Board index Public Relations Contests [NL tournament] Results for round 1

[NL tournament] Results for round 1

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post March 9th, 2004, 1:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points

I known it's not fun to wait for results so I tried to simplify the ratings. However it looks like I sort of failed in doing that [lol]. So it took me some more time than I expected, also writing something like this in a foreign language doesn't make it easier. Anyway, the results are now done and round 2 is most likely to start tomorrow.
Note: The overall score is not an average of the other three catagory's, it is also affacted by my personal opinion and extra's on your ride.

All members who did submit a track for this round will be reserves in the next round.

Group 1: Whitewolf2759 vs. The Edge

Solar Flare ?????? Whitewolf2759
This was quite a nice track whitey, at the moment I am writing this I don??????t know which of these two tracks is going to win.
Technical this ride is quite good. All together there just was one major flaw on this ride, the turn thingy after the first drop. It??????s like starting a turn and then making a stengel dive at a speed like that. It really was awful. The ride was fast and smooth. I??????ve ridden it a few times and looking from the front to the back over the train while riding gives a good impression of how smooth a ride really is. This ride showed it really was smooth, only after the MCBR it had some weird bumps, sort of really fast vertical angle changes.
The supports were also nicely done. I do think it is kind of weird you only used tubes on the lifthill supports, next time consider making the crossties with H or L profile beams.

Adrenaline was again quite good, not really a super thriller but it was ok. The beginning of the ride was horrible also for the adrenaline, it would be a major head banger and the G??????s weren??????t nice on that part of the ride either. The ride??????s pacing was good, I really liked the flow after the MCBR, maybe it was just a bit much of the same, I think you should have thrown in a helix and some other elements, the pacing was still good thought and it really felt like a real hyper. So next time try using a bigger range of elements.

Originality wasn??????t a strong aspect of this ride. It was just a few turns and camelbacks the layout just wasn??????t really surprising like I said before. Not much more to say about it I think it just was average on this aspect.

Extra??????s: They were there, some 3ds and cartextures. The cartextures are nice but not stunning. They are a nice add-on though. The 3ds was cool for the tunnels but I really disliked the fact that it had no texture. Probably this was just a bit rushed but I know you can do way better than this. Putting a texture on would have been a small effort and would have made it look WAY better. With the addition of some terraforming and trees it would have been a nice touch.

Technical: 8
Adrenaline: 7
Originality: 6,5
Overall: 7,7

Aneurysm ?????? The Edge
I don??????t know what score I am going to give quite yet, but I think this ride was just a bit too close to the edge.
Technical: I??????ve read the comments on both rides, yours and whitey??????s. But while reading your comments I found something that I totally agree with.
Comment by Buster
\nThere were a lot of mistakes that could have easily be avoided.
- Track runs into ground several times
- Tunneltest fails ; Theres even a support running directly through the rail.
- extreme forces: -2.3G vertical and 2.0G lateral ; I consider this very painfull and unrealistic
- undersupported ; There are stretches of 65+meters (~200ft) without supports. And those stretches are valleys where the trains pull high Gs too. In real life the track would brake instantly.
-E-Stop fails (crash/death) ; due to the unneeded chain on top of the first tower.

So much for the technical aspect, all these details could have made this ride so much better. But as it is now, the ride is quite bad on technical aspect. Smoothness and all the work you put in the supports prevent you from getting a horrible score.

Adrenaline: I am sure this ride would have your adrenaline flowing at full rev from start to finish in real life. Maybe this was also caused by that fact that both tracks were too close to each other in many occasions. Keep in mind that it would be a bad thing if riders could reach for each other between the trains and would get stuck on the other train or rider in some way?????? That wouldn??????t be too pretty [:P]
Great work on the adrenaline, this makes up for most of the technical flaws.

Orignialty: The ride is pretty original and you threw in some wicked elements. The ride was just fun from start to finish but I??????ve seen tracks like this before. That does not mean you got a bad score in this category [;)]

Extra??????s: Some nice tunnels, the tunnels in the end looked really nice with the flanged supports they really gave the brakes a techy look. The tunnels right after that station were a bit ugly though because of the fact they hit the ground.
The environment looks really nice, nice sky, just gives a good touch to the ride.

