Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Rocket Coaster for Port Aventura!

Rocket Coaster for Port Aventura!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post December 14th, 2005, 11:48 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

A recent article has revealed plans for a rocket coaster to be built at Port Aventura in Spain!

Click below to read the article.
Last edited by Canadmos on February 18th, 2006, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 14th, 2005, 11:50 am

Originally posted by www.lavanguardia.es
A car of formula 1 reaches the 100 kilometers per hour in four seconds. The new attraction of Port Adventure, that will cost six million euros, will move to 135 kilometers per hour in only 3.5 seconds. This hunting will be the star of the park as of the season of the 2007, when it is released. It will be located in the thematic area of the Mediterr????????? nia and will always start and advance in horizontal, level with ground or water at a speed of vertigo.

Who do not have themselves bold with the Hurakan Condor (that lowers to 115 kilometers hour) or with the Khan Dragoon (with ends of 110 kilometers per hour), they are going it to have difficult. The new hunting, that still does not have name, is thought for a young public and lovers of the risk and, specially, the speed. In the specialized jargon east type is described as attractions like acelerator because its main characteristic and attractive maximum are its acceleration. It will happen of 0 to 135 kilometers per hour in less than four seconds and without resorting to slopes. It will not have loopings either (returned from bell). The exit of the attraction will be through a tunnel to leave immediately afterwards outdoors, with which he will be visible for the visitors of the park.

The new bet of Port Adventure will be a hunting similar to which there is in Alton Towers, in England. Nevertheless, in that attraction the occupants go seated in a species of trenecillo. In Port Adventure a species of airplane fuselage has been designed that will run over a rail, but the seats will hang of the wings, in the style of those of the Hurakan Condor. The occupants will travel at full speed and to few centimeters of the ground and also of the water, since in a while of its route the attraction will cross the lake of the Mediterr????????? nia, the one that gives the welcome to all the visitors of the park.

Sources of Port Adventure assure that at the speed another emotion will be added: the one to see how, with its winding route, the hunting avoids the objects that find to their step. Each trip will last of 55 seconds and hourly 1,500 people will be able to raise the attraction, almost the double that in the Hurakan Condor, that has capacity for 850 people per hour.

This same week the advice of administration of the park approved the project although they are left some flecos to define: the attraction will be located in the area of the Mediterr?????nia, where now only there are two attractions: the Estaci?????? of the Nord (the train) and the Port of the Drassana and by a space question, since the new hunting will be very great, but still the exact point of exit has also not been determined. Also it is to decide the tematizaci??????n of the attraction and if some spectacle is gotten up to brighten up the delay.

To construct the new hunting will cost a year and means of work, although the structure and the material will be prepared outside the park and the works will only be visible during the assembly of the attraction. The investment of which it will be the star of Port Adventure as of season 2007-2008, when the park turns his twelfth anniversary, will surpass the six million euros. Its beginning will agree with the construction of the residential and hotel set that Port Adventure will develop next to the park.

Translated using Google.
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051214 ... 96021.html

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

This doesnt sound that great acceleration to me. 0 - 80 in 3.5 seconds? The other rockets do there speeds alot faster. Still should be a great ride though. And BTW, what is the article going on about when it says it has seating similar to Hurukan Condors, and that they will hang off the wings, which i guess means the sides? It sounds like the seating off te Intamin ball coaster to me? Although its obviously, not, as that couldnt do 0 - 80 in that amount of time.

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
6 millions.. Do you have an Intamin for that bit of money ?

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:16 pm

^I believe Kanonen and Speedmonster are around that price.

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:31 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

er, what the hell is port adventura? [lol] Is that like Adlton Towers? hint hint, you might want to check your spelling [;)]

Still though, We all love rocket coasters, especially me, so a new one is great, no matter about how big or small it is or what it has in it [lol]. I've been hearing about this from DjJavixxxxx for about 50 million years aswell, so I already knew [:D] *halo appears round head*

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,853.00 Points
That park is called Port Aventura not Port Adventura [;)]

EDIT. Oh, Gouldy got first

I'm not too furious about this one tough it can be something really cool if there will be lot's of themening.

BTW: That google translation was really funny to read [:D]... Khan Dragoon [:D]

Post December 14th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Well its 6 million EUROS, not 6 million dollars. So that translates to a little more.

Post December 14th, 2005, 3:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,966.00 Points

Post December 14th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

me 2 Woodie Man. The more coasters the merrier. And hell, its an intamin!!

Post December 14th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 721.00 Points

Post December 14th, 2005, 3:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

me 2 Woodie Man. The more coasters the merrier. And hell, its an intamin!!

Not Woodie, even though I am the person you most see using that avatar. 6 Million Euros is almost $8.5 million.

Post December 14th, 2005, 4:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
weeee another rocket!!! lets hope its got some inversions

Post December 14th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

Originally posted by www.lavanguardia.es
. It will not have loopings either (returned from bell). The exit of the attraction will be through a tunnel to leave immediately afterwards outdoors, with which he will be visible for the visitors of the park.

^PLEASE READ!!!!

Post December 14th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

i personally think it might be an intamin, inverted, rocket, similar to Volcano: TBC.

Post December 14th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
0 - 80 in 3.5, damn that sounds nice, there is are faster accellerations (Dodonpa) and much much higher acceleration g's (Dodonpa again)but hey, as long as its fun right? I cant wait to hear more about it.

Post December 14th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Remember, it's a 55 second ride, so it will be one of the longer rockets, if that is indeed what it will be. An Invert could also make sense, having fly over the water, much more exciting than a sit-down.

Post December 14th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
well i remember volcano being kinda long longer then storm runner thats only 60 seconds

Post December 15th, 2005, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 2,205.00 Points
Some people seem to think it's going to use the yet-to-be utilized Intamin "Wing-Walker" trains. A member on TPR made an illustration of what the train's style might look like.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... c&start=10

Post December 15th, 2005, 3:02 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by ECZenith

Some people seem to think it's going to use the yet-to-be utilized Intamin "Wing-Walker" trains. A member on TPR made an illustration of what the train's style might look like.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... c&start=10

woah, an intamin 4d, cool!

Post December 15th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,205.00 Points
The seats will not spin on this ride.

There are simply 6 seats spread out, 3 on each side, completely open air, but not quite a 4D.

Post December 15th, 2005, 3:22 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post December 15th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Points on hand: 721.00 Points
no there will only be 2 seats on every side of the train.

EDIT:hyyyper was faster...

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!