COMPLAINTS IN A PUBLIC FORUM. I don't know why they don't just have a 'Report a Bad Rate' link on the file page like Coasters2k does, instead of having to turn every little issue into some sort of soap opera.

Post May 25th, 2005, 9:43 pm

Originally posted by Tyler

If they want to solve the problem, DON'T HANDLE COMPLAINTS IN A PUBLIC FORUM. I don't know why they don't just have a 'Report a Bad Rate' link on the file page like Coasters2k does, instead of having to turn every little issue into some sort of soap opera.
Thank you, I was one of the ones who helped get that going when I was a mod there ... it worked perfectly, IMO, and STILL does.

Then why not PM the staff and take this up with them rather than raking a stab at them for not enforcing something in public? Pretty petty (dangerous) man ... pretty petty. [V]

Post May 25th, 2005, 9:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I agree with Tyler and TConwell. Coasters2k's rating report system is very effective and works well. I haven't encountered ANY situations where a rating report has gone out of hand there since this feature has been implemented. Only the staff members can see the reported rate, and whatever the majority of the staff decides is carried out. The rating complaint forum here is just a disaster, also the staff taking forever to reply to the topics there doesn't help much either.

Post May 25th, 2005, 9:46 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Because this is an issue with the community, and the community needs to have a say. It's a forum, I will PM them though.

Post May 25th, 2005, 9:48 pm

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

Because this is an issue with the community, and the community needs to have a say. It's a forum, I will PM them though.
When did you start thinking this was a democracy around here so much so that the "community" had a say? [lol] Are you forgetting about whose site this is?

Quit stirring the pot man, it is becoming nonsensical.

Post May 26th, 2005, 2:32 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

imo is it out of hand that people can't control their fingers and reply to posts in the comlaints forum. You guys take it out of control, we don't. If you let us do the work the way it was intended, there'd be no need for people to be at each other's throat. So if people can just view a complaint and leave it to our discretion it'll be fine. You guys know most of the time make the right choice and you guys replying to them only makes it worse and lastly that one complaint was left unlock on purpose to see how guys you are willing to continue battling it out and to see who cannot follow the sticky forum rules there. The problem is not us, the staff, the problem is the handful of you who cannot stop from replying in topics you shouldn't be. Why not code a report to mod link in there? Because we are damn busy trying to get other things up for YOU. This site was initially created for me and only me, than ideas flowed from MoP my long time friend now and the site went public somehow, and you guys made it into what it is today, remember all those, suggestions topics? Well we all added everything from there, hell many of you voted for the articles and from the looks of it, no one bothers anymore to write any. And as a Tconwell said, this is no democracy, it's a dictatorship, I being the head honcho and my staff being my TRUSTED workers. yep workers, they work their butts hard every day here and I appreciate every second they spend here and wish we had a steady flow of cash here so I can pay them for their services. Anyway, just refrain yourselves from replying to complaints. Let them be posted and that's that. We're sp far behind on stuff here as well. time is of the essence here and we don't have much of it. Making your quarrels there doesn't help us. Think about it everybody. I could be an ass like the staff of other sites and just ban the ones who disagree with us or who ever keeps complaining and move on, but guess what, we really do like you guys. We really like you coming here, but not to give us a hard time about each and every single rate. If the rate looks quirky, post the topic and the rest of you don't bother with it. It has been working fine the past few years, only in the recent months has it exploded into so much drama.

Post May 26th, 2005, 2:59 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

That's it, posts from now on are moderated in there. No one will ever have to see or be able to reply to the topics there, it will only be between the topic poster and the staff.

Post May 26th, 2005, 3:43 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
thanks you, o great leader, the site is a mcuh better places now, amen
[;)]

Return to Site Related