Technical: 5
Adrenaline: 9
Originalty: 8
Overall: 8

Looks like The Edge is going to round 2. This really was tight if you just got rid of that strange turn after the first drop and maybe added a different elements, like a helix you would have won this one whitey??????

Group 2: Bino Maus vs. WeeWeeSlap

The Old Inca Curse ?????? Bino Maus
Wow, looks like you thought this round was called 3ds galore or something [:p] The 3ds you had looked nice but it really was a major hit on my FPS, more about that later.
Technical: On the technical aspect the ride is ok, it has quite some little flaws though. First of all the ride has some jerks and some pumping in the turns. The supports look pretty good and have a good coverage, so your ride will probably stay upright in real life. Your support structures look a bit rag though. The top is far too wide in most cases which makes them look weird. Next time maybe try recreating some real life supports from pictures.
There is another rather important faul. The timings are way off, when the rides makes it??????s second cycle around the track it is stopped on the top of the lift and on the MCBR, as you understand this really takes the thrill out. Next time make sure your timings are in check.

Adrenaline: The biggest problem of your ride is found here. The ride is turning left all the time, it only makes one right hand turn. This causes that the ride just has a horrible pacing and would be quite boring to ride. Also the feeling of speed really drops in the second part of the ride. When the track gets longer the elements have to get tighter to keep up the same feeling of speed and the same level of G??????s and thus intensity. So next time keep this in mind and make sure you get a good variation between right and left hand turns and elements.

Originality: A ride with just one right hand turn is pretty original, isn??????t it? [lol] But serious now, the theming makes this ride stand out a bit from the masses, but it does not feature any unique elements which make the track itself stand out from all the other hypers in the exchange. Let??????s say this track just misses the X-factor.

Extra??????s: Like I already said, the 3ds is a bit overdone. The 3ds does look good, but I think all those bushes are a major hit on the FPS and they don??????t really add anything to the ride experience. Next time just make custom NL trees so you won??????t have this problem. When making your 3ds try to keep the poly??????s down. There??????s no good advice I can give you on this issue because I **** (read: am not all that good) at 3ds.
Next time consider adding cartextures and an environment.

Technical: 6
Overall: 7

Swirl ?????? WeeWeeSlap
I like the icecream at Six Flags better than this ride?????? There??????s not really a good reason why I should give comments on this ride, because you already told me you know it??????s bad. You have enough experience to know why it??????s bad so it is useless to point all that out. I??????ll give it a shot though.

Technical: bah!
Adrenaline: meh
Originality: rrrrrrrrright
Extra??????s: where?

Technical: 4,5
Adrenaline: 6
Originality: 8
Overall: 5,5

Group 3: Coaster992001 vs. Tarzanman11514 vs. Montu

Champion - Coaster992001
Winning a tournament takes a bit more than just naming your ride champion [;)] However this ride is a lot better than I expected to see from you.
Technical: The ride has some flaws, on this aspect. First of all the supports, they really don??????t fit the hyper style and wobbly all over. They??????re not even straight, next time make sure you work with snap and maybe it is a smart thing if you check out my hyper support tutorial. I think the support are the biggest problem. There are some more minor issues though, like: The banking after the MCBR, track too close to the ground (first drop), unnecessary long MCBR, unnecessary long final brakerun and the gaps between supports vary to much.

Adrenaline: The adrenaline is pretty good, the track keeps up speed and the pacing feels good, although it gets a bit repetitive near the end. The first batwing sort of element was really nice. There was some nice airtime too and some fun (read: super dough and ugly) support add-ons. Don??????t wanna be rude but those support add-ons were really dumb. What do two support circles add to the thrill on the lift? Why don??????t you use the free onride photo section instead of these supports you can hardly see? Why do you make a tunnel effect on the slowest part of the ride? Keeps me wondering [:P]

Originality: One original element in it, but that??????s about it I guess. So just a little above average score here. Some extra??????s would have been a good way to add something to the score.

