Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Roller Coaster tutorials?

Roller Coaster tutorials?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 17th, 2003, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

I know this is not were this topic should go, but it's the closest fit. I just needed to know if any one knew of any links that shows you how to make a 3d roller coaster for 3ds max. I have been looking all over, but I found nothing[:(!] This would help me out ALOT! Thanks[:D]

Post May 17th, 2003, 9:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
to my knowledge there isn't any. I have tried making coasters in max, and have been somwhat sucsessfull. It's a big operation. You really need blueprints if you want to make a good recreation, and if you want to make something new, just make it in NL or SM. I'd be happy to help out with any questions you have about Max, and would be glad to help in the building process[approve]

Post May 17th, 2003, 10:00 pm

ok, thanks! I just need a small (or big) tutorial on how to make the track(I would want to make a stand up) And the trains, mainly just basic stuff. If you havn't noticed, I am sort of new to max and I would really appriciat this. Thanks, if you would prefer to e-mail me help my e-mail is naicf2k2@yahoo.com. Once again, THANKS!!!

Post May 17th, 2003, 10:03 pm

K, I'll e-mail you some instructions, but I don't know how many pics I'll attach with it

Post May 17th, 2003, 10:27 pm

Post May 17th, 2003, 10:49 pm

sent, If anyone else whats it, just post your e-mail

Post May 18th, 2003, 2:11 am

I got it. I just sent you an e-mail back, only one problem, I cant see the pics, they're just grey rectangles.

Post May 18th, 2003, 2:53 am

that could be a problem
Do you really need to pics? becasue they where kinda a spur of the moment thing, I can't exakly disasembe what I've made, I'll a pic of the finish peoduct though. When It says "if it looks like this" just see if all the boxes are not cheaked.

I'm send the finished product right away.

Post May 18th, 2003, 5:54 pm

ok, I got it. Thats what mine looks like. But I also found a different way to do it. Just take 3 cylinders, make the one in the middle bigger than the others, select every other polygon on the left and right of the middle cylinder and exdrud to your liking and make it smaller in width. I won't go in depth but thats the general idea.

Post May 18th, 2003, 7:35 pm

that could work aswell. I was just showing the easyest way to do it.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions