Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Requesting Texture Help

Requesting Texture Help

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post November 22nd, 2015, 8:52 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

I need a texture for sketchup of the above, but I cannot even begin to find a head on picture nor do I know how to make it transparent between the groves. That industrial style flooring is used on Rougarou, Raptor, prisons, and the CP employee dorms at a minimum and I'm sure you can find it elsewhere. This thread is my last ditch effort before I use something else and just explain the error in a description. Any help would be appreciated and reward with a billion internet points, ride ratings, whatever. If scaling matters, the rectangular holes are just large enough to allow an iPhone in a case to fall through and hilarious splash into the water below while a sausage-fingers gets enraged about it.

The texture does not need to be shiny or anything, and it needs to be the following color (I can probably colorize it myself but here goes)
R: 255
G: 55
B: 55

Unfortunately the station I'm trying to recreate has grated stairs on the entrance and exit, and random sections of the station have grated flooring at odd angles for no reason.

Thank you if anyone is able to help.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 22nd, 2015, 10:05 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
We've been specifying this stuff on a lot of designs that have recently been built at work so I'll check the server tomorrow and see if I can dig up any as built pictures that are of any use.

I can help you on the "transparent between the groves" part as I used a similar effect on the chain link fences! I haven't the time to write up a small tutorial right this moment though.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post November 22nd, 2015, 10:13 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thank you! Any help is appreciated.

Post November 23rd, 2015, 4:36 pm
mkingy User avatar

Didn't get chance to check out most of our images unfortunately. However I did look into my texture files for the chain link fence and it's surprisingly simple!

You basically need to create a transparent background in GIMP or similar and export it as a filetype that supports transparency (GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and JPEG 2000 acording to wiki - I'd went with .png as it doesn't lose quality in compression but remains a reasonable sized file). I didn't use a NLMat file for my fence texture and it worked fine (exported from sketchup as a .dae). I've uploaded the fence texture for reference.

It's impossible to save transperency using normal MS paint but using GIMP or Irfanveiw if you wanted a more lightweight image manipulation tool you should be able to do it fairly easily, give me a shout if you have any queries however.
Attachments
Fencing_.png
fencing texture
Fencing_.png (9.3 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Coaster Count - 198

Post November 24th, 2015, 10:05 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'll give that a try and see how it works. I need a chainlink fence too so thanks.

Post November 24th, 2015, 11:52 am
mkingy User avatar

I think I still have my chainlink fence sketch up file if that would help?
Coaster Count - 198

Post November 24th, 2015, 12:53 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I wish I could get it a bit thicker so you can actually see the texture more than 2ft away from it.

Post November 25th, 2015, 11:38 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Fantastic to see the coaster in a wild run through the fence! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post November 25th, 2015, 12:35 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post November 27th, 2015, 3:31 am
mkingy User avatar

I'll have a go this weekend CK to get the mesh a bit thicker! Possibly just needs scaling a bit bigger but might be worth playing around with LOD settings to get it to look better.
Coaster Count - 198

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2