Extra??????s: Some (REALLY) dull support add-ons. Anyway, you did put effort in something extra so that??????s worth at least a bit of a + on the overall score

Technical: 6,5

Iris ?????? Tarzanman
Helix anyone?? It looks like you already found out this track wasn??????t going to be a winner, which is a shame of course. But I can??????t help it, this track just has some really weird problems.
Technical: First of all the major problems: The gap between the supports are way too big, there??????s no doubt about it this track would collapse as soon as the first train ran over it.
When I just look at the track it just looks like one enormous prefab, which wouldn??????t be a bad thing in theory, but the combination of elements was just plain boring. Most elements were way too big and while riding you were more like waiting until the next element. It was just too slow in many places. Next time when building a track make sure you keep testing it while building. So you build a few elements and then you go test it to see if the G??????s are in check and if it is fun, if not, you fix it, if it is all in check you continue building.
Then the ride has quite some little issues: The lift speed is pretty strange and it gets even stranger with the friction wheels, I doubt it would be possible in real life. The terrain; why is the entire track above the water? It doesn??????t add anything to the thrill, unless eating bugs at night is a thrill. Lot??????s of rough vertices, especially before the helixes. Friction wheel speed at MCBR is too high.
Next time try to be a bit more free in your moves. If you look at the top of the track it??????s just all 90 degree corners. If you look at tracks of more experienced designers you can see it??????s just a tangled bunch of track with hardly any 90 degree corners.

Adrenaline: Like I already told you in the technical bit, the ride is just way too slow and it takes out all the adrenaline.

Originality: Not really original either, no new elements, just another hyper. Just keep on building because I know you can do better than this.

Extra??????s: There should be a cartexture, but I haven??????t received it.

Technical: 4
Adrenaline: 5
Originality: 6
Overall: 5

White Knuckle ?????? Montu
I think I can start with congratulating you with your pass to round 2 [:)]. This was one of the better track I received for this round, that??????s for sure.
Technical: The technical aspect of this ride was good. The trackwork was nice in smooth all the time and the support work is superb, no huge gaps between them like on a lot of other tracks. There??????s just not much more to say I think, it??????s just good.

Adrenaline: The adrenaline was flowing all the time, although the track got a bit slower near the end. You could have tightened the last elements a bit to make it a somewhat more intense. I also feel that it could have been a bit longer, maybe adding some bunny hops and a helix would have given the ride a more completed feel.

Originality: The ride isn??????t really original, but it does stand out from the masses because of the fact that it is just a good track. There is one problem with this track. It is just good, nothing more, nothing less. Next time try to give your track that X-factor that makes it just a bit better than all the other tracks.

Extra??????s: Terraforming is the only extra thing on this one, it looks good, just gives the ride a nice touch.

Technical: 8
Adrenaline: 7,5
Originality: 7
Overall: 7,5

Group 4: Buster vs. Buster vs. Buster???

Competition really was tight in this group, when I started judging I truly had no clue who was going to win this one. Guess it is either Buster, Buster or Buster.

Infernal Force ?????? Buster
Technical: On the technical aspect this ride is nearly flawless. The only flaws are that some parts of the rides are hovering; the section between the lift and drop is too long to hover around. Also the banked turn under the lift has no supports?????? However, maybe it is floating on a magnetic field?????? The other flaw in my opinion is that some banking transitions are a bit too sudden which makes them feel rough.
Great work on the rest of the track tough, superb support work (although I think some places might not hold up, like the supports under the MCBR). When I was just looking down while on the lift I also started wondering why your supports were two tone. Later I started wondering why your supports were gradients?????? Then I found the trick, 3ds. The track was very smooth overall, nice layout, just perfect.

Adrenaline: What can I say, it was a rush. Great layout, with nice pacing and some good G??????s, maybe a bit high in places though. Let??????s just say this is not for the faint hearted.

Originality: There??????s plenty of it, some cool 3ds, wicked first drop and some other cool elements. This is a unique ride, a once in a lifetime experience (so far). Thus also a nice score on this aspect.

Extra??????s: Where??????s the environment? [:(!] Too bad you did not include an environment just to finish it of. However I doubt it would have added much to the ride, but it would have been little plus. Great 3ds work and a nice cartexture.

