Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 [PC] Roller Coaster Tycoon World revealed, EARLY 2016!

[PC] Roller Coaster Tycoon World revealed, EARLY 2016!

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Those trains.... wtf
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I'm excited for all the things they have added, but I feel like the coasters themselves have kind of down graded. From the way they describe it sounds like there is less variety than even the original RCT(Not including expansion packs)
What are these for?

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
RCTW's B&M track still looks like the Arrow's Suspended Swinging one you've seen numerous times in RCT3. I guess that "B&M" has got a more cuby track. It's actually more of a giant box.

:)
Last edited by lol240 on October 24th, 2015, 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
straightbanana wrote:
Imagine seeing Magic mountain in this game, now Six flags is behind it ;)

Nothing to suggest it'll be well done though...
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
titanrocks01 wrote:
that has too much theming for magic mountain

It's a dream :lol:
Taron>Helix get mad

stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

The track certainly needs some polishing, Honestly I can't wait to build me a plain old woodie. Wooden coasters were HORRIBLE in RCT3.
Vasco XTR

stevecoaster wrote:
Wooden coasters were HORRIBLE in RCT3.

^ Yeah, they were! Like each lapbar didn't at all match to the guest's size! To me RCT3 sounds like full of seat size fails!

;)

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

So here's the fruit of my 3+ hour labor in the rctw beta (review below pic of first impressions)

Okay, as a huge fan of the previous games there is a massive gap between old rct and new rct. If you were a fan of old rct do not buy this game. That's the early TL:DR.

Here are the likes
1. Terrain and water editor is nice
2. music isn't bad
3. more coaster editor customization
4. path builder seems to be better

and dislikes
1. coaster editor is far too complex for average user, even above average users. See below for more details.
2. takes way too long to load sandbox mode. SANDBOX MODE!
3. can't right click to delete things such as pathways
4. MUST move camera with arrow keys, no more mouse movement
5. None of the coaster styles have relevant pictures to determine what they are, only stick figure sillouhetes.
6. you don't have a setting to remove cars from your trains. To add you simply click on where the extra cars should be
7. Terrain editor wont change the already existing support height leaving terrain indents that are quite ugly
8. Scenery isn't separated by group anymore. Oregon Trail Wagons apparently fit in with UFO's and pumpkins.

Here is my report of my experience on coastercrazy.com's forum skype chat regarding the game:
- alright rctw gimme what you got
- the music reminds me of a mix between sims 3 and a merry go round
- really not sure why a sandbox mode took MY $3000 custom build 2 minutes to load
- why can't I right click to delete things?
- can't move the camera with mouse apparently even with the highly unnecessary "move tool". you need to use the arrow keys, something never needed before. WHAT AN AWESOME NEW FEATUJRE GUISE! [/sarcasm]
- None of the coaster styles have relevant pictures to determine what they are, only stick figure sillouhetes.
- wow the coaster editor... take everything you knew about rct and throw it out the window.
- make a kiddie coaster. A good looking kiddie coaster. What was a 3 minute build is now 15 minutes.
- this coaster editor is way too complex for any casual or even a step above that user
- it's so customizable but that doesn't mean better. Sure it'll be able to make somewhat realistic coasters even WITHOUT A STRAIGHT TRACK SETTING AT ALL but it won't be recieved well by anyone that wants a casual non stressful experience.
- as far as track is concerned imagine a spline editor that automatically detects radius
- they took a simple game idea and added infinitely more steps
- on the bright side making death coasters is way easier
- For extra ride settings, you don't have a setting to remove cars from your trains. To add you simply click on where the extra cars should be.
- THIS IS NOT ROLLER COASTER TYCOON!
- I love this new terrain editor I do but it wont change the already existing support height leaving terrain indents that are quite ugly.
- The water tool works very well and something I really like.
- Scenery isn't separated by group anymore. Oregon Trail Wagons apparently fit in with UFO's and pumpkins.
- Overall a very sub par experience, definitely should not be named under roller coaster tycoon.

That was all of my first impressions written after the first hour. I personally like the new editor but it doesn't have that rct feel which makes me really sad. It'll be completely new and probably very complex for new, average, and even some above average users. But that said I'm still hoping that they fix a lot of the bugs I experienced and help make things easier, more optimized, and better overall. We will see. I'll probably do another review like this after release.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Never use "TL:DR" please, because I literally want to say many thanks for your review! :D

this coaster editor is way too complex for any casual or even a step above that user

Oh, the difficulty level is like 8 out of 10?
Last edited by lol240 on October 31st, 2015, 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I see you have managed to find a way to get straightish lift hills, which is something that bothered me, did it take a long time to figure out/ once you did figure it out does it take a long time to accomplish?
What are these for?

Turbo User avatar

they aren't straight. They are as straight as I could get them, but not straight. There is no snap option and there is no way to make directly straight segments without precise mouse movement. and by precise I mean like sensitivity low and still precise. They always took a while to accomplish. Honestly I got to a point where I stopped caring and just quickly placed them, only making minor adjustments after the full circuit was complete.

Side note, I didn't see a way for shuttles now that I am thinking about it. I don't think they would leave those out of full release. The shuttle loop is essential to completing level 1 lol
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

This is probably a good thing, even though they will only fix it half way and then delay it again.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
"Adding these improvements, which include an easier "predefined piece" coaster building, additional coaster test feedback, a robust fencing tool and an improved on-demand grid, means a delay to early 2016."

I'll give it a whirl in December then since I've pre-ordered the game. Hopefully the above includes a straightener.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points
I wouldn't be surprised if it delay to 2016 summer or late 2016
Yes....

Turbo User avatar

Good. Honestly I'm still going to support competitors simply because they simply are doing a better job thus far. And as I said I'll be doing a full review upon release on this as well

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Thank god they decided to delay it!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
SkyArrow wrote:
They really don't want to fukc this up.

All the developers are taking the hint from what happened to WB and Rocksteady when they released Arkham Knight. Valve kept its 30% cut even if the game was refunded, so the developer lost $18/copy every time it was returned.

Turbo User avatar

Praise GabeN, yay

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Keep waiting for more better options that will amaze users! :)

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Well this thread died. The team has released several flat ride videos:

The "Orbit Spinner". No idea if this is based on a real ride or their own ideas:

The "Twister", which is what Triple Play at SFGAm is and I think Troika at CP:

The Pendulum, which is supposed to be that Excalibur thing at SF St. L that used to be at SFGAdv:

The seats are supposed to flip at the top and I recall it not rocking back and forth but w/e.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Too bad the coaster builder is complete ass
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
They don't really animate realistically - but I guess this is what we have to expect with this title. Inaccuracy.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3