Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Rocking Space Mountain Opens Junuary 3 2007

Rocking Space Mountain Opens Junuary 3 2007

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 4th, 2007, 3:26 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

-- Rockin' Space Mountain -- Space Mountain got a new twist. Thanks to new lighting and technology, Disney's classic attraction will become a new experience in which rockets will rock it through the greatest concert in the universe. An all-new soundtrack will fit the exciting twists and turns of Disney's rocket classic. The futured song is Higher Ground as performed by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Along with that, another RHCP song rocking is rocking California Screaming over in the Disneyland Resort second gate Disney's California Adventure. While these "lay-overs" are only temporary, technology that they are using may be implemented in future Disney attractions or may be implemented as seasonal enhancements to an attraction, much like the Haunted Mansion Holiday layover.
Last edited by coolbeans326 on January 4th, 2007, 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 4th, 2007, 3:45 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

cool, time to visit Disneyland again, Next Tuesday here I come! [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post January 4th, 2007, 3:57 am

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
Yep, welcome to something I knew before the re-furbished ride was even opened. All they basically are doing is flipping a switch to change over to the different programming

Post January 4th, 2007, 4:10 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^it's actually more complicated then just a "flip of the switch" From my understanding, this idea was suppose to open with the ride and the ride would shut down for 10 minutes and the ride would then be switched over from the space theme to the rocking space format. Though the imagineers couldn't get that to work, so as a result it took more time for this to actually become implemented, and they decided to make it a 3 month layover.

Post January 5th, 2007, 3:53 am

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
The phrase "flipping a switch" was expressed to me by a Disney land employee which happens to work on space mountain.

Post January 5th, 2007, 6:10 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ Just because they work on Space Mountain does not mean they know everything about the attraction. Most likely the only people who would know such things would be the imagineers who designed the ride and the mechanics who keep the ride up, ect.

Post January 5th, 2007, 6:52 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
[lol]... I think the implementation is a great idea! It's about time to hear some new songs on the ride, lol!

I think it's really cool that Disney's maintenence crew members are called "Imagineers"...very creative title.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Return to General Theme Park Discussions