There??????s just one more thing?????? I wonder how you could make this in just two weeks?????? and can create a track in just one or two days?????? You could have had the luck to have a massive load of free time, or you had the luck you already started building a hyper quite a while ago?????? So much for my theory [:P]

Technical: 8,5
Adrenaline: 9
Originality: 9
Overall: 9

Group 5: Scarletfire vs. Screamomatic

Bertha ?????? Scarletfire
Nice track, but just a nice track. Nothing more, nothing less.
Technical: Your track was ??????just nice?????? on the technical aspect. It has a few flaws so let??????s go over them. First of all the supports were strange. The fact that you are attaching thick tubes to thin beams is quite impossible and besides that it doesn??????t look very good. Next time either make beam attachments to the main structure or build the main structure with tubes and only use the beams for crossties. This way you will either attach beams to beams, tubes to tubes or beams to tubes. There was another fairly odd thing with most of your supports. The connection between the main structure and the track, all your supports look like hammerheads or something. The tubes which are directly connected to the track are way to long, they just have to cover up the corner of the support tube they are attached to, they don??????t have to reach to the moon and back.
The track itself was pretty good, everything was in check and it was pretty smooth. Next time consider making the lift a bit faster when you build such a tall ride.

Adrenaline: ??????just nice?????? The adrenaline was ok, nothing special really. I don??????t think your pacing was really good. Especially near the end the ride got kind of boring. Since a ride loses speed during it??????s run you have to tighten up the elements near the end to keep the intensity at the same level as in the beginning of the ride. Also the end got a bit of repetitive since you kept making these sort of stengel dives and also two in the same direction made it feel boring. Try to keep a nice variation between left hand and right hand turning elements.

Originality: ??????just nice?????? here too, wasn??????t really original actually. The ride just had a high ??????been there done that?????? standard. It??????s just a ride like many others which causes a relatively low score here.

Extra??????s: none

Technical: 7
Adrenlaine 7
Originality: 5,5
Overall 6,5

Gollems Rage ?????? Screamomatic
I don??????t want to sound rude but this ride really is full of problems. Just from the look of it I could tell it wouldn??????t live up to Scarletfire??????s track.
Technical: Technical this ride was horrible to be honest. It starts with the launch thingy on top of the lift. It is quite unrealistic because it is bent, and it would be really hard (maybe impossible) to bend a LIM launch in real life, hence it has never been done. The next problem is right after it, the train is travelling at a 180 degree banking, upside down, for a too long period of time. This would really be a big discomfort for the riders and with just a gust of wind and the E-stop at the wrong moment it could easily stall upside down.
The next problem follows at the bottom of the drop, you told me it should be a water splash. You think a water splash at about 180 km/h is a good idea? Maybe just a water spray with some jet fountains would do it, but boosting trough the water wouldn??????t be a good idea. It would also slow the train down that far it wouldn??????t even make it up the next hill.
There??????s nothing really wrong with the rest of the track up to the brakes. The major problem on that part of the track and actually on the entire track are the supports.
The supports were just really horrible, you started of pretty good with the supports under the lifthill but it really became nasty near the top. I recommend you always use custom supports on heights above 15m. Because on any height above that must NL supports do not look realistic. Try to find a comparable ride in type and height if possible and recreate the supports to get the realism level everyone is looking for.

Adrenaline: The adrenaline wasn??????t too good either. The track was just slow in many places and the pacing was boring. You can just tell that by looking at the layout, most of the track is just going straight ahead. Try to keep up speed at all cost.

Originality: There just was nothing special to this ride, so your score also is nothing special. It actually is below special because in the time I??????ve been downloading rides from the web I??????ve really seen tons of rides almost exactly like yours in terms of layout and building technique.

Extra??????s: The editor says it can??????t find the scenery objects?????? apparently they are there but I don??????t have them, so no extra points for this.

