Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area ξ - Samekh (Intamin Giga)

ξ - Samekh (Intamin Giga)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 8th, 2009, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 585.00 Points
I'd like to formally introduce my latest creation Samekh. (Greek letter #958;) Definitely inspired by Intimidator. Trackwork is currently completed and I'm now working on supports and some 3ds. (Station and Queue should be enough)

Statistics:
Height: 297.00 feet
Speed: 89 MPH
Ride Length: 5937.31 feet
Max Positive G's: 4.5
Max Negative G's: -1.2
Max Lateral G's: 1.0 (Lasts less then a second)
Trains: 3 trains, 8 cars per train
Lift Angle: Approx. 70 Degrees
Drop Angle: Approx. 85 Degrees

Last edited by tt1001 on September 8th, 2009, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 9th, 2009, 5:34 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,868.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Interesting so far. I like the colours as they are at the moment, are they going to stay that way?

Post September 9th, 2009, 9:58 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
The truss is too big (in Height), you need to shorten it a bit. Otherwise it looks like a good ride. If you need someone to test, just let me know.

Oh I almost forgot, most of these rides have a lift angle of 45 degrees - Megalites, Megas, Gigas, all of them. So your lift is probably just a tad on the steeper side.

Post September 9th, 2009, 11:12 am

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
You have one problem. Giga coasters have to be over 300 feet high, so 297 feet is technically a Mega coaster :P

Post September 9th, 2009, 1:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
No reason the lift can't be steeper than 45*. If Intamin can do a 121' lift at 90*, and launch a train to 128mph in 3.5 seconds, I think they can make a 70* lift hill. I like it as is.

Post September 9th, 2009, 2:24 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

just because things haven't been done before doesn't mean they couldn't or won't be done.

Post September 9th, 2009, 2:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Just make sure you engineer it in a way thats believable.

Post September 9th, 2009, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post September 9th, 2009, 4:32 pm

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
Who would've thought using only two supports on a 300ft coaster was believable before I305 was announced?

Post September 9th, 2009, 6:11 pm

Originally posted by gouldy

Interesting so far. I like the colours as they are at the moment, are they going to stay that way?

I was thinking of changing the colors since I've been getting mixed feelings from other people but I'll make them the default colors for now. I'll test some other colors that are easier to the eye maybe but I don't know, I like the colors myself :)

The truss is too big (in Height), you need to shorten it a bit. Otherwise it looks like a good ride. If you need someone to test, just let me know.

I'll try to shortening it but since the lift angle is steeper I made the assumption that the ride would need butcher trusses.

You have one problem. Giga coasters have to be over 300 feet high, so 297 feet is technically a Mega coaster :P

Lol I had someone mention that to me on another forum. I think highlighting the whole thing and raising it by 3 feet will do the job. Even though the drop isn't over 300 it should be enough.

--------

Onto the lift hill angle, I think I'll just keep it the way it is. In a sort of way it makes the ride unique in a sense that it's both pleasing to the eye and it's presumably cheaper to do in real life since the lift length is shortened. (But I really wouldn't know)

Post September 9th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,680.00 Points
Are you going to make the trackstyle like Intimidator's with a double spine?

Post September 9th, 2009, 9:34 pm

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

I'm sure if you had come up with this before Dominator was announced, People would probably say things like: That supporting is not realistic[:P]

Anyway, looks great, i like the touches you add that aren't copied from existing rides like the steep lift[:)], You should keep those colors, i like them[:D]

Post September 9th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Hello guys, quick update :) So far I've completed a little amount of support work but 3ds have started for the station. Please note the station is no where close to finished. I decided to make a large building instead of just a station to house different things (Stores, Shops, etc.) other then just the station for the ride. Oh and I also took pictures of the layout. It isn't too long but for how large this ride is, I'm sure it's enough. Here are the pictures:

Post September 9th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

It actually looks pretty "wheeeee!"
I like the way you did the lift, it's pretty believable even though it hasn't been done before. The only thing that looks funky is the straight section on the second hill. Will there be airtime up until it banks?

Post September 9th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
the 3ds are looking really nice. But the trackwork...It looks a little funky. May I ask wat building methods you used for the track?

Post September 10th, 2009, 12:17 am

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
The station looks like it's sixty feet high. Any terraforming going to be taking place?

Post September 10th, 2009, 3:51 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^ Yeah, I was thinking that, it seems that there would have to be an elevator for the people in the queue line [lol] it does seem rather on the high side.

I thought the station on G-Force @ DM was bad at 30ft or so, but this takes it to another level! The rest of the ride does look good, very good in fact, but there's gonna be a lot of stairs!

Post November 3rd, 2009, 8:31 pm

Hey guys, well I had to take a quick break from this since school recently started again (Got back from Fall Break) I decided to start working on it again and I've made some updates on the layout and track style which I'll need some feedback on.

First things first, track style. As of right now I'm torn between the Intamin style track and the Premier style track.

Premier:

Pros-
Track looks more similar to I305's style
Ties Look cleaner.
Cons-
Train type isn't right.

Intamin:

Pros:
-Similar train style to I305

Cons:
-Ties look akward
-Track nodes look messy

I've also changed the layout, the overbank wasn't doing it for me and some of the banking was awkward. All of that has been fixed now and I guess it looks more realistic.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post November 3rd, 2009, 10:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
For sake of track style, since you're making a custom spine attachment, Intamin trains "look" better than Premier's. That's just me. If you go with Intamin 4 spine, I don't think it's necessary to have the custom spine. If it's only for re-enforcing the drop, regular support work works just fine.

I personally didn't like that you showed the entire layout. Should have just shown the supports. But again that's just me over using the word "just".

Looks like a fun ride. Sorry if I came off a bit crass there. Great lift support work.

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,850.00 Points

ill test if you want me to.
Dont buy starbucks coffee

its poison

Post November 3rd, 2009, 11:51 pm

Points on hand: 442.00 Points

Post November 4th, 2009, 1:38 am

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
^ I don't know how to respond to that.

Anyway's I think you should just stick to the Intamin. Although the track will look oddly different than from what your goal is, if you put enough scenery and all that jazz, then hopefully most people will get distracted from the track. I usually just kinda stair off into space and the track and car kinda disappear (in real life) so who's to say that can't happen in the NL.

I don't know. You go with what you want, but I won't look down upon you for something you can't really fix. I'm behind this ride 100%, no matter what.....as long as it's good....and has a good color scheme and support work and station work, if any, and good scenery.
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Return to Hard Hat Area