Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Reason Rally in DC - Anyone going?

Reason Rally in DC - Anyone going?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 15th, 2012, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Thought I'd post this here for the hell of it - if you're interested you've probably already heard of it and if you're not, you probably don't want to hear about it but I suppose there's always those few people.

Anyway, [url=reasonrally.org]The Reason Rally[/url] is next weekend in DC, and is being billed as "the largest gathering of secular humanists in history". Dawkins is speaking, among others, and it should be pretty cool. My dad and I are making the trip down, and I was just wondering if any of you all were planning on checking it out. It'd be cool to actually meet some of you folks in person, and especially at such a nifty event.

Post March 15th, 2012, 1:51 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Wasn't there already a topic about this?

I would go if I had the means to but I can't.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 15th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Yeah, I made a topic on this a while back. It turned into OMG STUPID CHRISTIANS. But yes, I am going.

Edit: http://coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26901

That's the topic I made.

Post March 15th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Oh, that's right. I searched "reason rally" and failed to find any results with "reason rally" in the title, and from what I remembered there wasn't anything about the reason rally in that other thread. I guess that's because it...well, turned into OMG STUPID CHRISTIANS lol

Post March 16th, 2012, 3:05 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

yeah but... Christians are stupid. [lol]

Anyway, good luck with that, I can fully understand why secular folk would want to all get together in such a religiously opressed country. It would be cool to go there for me too, but it's a bit far away for me...

Post March 17th, 2012, 8:51 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by gouldy
I can fully understand why secular folk would want to all get together in such a religiously opressed country.

It's not so bad if you're in most cities and such, it's just when you start getting into rural areas where everything goes completely to poop. The Bible Belt is obviously terrible for the most part but some states like Indiana (This state had the strongest KKK presence) and especially Utah now can be loaded with derp.

I get annoyed when the paleo people here have to call campus police because the jesus people are physically breaking into the paleo room to leave anti-evolution packets all around the room and stupid poop in general like that.

EDIT:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... ic-schools

Quite impressed with the Utah governor for standing up against this forced religious garbage.

Post March 17th, 2012, 1:52 pm

I didn't think it was possible, but hey - look at that, an intelligent person in Utah.

Post March 17th, 2012, 3:52 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post March 17th, 2012, 4:28 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by jayman

no, i dont attend religious events

I see what you did there

Post March 17th, 2012, 6:55 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by jayman

no, i dont attend religious events

[lol] This is, indeed, religious behaviour. But, given that it is the US, I think you can forgive the secular community for wanting to assemble in such a fashion.

It's not as if the secular community has ANY power in the US, which is ridiculous for such a developed country, but unfortunately somehow true. So, I can understand their want for an assemblance of this nature.

Post March 17th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Back on topic here, the rally is projected to be 30,000+ strong. I highly doubt you'll be able to find anyone in particular from this site. Seeing as how I'm the only other one that's going (or said they're going, for that matter).

Return to Off Topic Discussion