Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 Roller Coaster Tycoon 4

Roller Coaster Tycoon 4

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post March 21st, 2014, 8:36 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 Releaset Date: Fall 2014
Formats: Mobile (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch)

Press Release:
RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile?????? Comes to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

One of the Most Successful Game Franchises of All Time Created for Mobile ??????
Build Thrilling Coasters and Share Your Dream Park With Friends

New York, NY - March 17, 2014 - Thrill ride seekers and amusement park enthusiasts should grab their spot in line for the next great rush as Atari, one of the world's most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, today announced the launch of RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile??????, for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile?????? will offer 20 pre-designed coasters as well as a bevy of new attractions and features to provide long-time fans and new players alike an exciting way to customize theme parks and construct electrifying roller coasters on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Based on the popular RollerCoaster Tycoon????? franchise, RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile?????? is the reimagined next installment of the beloved simulation game and will allow players to create and share the greatest amusement parks their imaginations can conjure. With Facebook and Game Center support, people can also invite and visit their friend's parks and exchange roller coaster blueprints.

"We are thrilled to bring RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile?????? to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch for the first time and allow players to experience the game in a new channel," said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer, Atari, Inc. "RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile?????? is a modern-age simulator with robust strategy gameplay and will also contain social features, leaderboards and achievements to provide a truly engaging experience."

Developed by On5, RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile?????? will be available early Spring. Please visit http://www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com to pre-register for game updates and receive free bonus in-game gifts.

The RollerCoaster Tycoon????? 4 Mobile?????? App will be available for $2.99 from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at http://www.AppStore.com.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post March 21st, 2014, 9:49 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Not gonna be happy with In App Purchases if there are any. But I would hope the 2.99 price tag would remove most if not all of them.

Post March 21st, 2014, 9:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
While the RCT franchise has never been he best graphics wise the switch to the mobile format just ruins it comepletly, I hope the PC version they mentioned in their facebook post is more geared towards that end.
What are these for?

Post March 21st, 2014, 10:33 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

Err... wanted RCT on mobile, but this looks like a more bubbly version of RCT 1, but a lot jerkier and with less control.

The fact that today's phones are easily 5+ times more powerful than what was needed to play RCT 1, that's pretty sad.

Post March 22nd, 2014, 3:14 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Agreed, I always get the feeling that a lot of todays developers don't worry so much about optimisation due to the more powerful computers / mobiles that they will be running on. Might not be the case here (due to aiming for a younger crowd perhaps) but I've definitely seen PC Games suffer because Consoles can run it at 30FPS :/
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 22nd, 2014, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,360.00 Points

Sigh... mobile?

Why?

I'd pretty much want RCT4 in any version except mobile. I just don't understand the appeal of mobile games.
Last edited by Mai of the Fire on March 22nd, 2014, 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post March 22nd, 2014, 2:09 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
That's because they are excuses to suck money out of people without really giving them any quality.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 22nd, 2014, 2:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,360.00 Points

Post March 24th, 2014, 1:58 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
RCT series should keep staying only in the category of computer game: their good tradition! :(
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post March 24th, 2014, 12:19 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Didn't they have some terrible Xbox port at some point?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3