Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Riddler's Revenge

Riddler's Revenge

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 31st, 2005, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

I have started working on a new recreation of Riddler's Revenge. I have found good pictures and have a very good idea on layout and such, however, I cannot seem to find a good video. I've looked all over the web and none of the on-rides I come across seem to want to work. If anybody has a video or knows where a vid is, please let me know. Thanks.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I get some more work done. Right now I've got from the station to the entrance to the first dive-loop.

Post December 31st, 2005, 4:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post December 31st, 2005, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

http://www.coasterx.com/nolimits/FlightofFear.nlpack

theres a nolimits version of Flight of fear, which is the same thing as jokers jinx, if you need some more help with the layout

Post December 31st, 2005, 5:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,897.00 Points

but hes doing riddlers revenge not flight of fear or jokers jinx

Post December 31st, 2005, 6:29 pm

Thanks Jackizle. That one would work, however, I cannot seem to get any video. I hear the roller coaster but I don't see the roller coaster. Are you able to see the roller coaster as well?
I contacted the admin. for that site also, so far I've gotten no response.

Hapta, where in the world did you get Flight of Fear?

Post December 31st, 2005, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Phyter ... ah, the utmost classic NL designer, IMO.

Post December 31st, 2005, 6:39 pm
dac User avatar

Points on hand: 82.00 Points
I just watched the video and it worked fine for me.

I'm excited about this recreation....for some reason, I like stand-ups....

Post December 31st, 2005, 6:51 pm
rob User avatar

Points on hand: 3,083.00 Points
Yeah this should be really nice when it is all done, can't wait to see it progress.

Post December 31st, 2005, 6:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Iron -- you know where to find me for help or another pair of eyes. ;-)

Post December 31st, 2005, 7:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

No....it really isnt, its actually just about perfect. As for RR IronMan, I saw a very good quality POV of it but i cannot seem to recall where it was, if I remember where it was I'll be sure to post a link for you.

Post December 31st, 2005, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post January 1st, 2006, 4:46 am

Screens are up.
http://nldc.interfix.net/p1405

However, I'm having trouble finding any pictures of the final helix portion of the ride. Would somebody let me know if this is correct?

[EDIT] I've already fixed the turn into the MCBR. It is correct now. My only concern is that the extra helix just before the final brakes may not be there...

Post January 1st, 2006, 4:56 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Yeah, that final helix isn't there.. it's just a turn into the breaks.

Post January 1st, 2006, 5:20 am

Points on hand: 3,535.00 Points
I wonder who started adding that extra helix at the end....

Post January 1st, 2006, 12:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
you might want to lighten up the green some because its way to dark. but other then that it looks pretty sweet

Post January 1st, 2006, 8:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post January 1st, 2006, 8:41 pm

Youve got a TON of things wrong with this. I dont have time to write up the whole list now, But some major things are the hop after the incline loop isnt supposed to be a bunny hill. Its a banked turn, about 85 degree banking. And the top of the lift doesent have a huge straight like silver bullet. Its straight into the turn.

Post January 1st, 2006, 9:15 pm

Alright. Enlighten me. Quit being a prick about it and tell me in a decent manner what I can do to better this ride.

Post January 1st, 2006, 9:30 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

WWS was suppose to have a Riddler's Revenge POV up but he'd rather put up lesser videos than my RR's pov, and it makes me sad.[:(]
Anyways, if you need any help, I can test for you. I've memorized the layout, and I've tried to recreate it myself. But be warned, to get it right (perfectly) it will all rely on how you position the loop, the opening drop, and the first diveloop in order for it all to really come together correctly.

Post January 1st, 2006, 9:54 pm

You don't happen to still have that video do you? If you do, please send it over. I'll send over what I've got as of right now as soon as I get your address.
Send the vid to metalheadfranz@yahoo.com if you have it please.

Post January 1st, 2006, 10:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Im not sure if someone said this or not, but theres no extra helix at the end that crosses under the brake run

Post January 1st, 2006, 10:32 pm

Post January 1st, 2006, 11:20 pm

First of all im not being a prick about anything. If you dont want my help I wont give it. Here is the list of things wrong, I dont give a damn what you take of these or do to fix them but they are problems in order of appearance.

-The turn out of the station is a tad to tight, I would make it like 200% the size.
-The lift is very unsloped, I would slope it a bit more so it doesent take to long to get up. Having it sloped right will also make the perspective of it to everything else more accurate.
-The is a large flat section on the top of your lift, Riddler goes straight into the dive and doesent even have a small 3-5 foot straight section like many B&M's. http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/gallery ... _i10.shtml
-Your drop biggining isnt heartlined, I assume you were going to fix that later because your rides are very nicely heartlined.
-The drop wasnt tight enough, It should be steeper and tighter curving right into the loop. http://rcdb.com/ig470.htm?picture=19
-First dive loop is good.
-Between the dive loops the track should flatten out for about 20 feet like at the bottum of Apollos Chariot's Drop.
-After the incline loops the hop is a banked turn, not an airtime hill like you had. It curves right into the turn up in to the MCB which should be tighter and steeper.
-Your MCB trims the train to much. The real one just does a small tap, taking off no more than 5 mph.
-The entire layout after the MCB was accurate but stretched, evrything should be tighter and faster paced.
-There is no helix at the end, it just turns straight into the brakes.

This track doesent seem to "IronMan" like, I think you should smooth it a bit. You have very nice tracks. I would hate to see this be an exception.

Post January 1st, 2006, 11:57 pm

First off, thanks for the info. I have a few of these fixed and will work on the others shortly. Second, you were being an ass about it at first. There is no doubting that. I still appreciate the help though.
The track will definately take on much much more smoothing. I am more concerned with layout accuracy at the moment. Smoothing, however, is taking shape slowly as I adjust a certain spot over and over to get the right flow.

Post January 2nd, 2006, 1:00 am

Return to Hard Hat Area