Board index Public Relations Contests Scream City Coaster Contest- No Limits- RESULTS!!!

Scream City Coaster Contest- No Limits- RESULTS!!!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:12 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I would join but the tunnel and tree rules are just...dumb.

Sorry

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:18 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Why can't we use park pack objects, you did after all.

I wasn't aware...Austin had told me he was going to remove the Park objects and create his own...Austin?

Just talked it out with Austin. We didn't use an CSims park objects. Everything was made by Austin or others.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:48 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I was thinking about this for a while but the main reason I am not joining this contest is because I see it failing overall The main point I dont like is the 3Ds rule. That is a load if you ask me. Your pretty much asking for awesome 3Ds and a decent track and that will win, that is why I see this failing.

However.....IF the 3Ds were needed for the contest (which I might add all but the two tunnels are not) then I would have no issue with this. But those useless 3Ds will only lower FPS rates and make the file bigger tthen needed.

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:57 am

Aren't contests supposed to appeal to everyone on the site?

The matter is ya'll have way too much going on with the template and made it soo much more complicated than what it had to be...just look at Jimmy Yoshi's contest and compare it to this one.

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:57 am

IT IS NOT A 3DS RULE! IT IS SIMPLY A WAY TO UP YOUR ORIGINALITY PEOPLE

^Jake, you may be right on that one, but there isn't much logical reason why this contest shouldn't appeal to everyone...other than the fact people think you NEED to be good at 3Ds to win, which is completely ignorant...

Originally posted by coasterfan4444

Your pretty much asking for awesome 3Ds and a decent track and that will win, that is why I see this failing.

I don't see why that reason is going to make this contest fail? Because not everyone can make 3Ds? There are other ways to make a ride original. I pray that the designers on this sight discover that...

However.....IF the 3Ds were needed for the contest (which I might add all but the two tunnels are not) then I would have no issue with this. But those useless 3Ds will only lower FPS rates and make the file bigger tthen needed.

So delete them.

Post August 7th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

haha, i was just going to say all of that also, thanks...

for the 3ds, its not a huge part of the contest, if you use more of the template than a person with good 3ds, then you're way ahead, because it states that mark wants it to be visible from many areas around the park, and he wants a long coaster. So dont worry about all 3d's, its a very little part of scores.

Post August 7th, 2007, 12:07 pm

I don't care about the park 3ds, it's just the stupid tunnels... your like forcing us to put them on a flat section of track, and it would be dump to have a brake run or lift in a tunnel...especially one that looks like that.

Post August 7th, 2007, 12:15 pm

the tunnels can always be used for launches also...

Post August 7th, 2007, 12:19 pm

Yeah but they would look really out of place that way.

Post August 7th, 2007, 12:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

So then every track is going to have minimum two launches in those tunnels.

Gerstlcrazy, I know nobody's being forced to enter. I entered because it looks fun, but IMO, the 3D upping-your-originality-points isn't fair and is pretty dumb. Sorry, but I don't think you should be awarded a bunch of extra points because you know how to make scenery better then some others.

Post August 7th, 2007, 12:29 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Yeah, i agree with CGuy. This is a competition in coaster designing, not in 3ds designing.

Post August 7th, 2007, 1:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points

Post August 7th, 2007, 2:12 pm

Post August 7th, 2007, 3:19 pm

Originally posted by Vid_w

Yeah, i agree with CGuy. This is a competition in coaster designing, not in 3ds designing.

Exactly, that's not what some of you are seeing. CGuy, you're not getting points because you're good at 3Ds. That's NOT what this contest is. 3Ds aren't the only part of Originality, and Originality is not the only part of this Contest. The 3Ds adding to your score is a simple fraction of points. You need understand you can still blow someone's track away without 3Ds...There are other ways to make a good track.

Sorry, but I don't think you should be awarded a bunch of extra points because you know how to make scenery better then some others.

A bunch of extra?

"great originality points"

I would suppose that you'd come to the conclusion that just becuase you threw in an object doesn't give you those great points. I seriously guarantee that no one will put in the quality or quantity that it takes to earn the "Great Originality Points"...

Coasterguy77, you don't have to worry so much about this whole 3Ds deal. You can pull off a track just as worthy of a win as someone with 3Ds in their track.

This is the last time I'm explaining how too big of a discussion is being made on the fraction of points that using 3Ds will earn you in the contest.

Thanks to everyone that's been joining and I hope the contest can turn out enjoyable after all of these disputes...

Post August 7th, 2007, 3:59 pm

Points on hand: 121.00 Points
I do agree that 3ds shouldn't get you a lot of points (which you already said gets you only a few), but I am not to concerned. I think I will have plenty of enough originallity in the coaster itself.

Sure, 3ds adds to the excitement of a coaster, but that is not what makes it exciting.

Post August 7th, 2007, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Hmm... I found a nice way around those tunnels tehe.

Post August 7th, 2007, 10:38 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Looking at these tunnels again, they are rather wide and tall. If your good you might get a few rund though each of the two tunnel......then I take back what I said about this failing. Heck, I might just enter if you guys dont mind me taking out the 3Ds and replacing them with NO Build Boxes and the paths with blue No Build Boxes. I like this idea now. Though I still dont care for the "add 3Ds to get points" rule, but I will get over that.

Post August 7th, 2007, 10:52 pm

ok, ill add you, and yes, you can change the paths to no build boxes, but the 3ds you can just delete, nevermind, i actually did the honors for you... please use this link and download the one i made, also, anyone else can use this if they need a low scenery version, same rules apply, it acts as a path, do not put supports fully on it...
http://ridehost.com/uploads/Scream_City ... ry.nltrack

^^ thats just the track, i assume you have the tunnels from the other one..?

and you said you didnt like the extra 3ds points rule. Well, every single track on this site, and every contest done, has gotten extra points for the scenery... We dont have a section for 3ds only, it just goes in with originality... just like every other ride here...

Post August 7th, 2007, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Originally posted by Vid_w

Exactly, that's not what some of you are seeing. CGuy, you're not getting points because you're good at 3Ds. That's NOT what this contest is. 3Ds aren't the only part of Originality, and Originality is not the only part of this Contest. The 3Ds adding to your score is a simple fraction of points. You need understand you can still blow someone's track away without 3Ds...There are other ways to make a good track.

Sorry, but I don't think you should be awarded a bunch of extra points because you know how to make scenery better then some others.

A bunch of extra?

"great originality points"

I would suppose that you'd come to the conclusion that just becuase you threw in an object doesn't give you those great points. I seriously guarantee that no one will put in the quality or quantity that it takes to earn the "Great Originality Points"...

Coasterguy77, you don't have to worry so much about this whole 3Ds deal. You can pull off a track just as worthy of a win as someone with 3Ds in their track.

This is the last time I'm explaining how too big of a discussion is being made on the fraction of points that using 3Ds will earn you in the contest.

Thanks to everyone that's been joining and I hope the contest can turn out enjoyable after all of these disputes...

Thank you for clarifying that. I just assumed that "great originality points" meant more then a very small amount.

Also, my track is going pretty much perfectly so far! Yay! First time a contest has ever gone so smooth for me. Only at the prelift, but it's still going well.

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:12 pm

Originally posted by coasterfan4444

Looking at these tunnels again, they are rather wide and tall.

yes, i made them tall for a reason, i was actually hoping people could put a nice little pop of air in there or something, if it happend to be at the bottom of a drop.

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:31 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks. The tunnels were in the file already. Now I cant say I will submit anything but I will tinker with it. I assume we can move them if needed? Well, wish me luck.

Post August 7th, 2007, 11:36 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
If you are creative, the using the tunnel rule should not be an issue at all.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post August 8th, 2007, 1:50 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Originally posted by Austin

ok, ill add you, and yes, you can change the paths to no build boxes, but the 3ds you can just delete, nevermind, i actually did the honors for you... please use this link and download the one i made, also, anyone else can use this if they need a low scenery version, same rules apply, it acts as a path, do not put supports fully on it...
http://ridehost.com/uploads/Scream_City ... ry.nltrack

^^ thats just the track, i assume you have the tunnels from the other one..?

and you said you didnt like the extra 3ds points rule. Well, every single track on this site, and every contest done, has gotten extra points for the scenery... We dont have a section for 3ds only, it just goes in with originality... just like every other ride here...

we have the tunnels, but theres a small problem: we are not allowed to resize them.

Post August 8th, 2007, 12:58 pm

^You're not supposed to, man.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests