Board index Public Relations Contests "Put Me on the Map" Contest RESULTS PAGE 8!!!

"Put Me on the Map" Contest RESULTS PAGE 8!!!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post January 24th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Post January 24th, 2008, 2:34 pm

Points on hand: 892.00 Points

Post January 24th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Sorry, baseball pracitce every night plus work on the weekend = no time to rate. I am off Sunday so I may be able to get some rates done.

Post February 19th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Points on hand: 104.00 Points

Post March 16th, 2008, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 892.00 Points
and counting..

edit: woops, you haven't read that, still have to finish my own ratings

Post March 19th, 2008, 1:28 pm

Points on hand: 104.00 Points

Post March 19th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

^Are you waiting for results? I think you should probably just give up on that.

Post May 4th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Points on hand: 962.00 Points
ya, i spent a fair amount of time on that coaster, i'd atleast like to know who won, it's been months and months

Post July 21st, 2008, 5:02 pm

OMFGZ THE RATINGZZ!!!!!

Sorry for the little wait, but here they are!

------------------------------------------------------

Atom Smasher - Kevin Brennan

T: Possibly the best technical coaster entered beside Alton's. The track was smooth, very little pumping and bumps, good job! Finally someone picked a style and stuck to it! I see that you went after a classic CCI, and you did pretty good. While not perfect, you obviously were much closer than anyone else was. Forces were in check, passed all tests, ect. The extra supportwork was very nice and I appreciated it...it really adds to a wooden coaster in NL IMO. They just feel akward without the extra work! Bravo!

Score- 9.0

A: Really good job here too. The pacing was near perfect! The forces were exciting, with awesome airtime and insane CCI laterals! I would love to take a spin on this in real life. You also did a nice job with interaction with the path crossovers and passes of the various amusement rides. Nothing to complain about here really!

Score- 9.0

O: Your coaster didn't really feature that many unique elements, but the layout was new and exciting. I like that you touched all areas of the template yet left room for plenty of other attractions to be added. Cool pass by the water too, as the turn was nearly flat and would provide a great view and sense of speed. I also have to commend you on the nice support work and wooden covering of the brake runs here, aswell. Oh yeah, don't forget that nice cartexture!

Score- 9.5

Total: 9.17

---------------------------------------------

Blue Streak - Tracksix

Very impressive entry you have!

T: As good as a product this ride was, it still suffered from the same problem as Jer's track. It was very smooth disregarding a few pumps and kinks, but the track didn't follow one of the styles the park was looking for. It felt like a freeform woodie to me. However, I have to give you kudos in other Tech areas. The forces were fairly agressive yet still stayed within the limits set. Nice job! Also, the custom supporting was awesome! So other than that one issue with the track type, you did an amazing job.

Score- 8.0

A: WOW! This is a perfect example of how a ride that's not too tall (relatively) can produce one hell of a ride. The pacing never let up and like I said before, the forces rocked. There was nice ejector and even positives throughout the ride. Lats could have perhaps been a little more agressive in some areas but would still be awesome IRL. You also had some cool headchoppers in there, so good job on that. Last but not least, GREAT use of the template! The other rides in the park were interacted with greatly and so were the paths! I don't think you could have done it much better.

Score- 9.0

Originality: Once again you nailed it. The track was organized well yet didn't resemble anything i've seen before! Nice job of using elements we've all seen before in a completely new layout. But more so than the trackwork, all of your extra work payed off in this category. The 3ds were very nicely done and really added to the atmosphere around the ride. I really liked the lights on the lift hill and the nets over all of the cross-overs!

Score- 9.0

Total: 8.67

----------------------------------------------

Landslide - Guitfiddle

T: Another victim of the company style choice! A coaster of this nature probaly would run Millenium Flyers, too. The trackwork was ok, but there were various pumps and bumps along the way.Supports were a little iffy, but I have to give you some credit because you tried. However my biggest issue here is the use of wheels on the station and brake runs. They should be built on a slope so they don't rely on the wheels, which just look and feel bad on the ride IMO. Remember that next time!

Score- 5.0

A: The first half of the ride was paced very well! There was some nice forces of every kind present aswell. I really thought you were going to score big in this area, but up came the MCBR. First of all, a coaster with 2 trains doesn't really need one. Secondly, it was out of place and left a very boring second 1/2 of the ride where nothing really hapenned. The remainder of the ride was very slow and forceless. Sorry but 1/2 of the ride stinking it up is a big issue for me...the ending should leave the riders thinking "Wow!"

Score- 6.0

O: Your best category easily. I liked the very steep drop, the 2 layer track section, the twistyness of the ride, and the cyclone style helix. The layout seemed pretty random, but actually had somewhat of a structure and though to it, which is good. I also would have liked a tad more interaction, but kudos for not relying on the box at the top of the template for much ride area. However, the other issues mentioned (especially the MCBR) still keep the score somewhat down, as they all effect this area IMO. The ride just needs to be lights out in this area to get a relatively high score. I also would have liked a tad more interaction, but kudos for not relying on the box at the top of the template for much ride area.

