Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 RCT2

RCT2

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post July 5th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
I know there are lots of people out there who still play RCT2, but I wanted to know how many there really are on here. Also, if you do play, do you have any ideas for a cool contest or battle?
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post July 5th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I actually just got into it again recently and am making my first park ever right now, but I've been wondering the same thing. Getting a contest going would be pretty awesome.

Post July 5th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I enjoy RCT2 a lot! It would be fun to do a contest!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post July 5th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
I`m really into RCT2 but I think you`re in the wrong community here.I`m registerd on NE,an site dedicated to RCT2 and RCTLL.They are the pros,and as soon I`ll release some of my work,I`ll may share it with this site.
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post July 5th, 2011, 10:18 pm

LOEA: I'm also registered on NE (as of like, yesterday lol), and I love it. I'd love to see some of your work. What's your username?

EDIT: What exactly is RCTLL? Is it just a modded version of RCT2?

Post July 5th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points

Post July 6th, 2011, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I have been playing RCT since the first one came out over 10 years ago, I used to play RCT3 but got tired of all the glitches and how slow it runs when you get a decent sized park going.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post July 6th, 2011, 6:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I have both RCTLL and RCT2 on my laptop. I quite often drop onto RCT2 when I'm bored and build a little track with good themeing, but never anything particularly large in scale.

RCTLL however, has much much much better levels and objectives than RCT2 (and lots MORE of them), which makes for a much funner game to play when I'm in the mood for genuinely sitting a playing the game.

Post July 6th, 2011, 10:12 am

Originally posted by spacemountainfan619

I have been playing RCT since the first one came out over 10 years ago, I used to play RCT3 but got tired of all the glitches and how slow it runs when you get a decent sized park going.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of RCT3. The 3D effects are kinda lame. After some of the things I've heard and seen on NE, I might have to try RCTLL.

Post July 6th, 2011, 11:20 am

Well my name on NE is same as here,Live on earths ass and I have shown some of my projects n my official constuction thread,just look up on my profile.My flagship project was Genfer G?????????rten,however I haven`t touched it in months as I was kinda stuck.But recently I got to play the old scenarios again,very funny...
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post July 6th, 2011, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
My good friend fraroc is a member of NE. I personally think his work with RCT3 is good, but he needs to realize that they nitpick just as much as the NL designers. His recent work is an improvement from his early stuff, but he needs to work on details.

Post July 6th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Louis from NE built a 6 coaster dueler that's extremely cool and worth seeking out; named Six Shooter.

NE is great if you want to look at previous tournaments like the one where you had to build a park in a 15x15 space.

Post July 6th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Originally posted by Mad-man 5

Louis from NE built a 6 coaster dueler that's extremely cool and worth seeking out; named Six Shooter.

NE is great if you want to look at previous tournaments like the one where you had to build a park in a 15x15 space.

Holy **** that was a contest!? That's insane. You would have to make a building like the space needle and put rides around it.

Post July 6th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Points on hand: 914.00 Points
I'm also a member at NE. Over there I'm known as Pacificoaster. There has been talk about a bridge contest that sounds very intriguing. Check out that and my thread for my current project "Starpointe."

Post July 6th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Jup,those are the micro contests,haven`t seen them in a while,but I must say that Frarocs work in RCT3 is terrible,just coasters with some walls thrown in,and I can understand members nitpicking.If you`re on NE keep an eye on nin,Belgian Guy,robbie92,Kumba and most specifically KONG.These are my parkmakers and I can tell you,they are so damn good,I envy them.

Post July 6th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Yeah, I've seen some of their work. I was looking at Kumba's work in the Micro Madness contest. Belgian Guy also has some awesome stuff out there.

Also, I posted a poll asking people about what kind of a contest they would like to see. It's titled RCT2 contest.

Post July 10th, 2011, 4:55 pm

Well,I thought to share a link to my official advertisement topic on NE:
http://www.nedesigns.com/topic/23259/lo ... ntry522323
And this:
http://www.nedesigns.com/topic/23545/po ... ept/?st-30
yay

Post January 11th, 2012, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 413.00 Points
Hi, i used to love rct2 but then i got a new lap top and didnt play for a couple of years i have AT LAST installed it and i found that i love it just as much as i always have [:D]

Post January 11th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Well you guys had better hang around for a little while! Pretty soon I'm going to be finding a co-host for this year's RCT2 contest.

Post January 12th, 2012, 2:04 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
lol, KKK, it's going to be a little bit different in future contests. The recent one was a prototype. There won't be a RCT2 contest again until roughly June/July like before.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post January 12th, 2012, 4:06 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Post January 12th, 2012, 6:40 pm

^^Well of course it's going to be different. But, if we're holding a contest in June/July we're going to need to start making the park and plans in about the next month or so. We'll have to chat on Skype or AIM or something.

^I really enjoyed last year's, and not much is going to change in the way of building and experience for contestants. Really, it's going to be different in rules, regulations, set-up, and everything that contestants shouldn't need to worry about.

Post April 8th, 2012, 12:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
I play both. I have both expansions for RCT1 and vanilla RCT2. I prefer the missions in one, but the free form of RCT2. RCT3 was just plain awful.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post April 8th, 2012, 7:01 pm

Points on hand: 576.00 Points
RCT2 had its perks, manly tears were shed every time the whole park was clapping at the end of the last campaign objective - I quite like trying to beat a certain time (years) on the objectives which don't have a set date to them, of which sadly there are very few as I recall (my laptop says it's too good for RCT2, laptop's a stuck up b****)

Post April 9th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
I'd love to post some RCT2 stuff, but it won't install on my comp because the registry says it's still installed. Any way to fix it?
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3