Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Silver Surfer [NL]

Silver Surfer [NL]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 29th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Looks like a cool layout but I think it could use a few more airtime hills!

Post August 29th, 2005, 3:57 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
looks nice, do you already have some stats from the ride? max speed, hight and things like that.

Post August 29th, 2005, 4:22 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
1.) Decent Layout
2.) Fix the straight sections and pumping
3.) Make sure it has at least 5 airtime hills.
4.) If you need a tester, PDwaileebe@mac.com

Post August 29th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
yea like other people are saying you at least need at least 2-4 air time hills i would problay make 2 though

Post August 31st, 2005, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,198.00 Points
I noticed all your tips and decided to change and extend the track.
http://nldc.interfix.net/i5975
Because of the new Helix, the coaster doesnt lose much speed, so that it hast got much more speed left to go through the rest of the layout.

Post August 31st, 2005, 8:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

1.) Decent Layout

Im sorry to be a complete jerk but who made you the governor or coasters?

This is the type of thing that irks me. Let the guy design! He designs it the way he wants for whatever reason he chooses. If its one of his first designs, let him do it. He will learn more as he goes and he will gain confidence if he at least releases a ride he likes.

I think I should go through all of the topics and tell people what I think the ride should have and see how that turns out.

Post August 31st, 2005, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

probably better coasters [lol] but seriously, that is a very bold thing to say, next time you post a ride up we'll be sure to tell you how to design ;). anyway, That layout looks like MF right after all hell broke lose....I love it [pshades]

Post August 31st, 2005, 10:03 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Originally posted by Brtnboarder495

1.) Decent Layout

Im sorry to be a complete jerk but who made you the governor or coasters?

This is the type of thing that irks me. Let the guy design! He designs it the way he wants for whatever reason he chooses. If its one of his first designs, let him do it. He will learn more as he goes and he will gain confidence if he at least releases a ride he likes.

I think I should go through all of the topics and tell people what I think the ride should have and see how that turns out.

[lol]

Those are my suggestions and comments. The only thing that can be debated is the # of airtime hills, seeing as the straight sections are just plain boring and with poor transitions can be uncomfortable. The pumping ... well that speaks for itself. I believe the layout is decent, not special or perfectly thought out, but decent. IMO 5 or less airtime hills isn't enough for a good Intamin Mega Hyper, Mega Hypers are meant for air and speed.

Post August 31st, 2005, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I can understand what you and I would want. I personally love to see as many hills as can be crammed into a single ride. Combined with some good G's and such.

I just wouldnt want him to get discouraged or start thinking that the only reason to build rides is so they will score high. Its a problem right now as is.

Its why I dont do many custom coasters. Too many people like to insert what they would have done instead of what is there. Sticking to recreations is much easier.

Return to Hard Hat Area