Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Quake - Teaser/Preview Video 5/4/09

Quake - Teaser/Preview Video 5/4/09

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 27th, 2009, 3:09 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
Last edited by A7 on May 4th, 2009, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 27th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Wow man I love that layout, it looks kind of bad in terms of capacity but ehh who cares. Looking forward to this now!

Post February 27th, 2009, 4:09 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

what lewis said + it looks like a really good ride. can't wait to see it.

on a seperate note, how do you take pics inside the editor? i'd like to know
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post February 27th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
print screen. simple, what i do anyway :S
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post February 27th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
how long is your launch? unless its at an angle, thats tiny!
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 27th, 2009, 5:58 pm

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

Launch could from the station, or it's just a very fast launch

Post February 28th, 2009, 7:59 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post February 28th, 2009, 10:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

That's a sexyass green yo, love the banked airhill, but I already know someone who won't lol.

Post February 28th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by asaaa

how long is your launch? unless its at an angle, thats tiny!

Has to be be at an agle, ties are too close together for it to be straight on.

Post March 1st, 2009, 2:00 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks for some of the positive comments guys, really appreciate it. I've spent quite a while trying to improve from my past coasters. I have to say, this coaster does not have flawless glass smooth track-work but it is close enough in my opinion. I can personally see the improvement over Betrayal/Machiavellian.

As far as capacity goes..
I am not positive how long the coaster is time wise, but I would assume roughly 1 minute from launch to brake. There will be two 5-car trains. So you could assume that Quake will have a capacity roughly around 1200 riders per hour. For a more general idea of that number, it is very close to Xcelerator capacity wise.

As far as the launch goes..
The train will be launched straight out of the station at a heart-stopping 2g's. Accelerating the train from 0 to 80 mph in just 1.8 seconds! The station is 50 feet in length, while the transport track is 100 feet in length. The train hits 80 mph with a reasonable amount of extra track space to spare.

Before I start working on supports/3ds, speak up if you have an urge to test Quake for track-work related issues. I am looking for one or more people to test and give track-work related constructive criticism. If you are interested, send me a PM.

Post March 1st, 2009, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

^ Your capacity estimate is a little high... Millennium Force's MAX capacity is 1300 people. Since your ride time is about 1 minute the capacity is about 1200 or less riders per hour.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post March 1st, 2009, 2:47 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oh, sorry your right. Quick calculation in my head, doubled it for some odd reason. I was probably thinking because there is two trains I should double it but that doesn't really make sense at all. Your right, roughly 1200 riders per hour.

--edit--

The Xcelerator comparison is still valid though. Not sure why I doubled that statistic to. Xcelerator has a maximum of 1330 riders per our according to the roller coaster database. So slightly higher than what to expect from Quake.

Post March 4th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Post March 5th, 2009, 4:00 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

First round of testing has finished. It will be tested once more before it is released. I have already started on 3ds, and support work will begin soon. I'll be able to get roughly 50% of supports done with ASG, while the other 50% will be done by hand. I have a few amazing ideas that I will try to work out theme/scenery wise. I may not be able to do some of them though as I am still fairly new to Sketchup and Autodesk.

--edit--

Update on 3DS.. Station is pretty much finished, along with the line now as well. The line is fairly unique, it is enclosed in a building and has two floors. That same building has a tunnel embedded in it which the train will launch through. People in line get to watch the train speed off just a few feet above their heads through a strip of glass in the ceiling. More 3DS to come, I have many cool ideas to work off of.

Post March 9th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2009, 9:00 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

After some final tweaks to the layout, track-work is finally and officially complete. My absolute best work to date.

Post March 26th, 2009, 4:48 am

The helix looks a lot better than before, good job. (By that I mean how the entrance was a bit awkward because of the layout and there was a miniscule G spike to about .5)

Post March 26th, 2009, 8:31 am

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

you called it Quake and it's not themed to the game? blasphemy.

looks good though. just deep down i wish that first hill after the launch had a little something extra in it...

Post March 26th, 2009, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Originally posted by Supercell

there was a miniscule G spike to about .5

[lol] 0.5 G's!!! that's way to much.

Post March 26th, 2009, 3:52 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

To SuperCell: Thanks, I've actually re-shaped that little transition quite a bit and it achieve's 0G's now.

To ZOOZ3R: I was not intending to theme it like the game Quake. I was actually kind of thinking of an earth-quake.

Post March 26th, 2009, 10:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post March 26th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Oh, another note the brake run setup looks much more realistic.

Post March 27th, 2009, 12:10 am

Points on hand: 3,535.00 Points
This is looking REALLY good :)
Looking forward to it.
-Tony.

Post March 27th, 2009, 12:33 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by krazyt

This is looking REALLY good :)
Looking forward to it.

Thank you.
----------------
Another update will probably not occur for another couple weeks or so. Supports should not take as long as it usually takes for me as ASG will be able to get a few areas done fairly quickly. However, There is still a ton of areas I will be custom supporting. Currently looking through a bunch of Intamin photos trying to figure out what style I want to go with. Any one have any ideas on what style I should try to replicate? If not I will just go with what ever I think looks cool.

For the majority of the layout I'm thinking something like this.. http://www.rcdb.com/ig1574.htm?picture=38 I can not think of anything Intamin like though for the first hill.

--edit/update--

ASG had much more issues than I thought. It is just a beta though, and it was still somewhat useful in areas that were low to the ground. Lots of custom support work has been done, and more to come. Much more 3ds to come as well, as soon as supports are finished. I would say another 3 weeks till supports are done, but I have no idea about 3ds. I have a lot of cool ideas, I just hope I can make them work.

--edit/update--

Supports are still in progress, a very long and boring process.. One more update is coming, but not for a long time. I figured I would give you guys a teaser/preview video out of sheer boredom. So, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/dnmcoh

Return to Hard Hat Area