Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions six flags over texas

six flags over texas

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 11th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Points on hand: 88.00 Points
does anyone know it sfot will be getting a new coaster

Post June 13th, 2005, 9:06 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I'm sure they will someday, but don't hold your breath waiting for it. SFOT has always had large gaps of time between new coasters. The only exception to this was Mr. Freeze, Batman, and Titan, which i'm pretty sure was only done due to a contract agreement made shortly before Premier took over. Another question worth asking is this: If SFOT was to get a new coaster, where would they put it?

Post June 13th, 2005, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 88.00 Points

Post June 13th, 2005, 6:10 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

I guess that's possible, but I hope it never happens. JRS sitting by itself next to the lake makes for a cool park entrance.

Post June 13th, 2005, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Well, that area by the lake is sort of ok -- but just remember with all the little businesses in that area there could issues. However, there is room over in Gotham if they expand out more past where Batman sits.

Post June 14th, 2005, 12:00 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

They should sell it sense Premier bought the six flags park, and its not actually "Six Flags" anymore. I guess it kinda does it have the history to its name like what it would have if the original Six Flags owned it, because really, Once Premier bought the parks, they've really started to run the place down. For the record, when did Premier Parks buy out Six Flags?

Post June 14th, 2005, 2:53 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

It was somewhere around 1997-98, I think. Also, I'm not sure that Premier actually 'owns' the park. I don't know all of the details, but I remember reading somewhere that there is a private group of people who own the Texas park, with Premier managing it. I'm fairly sure that the Georgia park is set up the same way.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions