Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 RCT2 Crash Bug

RCT2 Crash Bug

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post March 10th, 2012, 11:13 am

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
I'm just wondering if anyone else has found this bug:

I'll start building a dueling wooden coaster, and I'll be most of the way through with testing it when I want to change something. Upon re-testing the track with the new changes, the game always crashes.

I run on Windows 7, and this probably has something to do with it. Does anyone else have this problem?
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post March 10th, 2012, 6:37 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Hmm. I try to replicate your problem but I havent had that issue. Whats you PC's specs if you dont mind?

Post March 10th, 2012, 8:23 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Are you running in compatibility mode of a previous windows version or have you managed to magically run it without any of that?

I occasionally have issues with cable lift hills for some reason creating crashes due to windows 7 so anything goes really lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 10th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Tetsu: Truthfully, I have absolutely no idea about any of the specs [lol] I'd have to ask my dad about that, because he bought the computer.

CK: I've never used any compatibility mode with RCT2 in the past, so I'm really not sure. I've never had problems with cable lift hills before, though. Only racing wooden coasters.

Post March 11th, 2012, 3:21 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
What's the make and model of your computer? (full model number, please)

Post March 11th, 2012, 8:53 pm

It's a Dell Intel Quad Core i7 something-something [lol]. That's really all I know about it. I guess it's a little sad when I know more about Minecraft computers.

Post March 11th, 2012, 10:00 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
If you have a core i7, you should have at least 6 GB of RAM. This sounds like a very specific software issue. Have you tried opening RTC "as administrator"?

Post March 11th, 2012, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by NightwindElf

If you have a core i7, you should have at least 6 GB of RAM. This sounds like a very specific software issue. Have you tried opening RTC "as administrator"?

First of all, you don't need a core i7 - no matter the generation - to have 6 GB of RAM, and vice versa.

Second, if you have a shortcut on your desktop or know where the autorun executable file is located, follow these steps exactly:

1 - Right click and select properties. it should be near the bottom.
2 - Click on the "Compatibility" tab at the top
3 - check "run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP service pack 3"
4 - Hit apply in the bottom right, exit the window, and enjoy :D
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post March 12th, 2012, 6:30 pm

NIghtwindElf: Yep, tried it. Same problem. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times.

JCoasters: Already tried it. Same thing.

EDIT: Okay, I am really excited right now. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game (for about the fifth time) and it finally worked. I replicated basically the same racing coaster tracks as I had been making, and it worked. I'm not sure if it was a combination of a compatibility pack and resetting the options or what, but it works. Thanks for trying to help me out everyone!

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3