Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Recreations you would like to see on Nl2

Recreations you would like to see on Nl2

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post September 16th, 2014, 6:57 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
A recreation of Helix or T Express would be great!
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post September 16th, 2014, 8:23 am
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Wow I am actually pleased to see all of the unique and different ride styles for each member. It's very awesome to see and hear from each of ya'll on what you all would like to see! I thought of another recreation and to do this it could be like a community project. To get everyone (who wants to be a part of it) to help each other and recreate an entire theme park! Such as Cedar Point, BGW, Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Etc. It would be amazing to see everyone working together to recreate a project of that scale.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post September 16th, 2014, 9:29 am

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

I couldn't do any .3ds or scripting but I'd definitely help out with the coasters!

Post September 16th, 2014, 10:04 am
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
It would be nice to see happen. But I don't know where I could help out.

Post September 16th, 2014, 1:16 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

For me, trackwork and nothing else XD. Maybe environments though
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post September 16th, 2014, 1:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
I would like to see a nemesis recreation, The ride and surrounding area is so immersive. With full terrain and scenery it would be incredible. Maybe David Ainsworth might end up doing it.

Post September 16th, 2014, 2:10 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
On NLE Coaster-inc is working on it in RCT3 along with Air and will transfer it to NL2 also.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post September 16th, 2014, 9:19 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Amazing ideas, but I hope just 1 becomes reality.
Cedar Point. That is all.

Post September 16th, 2014, 9:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

How would it work though? My computer would not be able to handle a project of that scale. Maybe people design specific rides and then get added in by someone with a good enough computer?

Post September 16th, 2014, 9:36 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It's tough...
Your computer would be able to handle that magnitude of stuff in the Editor and not the sim, and with all the settings at the lowest setting I bet.
In addition, compiling the work would probable be like Track Tennis.
One person works on it at a time so that you don't have file overwrites and mix ups and scenery issues and bleh.
Would be tough, but doable.

Post September 16th, 2014, 9:52 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

IF it ever did happen then the person who would release it would have to release it into several areas of the park at a time. I think it would be an amazing project and everyone who would be involved can come together and it would just be nice to see something on such a big scale like that to happen. :)

Post September 17th, 2014, 4:06 am

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
I imagine one way to do a big recreation would be get one person with a powerful pc to act as the "hub" for the recreation, then all other people work on small bits of the recreation. They would then send their bits to the person with the powerful pc who would then just put it all together.

Post September 17th, 2014, 4:36 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Post September 17th, 2014, 10:13 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The old Rattler would be nice, but I don't think enough information exists to do it properly.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 17th, 2014, 11:54 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Everyone possibly interested in participating, please upload a dxdiag to here so we can see who has the most powerful computer to put this park together.
If you don't know how to get a dxdiag, click here to figure out how.

After you generate it, upload it to a site like dropbox and then paste the link here.

Post September 17th, 2014, 6:28 pm
TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
Blase Rhine wrote:
Wow I am actually pleased to see all of the unique and different ride styles for each member. It's very awesome to see and hear from each of ya'll on what you all would like to see! I thought of another recreation and to do this it could be like a community project. To get everyone (who wants to be a part of it) to help each other and recreate an entire theme park! Such as Cedar Point, BGW, Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Etc. It would be amazing to see everyone working together to recreate a project of that scale.

I would TOTALLY love to help with with something like that! I'm already making a whole park of my own, but it would be awesome to have something to recreate!
I certainly couldn't be the hub (YET, I am in the middle of piecing together a MONSTER machine) but I can definitely help with support scenery and tracks!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch367o7x9u9vq6n/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

Post September 19th, 2014, 8:13 am
Blase Rhine User avatar

If we get enough people to become a part of this and actually make it happen then I would definitely want to be a part of it. I could help with trackwork, basic scenery, support work, etc.

Post September 19th, 2014, 8:49 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

My BD will have the entire back half of the park and be highly detailed on anything visible from the ride and in the area around the station. Not the entire park, and I don't know if I'll have Wildcat be a working model yet or just supports, but the entire thing should be pretty well detailed.

Post September 19th, 2014, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
If you're gonna have supports, you might as well have Wildcat be a working model. Why not?

Post September 19th, 2014, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Multiple rides seem to be pretty detrimental to performance and that ones far enough away where I can get away with a simple static model in favor of a more detailed area immediately surrounding the ride. I also don't want to go to the level of effort I'm putting into BD to have as good/accurate trackwotk.

Speaking of this I don't think I've updated my thread over here in a while (pretty sure it was just 3d models at that point), so maybe I'll do that tonight. I have a pretty decent trackwotk method down and I'm out to drop 5/curve 8 which I hope to make some progress on on this weekend. To anyone not familiar with the ride or following on the other site, that means I'm about 1/4 into the track and it's very accurate so far.

Post September 19th, 2014, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points

Post September 19th, 2014, 12:16 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
It would be nice to see come together. I would like to help, but I am not that good with the editor, as I have not had the time to actually sit down and learn how to use it.

Post September 20th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Points on hand: 907.00 Points
1. Big Bad Wolf - BGW

I'm actually working on realistic BGW recreations as we speak. I'll be doing several versions throughout the history of the park. The first year I'm doing is 1992, I'll post some screenshots soon of the progress!

I worked on on all three BGW arrows, as well as Alpengeist, so I'm trying to make them as detailed as possible. I've toyed with contacting the director of marketing to see if they would be ok giving me permissions to use a few trademarked items and access to some of their publicity photos/videos from the 90s to aid in this.

If anyone out there is very good with 3d modeling and wants to work with me, I would be THRILLED to have a nicer model of the Drachenfire trains than the b-list abominations I've made so far. I have a friend with some 400 odd pictures of Drachenfire's last season and being dismantled that I'm trying to get a hold of, and I actually have MANY pictures of Wolf that I took from inside the ride area (which I sadly cannot release due to an NDA I'm likely still under) to aid with making sure the recreations are as authentic as possible without blueprints.

Once I get a good foundation I'll move on to 1997, 1999, 2007, 1984, 1978, 2011, 2015 in that order! Hopefully by the time I get to the 2011 one, there will be an update that makes Verbolten easier to do, and I still have my fingers crossed for an update which allows for the "siderail" arrow track transfer table to make Loch Ness/Drachenfire a bit more realistic, because the scripting has proven to be a colossal pain in the ass so far.

Post September 20th, 2014, 1:50 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Helix
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post September 22nd, 2014, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 469.00 Points
Flight Of Fear. It would be insane if someone could nail it dead on with the full queue, building, and effects and stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2