Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Random Intamin(ish) Giga

Random Intamin(ish) Giga

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 26th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 155.00 Points

been playing around with Newton2 and I'm gonna committ myself to actually making this one. Mainly cos I love the airtime hill after the main drop, and I've got some scenery ideas for it, even if I can't do anything in 3DS.

Not really going for Ultra-accuracy on the intamin front, gonna go for realism, but I don't really care if the shaping is 100% intamin or not.

Post October 26th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post October 26th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Cos that's where I'm intending to put the ground plane - note the station is about 20m off the ground

Post October 27th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,680.00 Points

Post October 27th, 2009, 9:02 pm

cos once I finish fiddling with the scenery, the airtime hill will descend underground. I'm raising the ground to the station height later, once I've finished the track building.

Post October 28th, 2009, 6:14 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

How do people not see what blythy is trying to do!?

He just hasn't terraformed yet, that is all. The drop pulls up where it does, because that's where the ground will be!

Post October 29th, 2009, 11:21 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The power of observation isn't being taught in American schools anymore. I can tell this when I'm helping out in geology labs and people can't find the centimeter side of the ruler.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 29th, 2009, 5:19 pm

Some more screenshots. Daft name at the moment is "EisBlitz". Design is an out and back with lots of speed and airtime. I've love up the second "half" after the MCBR which is basically two bunny hops, but at that time, I was getting bored of newton and was concerned about getting it back to the station, which is damn tricky.

One problem I'm having at the moment is the tunnel "walls" that you hit as you enter the underground sections. Anyone know how to remove those?

first drop and airtime hill into tunnel

"Wierd S turn"

turnaround

daft final section

Post October 29th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Originally posted by ArapahoeGOALIE07

Why don't you put the station on the ground?

Really? Really!?!? All you had to do to answer that question was look at the post RIGHT above yours. He's going to raise the ground plane to where the station is, and the second hill is going to dip underground. Jeez, it's not that hard.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post October 29th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points

Post November 1st, 2009, 12:55 pm

christ, support work is so damn boring! I've got no idea how to support the drop properly, given that I've gone for a "B&M" style support structure. (I couldn't give a crap about authenicness, so long as it's "realistic") (note, the lift hill ones, I've done properly, I'm busy working on the rest of the ones.)

there, people might have a look for once.

Post November 1st, 2009, 1:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
lol if you're going to put that little effort into supports, you might as well just go with prefabs.

Post November 1st, 2009, 1:55 pm

Post November 1st, 2009, 2:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
no you should always post, but before you do, put more effort into those supports. look at support structures like millennium force's, and maybe expedition geforce's. he's not trying to say your ride is crap, he (just as much as everyone else) wants to see more effort. Supports are boring, trust me i know, but the end result of having good supports adds soooo much to a ride. just take the time, and effort.

Post November 1st, 2009, 2:33 pm

This is the effort I'm putting into them already. Hence my comment "I've done the lift hill ones properly"

Post November 1st, 2009, 2:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
those look a little better. are you flanging those by yourself? you know there's an auto flanger? Anyways, they're still a little b&mish, but i guess it doesn't matter, because you described the ride as intamin(ish)

Post November 1st, 2009, 2:44 pm

Yeah, I'm making them by myself. I've got a mac so most of these tools don't work. (although I used newton2 on bootcamp, I don't have a windows copy of NL with me)

Return to Hard Hat Area