Score- 7.0

Total: 6.0

-----------------------------------------

Reaper - hyyyper

T: Uh I'm not quite sure what to think, lol. Once again the style is a huge mystery here. The park didn't ask for a freeform design, but a GG, GCI, CCI, or S&S design! Besides, your trackwork was a little iffy hyyyper. There were some pretty bad jerks and pumps and overall the trackwork wasn't very consistent. You managed to stay within the force restrictions though, good job. The supports were cool and the 1 cross-over of the parking lot was done nicely and I'd have no problem parking underneath it.

Score- 6.5

A: It was pretty fast and kept it up pretty good. The forces were there throughout the entire ride and it would be a fun ride IRL. I liked the attempt at the opposite bank entrance into a 90* turn, similar to the Voyage, but I felt like you could have "performed" it a little bit better. I don't have much more to say here though, it was kinda there but in a good way. Ugh I don't know how to say what I want to say!

Score- 7.5

O: Finally a nice, organized layout. I still think that various elements could have been executed better but I am just happy to see a layout that makes sence. The one downside to it though is there isn't much interaction with the other rides. Think how sweet that helix could have been wrapped around a flat ride or something! Also, a cross-over one of the main paths would have easily increased the rides interaction with the park's guests, which this park really wants in it's once signature coaster.

Score- 7.5

Total: 7.17

--------------------------------------

Roughrider- Jer

T: This was the hardest area for me to judge on your coaster. Generally speaking the ride was smooth but after riding in the back I saw numerous pumps and jerks that couldn't be seen in the back. Your forces were in check, so good job in that aspect. The various crosses over the paths looked to be supported well enough to support itself, but other than that it looks like you chose not to do any more custom supporting. My last concern in this category was realism. It looks as you chose the GCI style, yet the track rode like a free-form woodie and didn't match any of the styles the park was looking for.

Score- 6.5

A: This was easily your best area. The pacing was very quick throughout most of the ride. There was solid airtime throughout, some headchoppers, and some laterals to keep even the big woodie fans happy. The one downside here was that some of the elements, especially in the beginning, were too spread out. Tightening some of them up would have really benefited your track. Also, I would have liked to see a little more character in the first turnaround, not just a relatively flat turn.

Score- 7.5

O: Unfortunetly, this was your worst category. While riding I didn't feel like this coaster was something special that seperated itself from the other entries. The ride was relatively flat and I felt like it was repeating itself throughout the ride even if it really wasn't. There wasn't too much of a layout structure, as it seemed very random (even too much for a GCI), which is pretty dissapointing for the park.

Score- 6.0

Total: 6.67

Result: Disqualification. Why? It seems as you disregarded the rules that state your ride must run exactly 2 trains. The park isn't big enough to require 3 yet would like to have another on hand so the ride is reliable and can handle medium crowds.

--------------------------------------------

Terror Typhoon - Anac0nda

T: We seem to have a reoccuring theme in this contest. Pretty smooth coaster, with a few kinks and forces within the boundries, but no style! You like the others chose GCI trains, but there was no GCI at all in this coaster. I just don't really know what to say about the trackwork. I did like that you tried some custom supports, but the structure was missing them on turns that needed them.

Score- 6.0

A: I was really confused by this area too. The ride started off really slow, with an uneventful drop and forceless turns and hills. It started to pick up in the second half but at the same time the ride started to get really strange in shape which killed the adrenaline for me. I will give you some kudos for some strong air though, there's nothing wrong with that.

Score- 7.0

O: Once again nothing really stood out here. It was just alot of turns and random hills. Randomness isn't a good thing in this medium! The layout didn't really make sense after the hills parallel to the lift in conjunction with the template. There wasn't any interaction except for a cross over with the parking lot.

Score- 6.5

Total: 6.5

-------------------------------------------

Craptastic Coaster ????????? CoasterkidMWM

T: It was good and bad. I really liked the beginning sequence, but the tech got a little iffy and less GCI-like during the middle half of the ride. The ending was good however. Also, the drop shaping was a little awkward, but was done better than the drop on coreyml?????????s coaster. The forces were all in check, so that's good. You didn't really do custom supports, but I did like the look of the prefabs and the support bridges over the paths looked cool. Lastly, the brakes at the end of the coaster were weird.

Score- 7.0

A: Wow, that coaster was FAST! From the time the ride left the lift to the brake impact (which was fast, too) the train showed no signs of slowing down. The density of the supports helped increase the rush created by the feeling of speed. However, with all of that speed, I thought the forces would be a little more exciting. There wasn't much airtime to speak of. Interaction was ok, but would have been 10x better if you would have placed rides. I really liked the placement of the brake run though, that was a cool visual.

Score- 8.25

O: Your best area. The layout reminded me of Ozark Wildcat a lot, but was definitely new and fresh. I didn't really care for some of the elements though, which is why I can't give you about a 9. The 2nd turnaround and following hill were let downs for me, as well as the basically flat section after the first turnaround. Other than that, pretty good job. You just needed more park interaction.