Technical: 3,5
Originality: 5
Overall: 4,5

Group 6: Coasterke vs. cjd

Hi-end ?????? Coasterke
Hmmmm, ik zit er ff over na te denken of ik dit in het engels of nederlands ga typen. Word toch maar engels denk ik, dan begrijpt cjd het tenminste nog een beetje [:p]
Judging these two tracks was really hard, they were pretty much alike and it really was hard to decide which of the two was the best.
Technical: Your ride really was much better than I expected it to be in every aspect, thus also on the technical aspect. The supports really looked good, the hyper supports were really nice and realistic. Maybe a bit overdone though, some places could have been done with normal supports. Also your ??????normal?????? supports were kind of odd looking, because of the huge amount of crossties. Most real supports don??????t even have crossbeams at all and if they do, usually only one, maybe two in special occasions. Anyway, nothing wrong with having your own support style. The track itself was also nicely done, nice and smooth almost all the way. It did have a few jerks near the end though.
Also watch out with making tight turns, the turns in the end are that tight, the cars hit eachother. Also the hovering piece of track between both stations was sort of odd [:P]

Adrenaline: Adrenaline was good, also nicely done, it did got a bit repetitive though. Next time when building a hyper coaster maybe try throwing in some tight twists and turns, which can really help keeping up the thrill right to the end.

Originality: Nothing special really?????? I guess that is about all I have to say about it. You just got a decent score here since a good hyper coaster is not seen all that often.

Extra??????s: Cartexture looks ok, so a little bonus for them [:)]

Volgende keer net dat beetje extra zodat cjd de volgende keer in het stof zal happen [;)] oh, nog een ding, waar waren al die segmenten op de lift goed voor? ???????????n lift naar de launch toe was het ook wel mee gelukt denk ik?????? [lol]

Technical: 7,5
Adrenaline: 8
Overall 7,5

KAZAN ?????? cjd
First of all congratulations with passing to round 2. However it looks a bit like you thought this was going to be an easy round for you. It didn??????t really turn out that way because this one really was close. I think your track just had the edge on originality.
Technical: This track wasn??????t quite perfect on the technical aspect, it had quite a lot of small issues. The turn from the station to the lift was way too wide. The first vertex should be placed on the first station, you have to switch trains now to avoid a queue??????. The support structure on the first turn has transitions from beam to tube, this isn??????t quite possible unless the tubes are really small, but they are not. Never make beam to tube transitions. Track comes to close to the ground in some occastions. Supports are disturbed by terraforming and footers are smudged. Tunnel hits terrain. A few jerky spots (first drop for example)Those are all the small flaws which could have been easily prevented.

Adrenaline: This track sure had the adrenaline flowing, massive speeds, nice turns and lot??????s of airtime. The track got a bit repetitive near the end though, too many bunnyhops for my liking. Next time try to get a bit more variation in elements.

Originality: The first drop was cool and original, however I??????ve seen it before on other rides. The tunnel gaps in the terrain are a nice touch and it gives the feeling the tunnel does not spoil any of the fun. Finally tunnels placed on a segment where they do add to the thrill

Extra??????s: some terraforming but that is about it I guess, just a little plus.

Adrenaline: 8,5

Group 7: bockzilla vs. GRIM

Axe ?????? Bockzilla
I don??????t know if SFMM is a very windy place, but I??????m quite sure the winds there would be too strong for this one [:P]
Technical: Let me explain what I just said. The supports you placed look pretty good and it??????s funny to see that you have your very own supports style. Fact is though that the supports have no side supports which makes them unstable in strong winds. I??????m not really sure if this structure would stay upright, structures like yours have been used but never on a coaster as tall as yours so I think there is a good reason for it. But I think I won??????t take of points for that. Overall the supports look well built and thought about, the bridges over the river were a nice touch too.
The trackwork itself wasn??????t a marvel but it was good enough to win this round. It has quite some jerks in it but nothing too bad. Timings and E-stop seem to be in check. I haven??????t tunnel tested the ride but it seems to have some hits in a few places, I suggest you tunnel test your next ride.

Adrenaline: Adrenaline was there, you bet. The first part of the ride was full of it but it let go while the track was nearing the end. Maybe adding some bunny hops for some airtime and/or a tight helix would have helped keeping it up.

