Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 [PC] Roller Coaster Tycoon World revealed, EARLY 2016!

[PC] Roller Coaster Tycoon World revealed, EARLY 2016!

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
mrcrolly wrote:
I just hope they don't screw up like TPS did, Meaning I hope for a flexible, easy and fun spline system.

What in the world is a spline? :lol:

I think this might just turn out great! I love it when a company listens to feedback!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Spline is a line between points. In NL2 you have a B-Spline which determines how the track looks when you place the points!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points
I like how they said early 2015.

It's now already nearly summer 2015 :shock:
Yes....

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
Haha, you'll now notice all reference to Spring 2015 is gone and replaced with COMING SOON! Just shows what a terrible game it was when it was started, I'll be interested to see just how much they listen to the community.
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
^ Exactly this and more. They were probably ready to release when the last teaser was revealed. Hearing the community response probably made them turn back and change all of their mistakes. I thought I also heard something on custom track making, which would be cool too. (although I could be wrong).

God I really can't wait for this game, they really seem to be involved in their community. I just hope again that it doesn't go to poop like TPS did.

mkingy User avatar

mrcrolly wrote:
???Funny/Cool Things That Peeps Do???. Our design team is spending some time generating a list of actions and animations for the peeps and I wanted to make sure they heard your input ??? channel your creativity!

Hmm adding in pointless gimmicks rather than spending time on making the game playable doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
Coaster Count - 198

Paradox User avatar

RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #10
POSTED: 11 JUN, 2015 | POSTED BY: MATTLABDEV BLOGSNO COMMENTS
icon_rctw_400_r
Dear RCTW Fans,

It???s a busy week here. Over the past months, our team has been working, improving, and expanding on a number of different systems. It is always quite a sight to walk around the studio and see all of the disparate work being done by different members of the team. Now, we have reached what we???re calling ???integration week??? and it is a major step for us. We are now putting these assets and systems together ??? shiny, new, and improved before proceeding forward with additional work. It???s exciting!

This week, I wanted to share a different type of asset shot. Below you???ll see one of the coaster control booths you will find in the game. It???s important for us to really capture all of the elements of a theme park. The ride operator in their control booth is one of these smaller touches that is integral to the immersive experience we???re aiming to achieve in the game. We hope you like it and be sure to let us know what you think!

Lastly, next week Atari is heading to E3 so our forum posting and updating will likely be limited but present for the next few weeks. We won???t be showing the game publicly at E3, but we will be meeting with press to give them updates on RCTW and other Atari projects. That said, I do plan to update you all next week if and when time allows. Until then, see you on the forums and thank you for all of the great and valuable insights and feedback on our ???Ideas and Feature Requests??? forum. It???s hugely valuable to our design team so please keep it up! While there, be sure to check out our new ???Real World Theme Parks and Rides Discussion??? forum. Feel free to chat there about all your favorite rides and theme parks!

Cheers,
???Mattlab???
Executive Producer
RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ Thanks for posting this! It's a cool little update! I like the details!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Pretty cool control room!
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Dear Fans,

We???re just getting back from E3, after showing a number of Atari projects. We hope you are as excited as we are for the many great games coming out later this year ??? including RCTW! The development team is hard at work polishing our newly integrated milestone. This game is big and we have a lot to do over the next few months which is why we have an incredible (and large) team working on it.

All of this work now also allows us to begin showing off full in-game screenshots rather than the game engine shots we had been showing for the last few weeks. For the first time you get to see what the game actually looks like right now un-edited, and how all of the hard work is paying off.

To start, we wanted to share a view down a path in a park a member of our team made. The focus of this first shot is scenery and environment. Before we reveal the rides (and more) we wanted to start with the basics ??? the ground floor of your park, if you will.

We are gearing up next for our developer reveal and screenshots that we know will get everyone very excited. Rather than me talking about many of the new and improved features, I have asked the team to take a shot that simply shows them all off ??? including the rides. Until then, we will be a little quieter on the forums and social media as we focus on our upcoming big reveal.

That said, keep posting on our forums as many of your ideas (which you will see very soon) have made it into the game and are shaping it every day! Now???s the perfect time to join our community, as you???ll soon be able to chat with our development and community management teams!

Cheers,
???Mattlab???
Executive Producer
RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

That is seriously impressive, at least to me. Much better than what I had expected
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
It seems like they've done a complete about-face and are truly striving for realism. Hopefully it translates into a better game. If it doesn't, then there's still Planet Coaster to hope for - and Parkitect is looking better every day as well.

Hope to see cool or "sophiscated" park gates. :) They actually looked a bit disappointing in RCT3. ;)

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,293.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
Hope to see cool or "sophisticated" park gates. :) They actually looked a bit disappointing in RCT3. ;)

it would be nice if they were realistic as well, with turnstiles.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Interesting Dragster inspired station
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Finally the stations actually have rows. And they actually made real queues. That's what I'm most impressed with :lol:

Also looks like the paths got a bit more complex (yay diagonal paths!)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
not just diagonal, but curved too, I'm glad they decided to do things right.
What are these for?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I...am....well...at a loss for words, Looks like the game developers really started taking player and enthusiasts suggestions into account for the series. Too bad it took nearly 10 years for that to happen, but, it may be well worth the wait. Imagine what can now be done, especially with CRT's and Custom Scenery, seems like NL(1 and 2) and RCT developers got together for this project, and it came out way better than I even anticipated. Hope my machine can support the data to run it decently. That's my one complaint with NL2 and RCT3, my processor and 3d card are just a tad too slow to run them efficiently. I really gotta save up and get a better computer. Seems like my laptop may not be as good as it once was. 3d this and hd that, it works well for small scale 3d and hd viewing and gaming, but larger parks and coasters, especially the 3d heavy ones, really slow it down. Anyway, like I said before, this is one RCT installment that looks like it'll be well worth the wait. Super stoked for the next RCTW blog. Maybe a hint at some of the coaster styles, or flats?
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points
I don't know how long legs you need to get in the train. But that's what irritating me. The track lays in the station"on the floor".
Yes....

mkingy User avatar

Coaster Mind wrote:
I don't know how long legs you need to get in the train. But that's what irritating me. The track lays in the station"on the floor".

If that's all that irritates you I think they'll take that as a win :lol: I know what you mean though!
Coaster Count - 198

^ That does remind me of a RCT3 Giga coaster track set on a higher position than a loading platform. Peeps just have to jump on the ride. Worse than the way we get on an Inverted! :lol:

mkingy User avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3