Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project J.B.O - JPECOOL

Project J.B.O - JPECOOL

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 8th, 2005, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Hey, i just wanna show peeps my new rid i am starting. It is called Project J.B.O and is based loosely on Jubilee Odyssey at fantasy island (My home park).

My ride is over 200feet high with a maximum speed of 71mph. It has a highest G force of 5g and and includes 10 inversions! It is a vekoma SLC custom.

You can see pics of it here. The project has only just started so that is no where near finished obvioulsy. I just wanna see what you guys think, and whether i should continue! The ride may include 3ds when finished and will definately be totally custom supported in the style of Jubilee Odyssey!

You can see the ride here
http://nldc.interfix.net/p296

So what do you guys think?

Thanks
JPECOOL

Post February 8th, 2005, 5:34 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,888.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well, its early doors yet, but it looks pretty nice, with some good looking elements like that double zero g roll. As long as its smooth and the supports are good, I think it'll be a good coaster [;)]

Post February 8th, 2005, 5:45 pm

Thanks mate! The zero G roll is very smooth at the moment. The bit i am struggling with is the large turn between the dive loop and the cobra roll. It has a huge bump in it but i think i might be able to iron it out. The drop took 2 or 3 hours on its own.. lol. [lol]!

Post February 8th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Are you going to heartline that double zero-g roll?

Post February 9th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Im not sure if i should. Im not that gerat at heartlining but i know in the end it would make it much nicer! I might end up leaving it beacause it would be VERY hard to hearline that!

Post February 9th, 2005, 3:48 pm

use the auto-heartline generator?

I just noticed in this pic: http://nldc.interfix.net/i1412
That you have some rolls down in the corner...you should heartline them too :P
Unless of course you want them to be like the rolls on a standard SLC?

Post February 9th, 2005, 3:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
The rolls on a Standard SLC are actually small corks strung together, not really rolls.

And I actually found those to be the best part of the SLC. Provided some wicked footchoppers.

Post February 9th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Yeah going into those rolls/corks out of the turn around gives a really good foot chopper effect.
Not the best pic to show it,but that part, going over the sidewinder http://rcdb.com/ig429.htm?picture=2

Post February 11th, 2005, 5:26 pm

I dont like to use tools, i knwo it makes rides better, but i dont see the point. Although i may end up using it. [lol]

Post February 11th, 2005, 5:38 pm

Just use them! If you have good track construction in the first place it won't hurt to use them. Especially when doing something as tricky as heartlining.

Post February 11th, 2005, 5:47 pm

where do y get it from? Is it in the construction kit cos i dont have that.

Post February 11th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Most of the free tools can be found on www.coastercandy.com
If you try and use the autoheartliner tool, make sure you read the readme and ask questions if it screws it up! ;)

Post February 12th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Do you mean it could screw up my copy of nolimits or just my track. If you mean track then thats okay. I can just make that section again, or even just save the track again in another name so i hav two copies before using the heartliner on one! [lol]

Post February 12th, 2005, 7:17 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

Post February 13th, 2005, 11:56 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,888.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Don't give into peer pressure, don't use tools! [:D] Only those of us who don't use tools can feel the best satisfaction for completeing a brilliant ride. If you finish this ride without using tools and you really like it, you will feel so much more satisfied with yourself than if you use a tool to help you do it ... plus you'll get a higher rating from me! [lol]

Post February 13th, 2005, 3:04 pm

So what you are saying is that a ride with flaws gets a higher rating? Because we all know that hand smoothing cannot generate proper elements unless you can smooth segmetns in and around 10ft long. If you can, then you will get high props from me. Otherwise, theres always going to be a very high rate of error in hand built rides, especially steel. I have no problem with people who do, however, just dont expect any sympathy.

I just wish you guys would stop being so naive and acting like these tools make it all so easy. I still spend days on single elements working them to perfection and it still requires a ton of hand work. Maybe one day youll actually see for yourself what it does rather than acting like they are magic tools?

Gouldy you are a good designer with alot of great ideas and quite frankly, the better designers benefit most from these tools. Obviously you are happy with what you do and thats wonderful, but I think asking people to rate higher is like someone saying "Hey, I know the E-Stop doesnt work, just dont rate that"

I just think its a bit unfair and somewhat an insult to act like I or others who use tools dont put in the extra effort. I still spend hours upon hours a week fine tuning and going through hundreds of saved files to get my tracks where I want them, only then to be rated down? I dont see the logic behind that.

Post February 13th, 2005, 3:07 pm

[lol] yeah, i downloaded the tool, but then deleted it for two reasons. I couldnt be bothered with colecting all the information you need to to make the ride heartlined. Then, i also agree with gouldy. I dont like using tools! I have never used a tool so far for no limits (apart from the auto flanger!) and have being getting decent rates. So why should i start now??????????? [lol]

BTW, i am putting this project on hold for a while. Im just not enjoying this project at the moment so why should i carry on with it. I have started a new woody, and also have a tiny little Intamin rocket that i starting making quite a while ago, but never finished! : p

Post February 13th, 2005, 5:48 pm

Dont use the auto supports, its a tool you know ;) It does the same thing the tools do, it speeds up functions you could do by hand.

See, Ive been through all the debates possible and no one can convince me yet that the tools take away from the sim. What if the tools got integrated into the simulator? Would you guys just up and quit? If that were the case, I hope you dont use feature to display the heartline or use auto supports, they serve the same and similar function.

I really am not trying to be ultra cynical here but honestly, I do respect people who do choose to work by hand. I have no problem with it, its just pathetic to DOWNrate people who use tools. Why not just grade them harder since their work is just that much more polished?

In the very least its not very inspiring to continue uploading rides for people in communities that discriminate like that. I thought this was one of the most liberal communities too. :\ (Not meant to be a plea for sympathy or a hook - Im well aware that Im just one of many people in a community)

Post February 14th, 2005, 7:43 am

I never said i did downrate for using tools, but i dont uprate (is that a word) for using tools either. i just leave it as normal. i see people using tools as fine, although i just dont want to use tools. Its just my personal preference. Although yes i do use the autosupports for my woodies, but i also add some of my own custom supporting, and i also use the auto flanger. Thats it!

Post February 14th, 2005, 10:42 am

I think he was refering to Gouldy with his statement about downrating

Return to Hard Hat Area