Originality: Like I said, you got your own person supports style and the first drop was one (read ten) of it??????s kind. A terraformed ride like this is not seen very often and you gave it some original touches, like the support extra??????s.

Extra??????s: Ugly [;)] cartexture and supports extra??????s.

Overall: 7,4

Chaos Theory ?????? GRIM
Too bad the section after the MCBR wasn??????t as much fun as the first section. If it would have been the same quality this track might have beaten bockzilla??????s.
Technical: The first part of the track is fun to ride but that doesn??????t mean there are technical problems just like in the second part of the ride. Here just a listing of things I??????ve spotted. The supports on the first drop should get wider near the bottom, this structure would be far to unstable in high winds. Use snap when building supports, the entire structure is all over the place. With snap on you can make sure the support nodes are located exactly above eachother. Gaps between supports are too big, track will collapse in real life. The track is jerky and slow in some parts. The supports would never hold up the giant loop, look at how loops are supported in real life. The arch can support itself but the rest of the track can??????t. The supports are way to thin to hold up the enormous weight and forces they have to sustain. You got backseat G spikes, on the bottom of the first drop and on the bunnyhop after the MCBR. E-stop fails, train stalls between the MCBR and the bunnyhop, second train crashes into it. The second part of the track is really bad, it is super rough and the elements are original but very weird and wouldn??????t be comfortable to ride in real life.
So much for the technical aspect of this ride. Oh, you did not obey lesson one of coaster building, always make brakeruns straight, which you didn??????t on the last brake connected to the station.

Adrenaline: The adrenaline was there in the first part of the coaster, but the second half was just plain boring and has a high ??????been there, done that?????? standard. It is just some twisting and although the moves are original, they feel way to unrealistic to be fun. The pacing is also way of on this right, it just does not flow well. Maybe you can read wws?????? article on pacing in the articles section, oh btw, the hyper supports tutorial might also be useful to read.

Originality: There is just one good thing about this track, originality. If you would just have executed your ideas better this would have been a very good track because it does feature some cool elements. Next time just really watch the supports, track smoothness and pacing and you??????ll be fine.

Extra??????s: Cartexture, you just smashed a picture on the .tga format and you can see that from the textures. You didn??????t even take the effort to fix the wheels [:P]. There also is some 3ds, however it doesn??????t add much to the ride experience, but it is a little plus.

Technical: 4,5
Originality: 7,5
Overall: 6

Group 8: Coasterkidmwm vs. thecool326 vs. Hansixx

Coasterkidmwm
I think you just had the bad luck you were in the same group as Hansixx?????? The track you submitted was a lot better than I expected but that might have been since I don??????t really know your work.
Technical: The track was really smooth for someone who has a relatively low amount of experience. I did have a few jerks near the end but I think it??????s useless to point them out. I guess you can find them yourself, riding the track from backseat can help you see rough spots. Actually there was one big problem, the track does not meet the contest requirements. In the rules you can read the track has to be 60m tall from the ground up, which it isn??????t. The track ??????only?????? measures 57m from the ground up. However this is just a small amount and the drop is over 60m so you got away with it. Next time make sure you carefully read the contest description.
It is for sure that this track was one of the more realistic tracks. The track just felt like it could really be built. It does have a few problems which keep it from being perfect on the realism aspect. The element line up after the first camelback is a bit weird and the pacing is a bit of when you make two overbanks in the same direction. Also work on your bankings some more, some are really overdone.
There are also some problems with the supports. First of all, all of them are a bit wobbly, if you check them out in the editor you can notices nodes which should be located exactly under each other or next to each other are out of place. When building supports make sure you got snap turned on. The hyper supports tutorial might help you learn understand the snap option which can improve the speed with which you can build supports.
Second thing wrong with the supports is that you seem to think it is no longer needed to place supports when the track comes close to the ground. You got this on at least two dips, haven??????t searched for more. These are the dips right after the camelback and the dip after the MCBR.
There dips which are too close to the ground, always keep 1m/1,5m ground clearance.
The third issue with the supports is the use of hyper supports, you could have done this height with normal supports, there??????s just no need to use the expensive hyper supports. A ride comparable to yours in height is Expedition GeForce and it does not use hyper supports.

Adrenaline: The adrenaline was pretty good on this ride, however not tending to be insane. The objective was to build a ride that would make MF a laugh and this one does not do that. So you just got a decent score for the adrenaline, maybe some tight twist or some original elements would have helped increasing this score.

Originality: The ride is fairly original since hypers are not often combined with terrain this well. It also features a unique layout which boosts your score on this aspect some more. However these two things are not enough to give you a really good score, because this ride is still a bit too much like many others.

Extra??????s: none

Adrenaline 7,5

Hyper Thread ?????? Thecool326
It??????s funny to see that your track has a lot of the same problems as Coasterkidmwm??????s. So I copied a few things from the comment on his track to the comments on your track.
Technical: Your trackwork is actually not as good as Coasterkidmwm??????s or Hansixx??????. Your track is really rough and I think you could have made it a lot better if you just put some more time into it. Next time just keep tinkering with the handle bars in 3d ride view until you got every vertex nearly perfect.
There are also problems with the supports. First of all, all of them are a bit wobbly, if you check them out in the editor you can notices nodes which should be located exactly under each other or next to each other are out of place. When building supports make sure you got snap turned on. The hyper supports tutorial might help you learn understand the snap option which can improve the speed with which you can build supports. The second issue with the supports is the use of hyper supports, you could have done this height with normal supports, there??????s just no need to use the expensive hyper supports. A ride comparable to yours in height is Expedition GeForce and it does not use hyper supports.
Next time also make sure support structures are rigid and will be able to support the ride, for example the camelback under the lift would probably not stay upright. You attached the track to the hyper style supports but in a weak way.
When using friction wheels on any brakerun try to use them for speeds up to 20km/h. (About 12 mp/h) Friction wheels can??????t really coat with much higher speeds.

Adrenaline: This track really lacked on airtime, it just has a few seconds of it while most other tracks in this contest have loads of it. Also the track was a bit too much of the same, the turning and twisting just got a bit boring and the moves are a bit tame. The tunnels were a nice touch to the adrenaline but the fact that the track going trough it was straight was boring.

Originality: The track is just nothing special, it does not stand out to the masses of other hyper coasters on this site, which is why you got a fairly low score for this aspect.

Extra??????s: 3ds tunnel are the only extra but I already gave my opinion about those. So not really much added to the score for that.

Technical: 6
Originality: 6
Overall: 6,5

Thalys ?????? Hansixx
Another master piece from your hand. The timing must have been just right for you because I??????m sure about it that this must have taken you loads of time.
Technical: If I look at this ride on trough my technical glasses I hardly see anything wrong. However there were minor issues. The first one is that trains leaving the station occasionally stall on the lift which brings the train to the launch. I think it depends a bit on the timing variation the station gives though. The support work really was stunning and so was the trackwork, smooth as??????. errr as??????. uhmmm, Infernal Force? If I look at smoothness Infernal Force and Thalys are pretty much on the same level. You also got some really sudden banking changes and a few bunnyhops that feel a bit rough in the dips.
There might also be a problem with the supports on the elements after the second hill. I don??????t think it is strong enough in some places. The track is attached to the main supports by just H profile beams which are quite weak when it comes to great forces. Next time you might want to use thicker tubes or more rigid structures which connect the track with the main supports. The rest of the support work is stunning though, I wouldn??????t have liked it to be in your place where you had to support this massive track.

Adrenaline: One thing is for sure, this ride is not for the faint hearted. Actually two things are for sure, this track really makes MF a laugh. The track delivers loads of floater air on the first two hills. The G??????s are taking riders to the extreme and I think this ride is really close to the edge of what can be done when it comes to G??????s. 5G is not a big problem for a human body but you got high G??????s for long periods or time. However if SFMM would like to build a mega record smashing ride, this is the one to have.

Originality: What can I say? There??????s nothing like it, this ride also gives the riders a one in a lifetime experience, or maybe a 100 times in a lifetime experience. Kind of depends on how long people would like to be in queue [:P]. It??????s hard to tell when originality is perfect. I don??????t think it is perfect on this ride but you are pretty much near it.

