Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Scream Machines Vs. No Limits

Scream Machines Vs. No Limits

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Scream Machines Vs. No Limits

NoLimits
82%
Scream Machines
18%

Total votes : 267

Post August 21st, 2003, 9:20 am

Points on hand: 2,631.00 Points

Post August 21st, 2003, 1:09 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points

Post August 21st, 2003, 4:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post August 23rd, 2003, 8:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,631.00 Points
i love the both too but the nolimits the make a coaster its more easier for me

Post August 23rd, 2003, 8:56 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Scream Machines was pretty cool comparitively in the beginning... then, No Limits got woodies, and regained the top spot.

Post August 23rd, 2003, 9:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Both are decent. For me NL is the better choice because of the feel when you build something. However, SM can compare because its decent for track design but it slaps NL in the face with all its options for braking, launching, stations etc. But what good are all those things when it feels too funky to build a track? I go with NL.

Post August 25th, 2003, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

what is the sm website? Also would you take sm over hyperrails

Post August 25th, 2003, 7:09 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Post August 25th, 2003, 7:11 pm

ok I went to the site, but can you please let me know if you would purchase hyperrails or scream machines, I also have no limits and love it so was wondering if either of those would be worth it

Post August 25th, 2003, 7:28 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

I would pick SM over HR for many reasons. More track styles, more editor options, fewer bugs, better support, etc. Also, HR doesn't offer any terrain options. Scream Machines, despite what many people will tell you, has exactly the same type of editor as No Limits. If you've gotten the hang of the NL editor yet, then you shouldn't have any problem catching on to SM.

As for SM and NL comparisons, it's all a matter of preference. Both sims have their shortcomings, IMHO. I still like both of them though.

Hope this helps! :)

Post August 25th, 2003, 7:39 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I prefer SM over NL, and NL vs SM, I love both, I hate to do supports in NL as in SM, hence never seeing something from me in SM and seeing something from me in NL in ages. I like SM's editor a lot, I love it and the real time g's are making it better editor wise over NL. Graphics, well onride, NL looks better by default, but using a good skybox, such as the ones Kev has privided for us, SM can take NL out on that, SM seems to take better quality screenshots as well. SM has more track styles to chose from as well. NL has a good variety, but can use more of the popular track styles, which SM has. like flying, intamin box track, giovanola cars etc etc.
WWS

Post August 26th, 2003, 12:37 am

Thanks kev & wws, that made up my mine there going to purchase scream machines tonight and check it out.

Post August 26th, 2003, 2:54 am

ok got the game, just have to get used to it now, the ride itself is really not as good as far as I can see though

Post August 26th, 2003, 6:02 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Yeah, SM doesn't seem to give out a cool first impression for most people. To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with it at first either. It kind of grew on me after awhile though.

Here's a couple of tips to get you started:

1) Most people's main complaint with SM is that the trains feel like they are moving slower than they actually are. You can change this by adjusting the FOV. Press F6 a couple of times (or as many times as you need) to "speed it up".

2) If you have an urge to build a wooden coaster, do it with NL instead. SM is an absolute dog when running wooden coasters. Hopefully, this will be fixed with SM 2.0

Hope this is helpful! I may add to the list later. [:)]

Post August 26th, 2003, 7:06 am

thanks kev, I tried it and it does seem to help, as for the woodies d/l a few and my pc seems to be handling them pretty good (as good as no limits anyway) I have a geforce 4 and it seems to do the job. do you have any other recommendations for the game, all will be very well appreciated.

Post August 26th, 2003, 5:56 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Let me think on it for awhile, and then I will reply again in this thread with some new recommendations. Basically though, it pretty much works like NL. Are there any problems you are having specifically? If so, then list them here and I will try to help out.

Post August 27th, 2003, 1:22 am

Points on hand: 3,980.00 Points

I have had sm for about a month and it is almost like nolimits. But for some reason, I can't get used to the editor. I just need to spend more time on it. But I think its kind of wierd that it is so alike but so different.

Post August 27th, 2003, 1:43 am

Post August 29th, 2003, 6:32 am

ok now that I have both games I can tell you what I think, I am for noliimits but I do like the way screammachine is set up in certain aspects. the 4d ride is cool. They are both good games just think nolimits will be my top choice

Post August 31st, 2003, 12:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,968.00 Points
Scream Machines is a good simulator, but it doesn't compare to NL IMO. Graphics are OK in SM, but I hate the way the wooden supports pop in and out between simple and detailed while you ride. Since I am much more of a woodie fan than a steelie fan, I preferred SM until NL got the long-awaited woodies update. I have barely touched SM since. There are a few things about SM I do like, such as the ability to lock the x, y, or z axis while building in the editor, but it is a little tricky until you get the hang of it.

Post August 31st, 2003, 12:19 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by befo72

Scream Machines is a good simulator, but it doesn't compare to NL IMO. Graphics are OK in SM, but I hate the way the wooden supports pop in and out between simple and detailed while you ride. Since I am much more of a woodie fan than a steelie fan, I preferred SM until NL got the long-awaited woodies update. I have barely touched SM since. There are a few things about SM I do like, such as the ability to lock the x, y, or z axis while building in the editor, but it is a little tricky until you get the hang of it.

You can prevent the graphics from changing in the distance by turning off LOD in the setup, but of course it will drastically affect your FPS.

Post August 31st, 2003, 3:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,968.00 Points

Post August 31st, 2003, 3:24 pm

cool, i had that same thing happen to me and it works now, thanks kev [:)]

Post August 31st, 2003, 3:32 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

No problem. When i'm not feeling so lazy, I'll try to type up a few pointers for building supports. [:)]

Post August 31st, 2003, 5:09 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

cool, maybe a tutorial with screenies for the articles section? [;)]

Next

Return to Scream Machines