Score- 8.75

Total: 8.0

---------------------------------

Neverland ????????? Alton

T: Honestly, I don't get it?????????the track just felt extremely weird to me. Unless you are building an Intamin woodie, I would never use this method again. FVD creates the shaping it does based on the banking you ?????????tell????????? it. When you change the banking, the shaping changes, but because of the method you chose, only the banking changed, and not the shape. That created a lot of awkward moments in shaping and banking. Don't get me wrong, it was extremely smooth and the forces were just fine, but it's not what I like for in a wooden coaster.

Score- 7.5

A: Excellent. It's very fast, has a ton of airtime, and was a TON of fun. The custom support work made for awesome interaction, which made up for the absence of the other rides in the park. You left plenty of room for them and other possible attractions too, which was really good. Couldn?????????t have done it much better.

Score- 9.75

O: Even better then the adrenaline. I absolutely loved the layout here. The drop was pretty cool, I loved the symmetry of the two sets of double hills with the helices in the middle. You put the icing on the cake with the last section wraping around the drop structure and a VERY fast ending. Amazing.

Score- 10

Total: 9.08

-------------------------------------

Ion ????????? Eelover2

T: The trackwork was very funky on this one. Generally speaking the ride was smooth but the track was very ?????????wobbly????????? and a had a few jerks here and there. My biggest issue was in the transitions, which were awkward. Some were flowing but others were really quick and uncomfortable. G?????????s were in check, and all you did for supports was prefabs, so no extra points here.

Score- 6

A: Your best section by a long shot. A majority of the coaster was low so the pacing was kept up pretty good. Airtime was a plenty and there were some strong laterals. I liked that the drop was very steep and the helix at the end was a nice surprise after the random hills and turns. However I can't give you a near perfect score because of the interaction?????????there really wasn't any at all.

Score- 8.5

O: Really weird, man, really weird. The biggest thing I hate in a NL coaster is when the layout seems really random?????????and that's what this coaster was for me. It just twisted and turned in random places that didn't necessarily seem fitting?????????I would have liked to see more stacked track like you had at the end with the helix?????????it was your saving grace.

Score- 7

Total: 7.17

------------------------------------------

Fulguration ????????? Coreyml

T: Sorry man, but it just seemed like another slapped together handbuilt coaster. Based on my rides it seems like not much time was spent paying attention to shaping?????????I wasn't feeling it. The track made weird side to side movements all over the place and there were a lot of nodes that I could feel while simming. Once again forces were in check, and no extra support work was done.

Score- 5

A: Well?????????I actually liked your coaster in this aspect. It had a lot of cool hills and turns that you don't often see. If you couldn't tell I'm an airtime junkie, and this ride delivered in that department. If it wasn't for the awkward track shaping that distracted me, I might have enjoyed the coaster a bit more. Also, you failed to add any interaction with the park.

Score- 7.5

O: Just like EElover2?????????s coaster, I felt like the ride was pretty random. There didn't seem to be any designed layout, which means you just added nodes as you went along whichever way. The layout from the editor?????????s top view isn't very pretty. The plus here is that you managed to fit most of the coaster in a pretty small area, so good job on that.

Score- 7

Total: 6.5

--------------------------------------

The Odyssey ????????? CoasterStreak

T: The shaping was pretty weird in various places, but it was pretty smooth. What saved you in this section was the support work. I really enjoyed the little extra touches you put on the supports, it really helps the coaster greatly in my eyes. Forces were in check, ect., not much more for me to comment here.

Score- 8

A: Pretty solid. I didn't like the first sequence after the lifthill, as there was no large drop?????????which every coaster needs in my opinion. After the slow lift, the riders are itching for some speed. Luckily that came later and your ride did a pretty good job with it. I loved riding through the support tunnel provided by the lift and the sorta triple down element within. Another favorite was the GG-like double up later in the ride. My only other complaint is the park interaction?????????it's not there.

Score- 8.5

O: Really good and really bad. I really liked the layout for the most part, as you had some stacked track sections and a good looking top layout view. What I didn't like was the forest the coaster was located in. The theme is supposed to be similar to a boardwalk style park like Indiana Beech or something like Clementon Lake?????????there can't be any interaction with other rides if trees occupy all of the available space, which isn't much to begin with.

Score- 7.5

Total: 8

----------------------------

Final Results:
1.Kevin Brennan
2.Alton
3.Tracksix
4.Coasterkidmwm
4.CoasterStreak
6.Hyyyper
6.EElover2
8.Coreyml
8.Anac0nda
10.Guitfiddle
11.Jer

Post July 22nd, 2008, 12:16 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post July 22nd, 2008, 8:05 am

You guys can thank hyyyper for motivating me to do these!

Post July 25th, 2008, 8:39 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Ooooh, thanks for the rate, when do we get slappin points? lol

Post July 25th, 2008, 8:46 am

Post July 25th, 2008, 9:31 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Haha, and people thought my month long ratings for SCCC were bad. [lol]

Previous

Return to Contests