Extra??????s: I only got the raw file working??????

Oh, just one more thing, nice name and color work [:)]

Technical: 8,5
Adrenaline: 9,5
Originality: 9
Overall: 9

Passed to round 2

• The Edge

• Bino Maus

• Montu

• Buster

• Scarletfire

• cjd

• Bockzilla

• Hansixx

Reserves for round 2: whitewolf2759, WeeWeeSlap, coaster992001, tarzanman 11514, Screamomactic, coasterke, GRIM, coasterkidmwm and thecool326

Congratulations everyone [:)]

Thanks to everyone for participating in this contest. Make sure you check out the result movie as soon as this tounament ends.

Post March 9th, 2004, 3:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,960.00 Points
Aaaah, domme, op een half puntje na [;)]

Translation : damn, only half a point! Well done cjd! The best of luck in the next rounds!

It gives me also a stupid feeling that I get a 7,5 and don't pass, whilst others get a 6,5 and do pass! Oh well, guess that's life [;)]

PS: @ GFA, al die segmenten op de lifthill...tja, mss wel een beetje overdone! Maar ik wou het er eerlijk zo realistisch mogelijk uit laten zien. Initieel wou ik die rem er niet tussen, mah bon.
Die launch dan is bedoeld om hetzelfde effect te geven als op Goliath in SFH, waar de trein op de lifthill halverwege serieus versneld. Mah bon.

Post March 9th, 2004, 3:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,441.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2004, 4:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Congrats all the winners
next round will be:

The Edge v Bino Maus
Montu v Buster
Scarlet Fire v CJD
Bockzilla v Hansixx

Looks like a good one [;)]

Post March 9th, 2004, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
congrats everybody. It will be a good competition it looks like.

Post March 9th, 2004, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2004, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 1.00 Points
--------------------
Last edited by DjJavixxxxx on September 9th, 2014, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 9th, 2004, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,024.00 Points

Congrates all!

Guter Job Bino Maus ! ;) :D Ich liebe Ihr coaster

Post March 9th, 2004, 7:32 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Originally posted by G Force Addict
KAZAN ????????? cjd
First of all congratulations with passing to round 2. However it looks a bit like you thought this was going to be an easy round for you. It didn't really turn out that way because this one really was close. I think your track just had the edge on originality.

actually, GFA, it was more the influence of my mom that kept me from patching it up. She "banned" me from the computer because my English project wasn't done yet, so I had precious little time to fix all of the technical problems. As of today, I am un-banned from using the computer again, so I can go full force into the next round.

Post March 9th, 2004, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Well, congrats to those who made it to the next round....but I've only seen a few of the entries, because it seems that not all are in the exchange.

Is this just me?

Post March 9th, 2004, 8:14 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Congrats to Hansixx and everyone who nailed me lol.

Post March 9th, 2004, 9:16 pm
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

Congrats to all.[:)] I guess I will be out in the next round.[:(] I have to go up against Hansixx. I'm dead!!![xx(] Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!!![:D]

P/S GRIM, I will never question your psychic abilities again! LOL I look forward to meeting up with you again in a future competion![:D]

Post March 9th, 2004, 9:19 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

congrads to bockzilla, I told you you'd beat me...

>[}:)]<<GRIM>>[}:)]<

Post March 9th, 2004, 10:58 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

hey, wat can I say, I hate building hyper coasters just because....I like inversions, twisting the track, and some other stuff better. I prefer the illusion of where your gonna go more than how high in your seat can you fly. Maybe next time Ill do a lot better :)

Post March 10th, 2004, 8:23 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post March 10th, 2004, 11:06 am

Points on hand: 1,960.00 Points

Post March 10th, 2004, 4:08 pm
you User avatar

Points on hand: 2,556.00 Points

Post March 10th, 2004, 6:46 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

Post March 15th, 2004, 1:56 pm

Points on hand: 317.00 Points
Wow, good show guys! Very Interesting read G Force!
- Nyssa
Go for a ride!

Return to Contests