Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL] Project SLC - Update 30-12-05

[NL] Project SLC - Update 30-12-05

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 27th, 2005, 8:49 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I guess alot of the older members still remember one of my older projects: Project SLC. Only of the first projects were i started working on with lot's of 3ds. Never a layout was given and it got stopped because i lost inspiration. Now about 2 years later i will start working on it again. But not the same layout, during the years the layout and trackwork has rusted still a piece of scrap. But don't worry, finally today you will be able to see the layout as i build it then.

Here are a few screens that I made a few years ago:
The high fps 3d wall

The station with stretched out textures and stuff

Again bad textured walls.

Again bad textured pylons.

As you notice, the 3d shaping was ok, but the texturing sucks, so I will totally redo that. Now again the layout from a picture that was taken long ago (Too bad in a time when I build the station):
As you see, pretty crap layout. The new layout will be made yet, and of cource kept secret [;)]

For so far the status from after deleting the layout:
empty terrain, bad textured stuff. You'll see it all. Also i'll show you people the sketches that i made in that period (yes, i still have them...), but i need to scan those in first. Look out for some nice sketches from scenery stuff... And of cource, the new progress of the ride [;)]
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on December 30th, 2005, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 28th, 2005, 2:49 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post December 28th, 2005, 3:40 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
That sandbag looking wall looks like it will eat up FPS, but if it doesent its pretty sexy I must say.

Post December 28th, 2005, 4:04 am
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
I wanted him to do the one with his first smoke tunnle

Post December 28th, 2005, 4:11 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by hyyyper

omg you still have this project?

yes [lol] That's what happends if you have a 320gb HD [lol]

Originally posted by SFMM homie

That sandbag looking wall looks like it will eat up FPS, but if it doesent its pretty sexy I must say.

It pretty much did ate my fps on the laptop. So i'm going to try to make a 2nd less killing wall...

Post December 28th, 2005, 9:23 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

- Update - 29-12-05 -

Well, fairly large update:
As first the promised sketches for this ride, These are 7 out of 8 sketches that i'd ever made. The last one is missing. Gotta search that one sometime.:

one of the first drawings, simple the sizes and stuff for the launch area

More launch area and the wall idea...

Lots of measurements of an unbuild room, well. for like 10% it was done.

Quick sideview of that room

More basic sketches, of the the room, stuff that could inside...

Drew a 3d perspective from the unbuild room. But don't worry, i'll still try to find a space for the room ideas.

The missing sketch should be here, this was more a sketch of a textured tunnel inside the tombe. Too bad i lost it. I guess you peeps would have found that interesting.

and as final sketch, some mysterious logo idea's, well. One has been already worked out today virtually on the pc. And added. Look good in the screenshot and you might find it [;)]

I've done the retexturing stuff today, and as you can see on the poles, they have new textures. Also i've adjusted some textures on other spots:

Also i started working on the first element. Top hat, but just a lonely tot hat it isn't going to be. I've just made a support stucture below it so i know a little bit the look and the size i can make the object. As i quickly drew it on paper it looks pretty amazing. Now only hope I can actually make that amazing look back on the pc.
You can also see that i've enlarged the wall, I re-tried it but it's hard to make a good looking wall with low poly's so enlarging the wall eventually use less wall pieces so less poly's again. Also I think a larger wall fits more with the theme...

Enjoy the screens and the sketches and like always, comments are welcome [:)]

Post December 30th, 2005, 8:30 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

small update:

30-12-05

i've almost finished the structure where the top hat is going over it. I've still got some flames planned in the large bowl, but they probably will come later in progress...

Comments are welcome [:)]

Post December 30th, 2005, 9:25 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
u should make the theming greek, cos that thing is gonna look a lot like an olympic flame, when a fire is on top of it

Post December 30th, 2005, 12:58 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

greek is too white :P I'd rather like the dusty egypt

Post December 30th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
wow who would think that you were acctully good at 3ds lol jus messin your ride looks pretty sweet if you need any advice . . .[:D]

Post December 30th, 2005, 5:05 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

lol, i'd rarely use my 3d skills, it cost way too much time, and all my project that involve 3ds always get on a hold!
For example:
- This project (been on hold for 2 times about now)
- The eurofighter
- Launched stand up water coaster

Just a few projects, i have like 20 more on paper here...

Return to Hard Hat Area