Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SeaWorld Flyer 2009 - Manta Testing Debut - Page 6

SeaWorld Flyer 2009 - Manta Testing Debut - Page 6

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 1,895.00 Points
Artwork of Sea World's newest coaster has been leaked by the website http://www.thedibb.co.uk.

Image Insert:
331.06 KB

Image Insert:
554.18 KB

Image Insert:
221.69 KB
Last edited by Austin on December 13th, 2008, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 23rd, 2008, 10:47 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Looks very cool, I'm curious to see what the real endresult is going to be though.

Post April 23rd, 2008, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

OOOO looks sexy! I love that train design, especially in the last photo!

Post April 23rd, 2008, 1:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

looks like a b&m flyer... interesting, i wonder if it'll really do that splash thing... [;)]
Founder of the (Un-Official) Site Welcoming Crew --- I'M CUCKOO FOR COASTERCRAZY!!!

Post April 23rd, 2008, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Post April 23rd, 2008, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

looks cool man

-------

Iv always though that NL would be quite cool if the train *interacted* with the water, ie. , ripples if rushes past
Rarwh

Post April 23rd, 2008, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Looks great, especially if they actually go through with the water splash. Hopefully there are some better pictures that come with the official announcement, but maybe this is all we'll get.

Post April 23rd, 2008, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
If anyones been on Hulk, its an easy effect to create and not dowse the riders. That seems to be the most logical way. I dont think doing it a la Shiekra would be wise. Those trains have a ton of mass which Im sure helps it plow through the water with the cones.

Post April 23rd, 2008, 7:46 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

If it is a B&M, there is no charts of the ride yet. the splash thing looks really cool though. There is a new flying ride going into SWO, it says:
Rumors suggest this will be a B&M built flying roller coaster named "Manta". Official information will be posted when it becomes available.

You can find this on rcdb.com

http://rcdb.com/id4190.htm
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 23rd, 2008, 7:48 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterking1993

looks like a b&m flyer...

really?

^^ and yeah, i was wondering about the splash too real. I feel like they wouldn't emphasize on it so much in the drawings though if it wasn;t a splash down.. But who knows, they seemed to emphasize it a lot on Italian job as well, and theres was fake. We'll just have to wait and see and hope for the best.

Post April 23rd, 2008, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Called Manta. Looks like it'll probably be somewhat larger than the previous flyers, looking at the construction footprint so far.

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 23rd, 2008, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Wow, thats 2 B&Ms for the park now. SeaWorld San Diego needs some more love!

Post April 23rd, 2008, 8:03 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Looks huge
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 25th, 2008, 6:39 pm

If anyone's curious.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7TjBA&hl=e

I'm confused about whether or not this is the correct layout. However, the first concept shot shown on philipman's post, the section shown matches that simulation. And the elements seem feasable to a B&M Flyer...

Post April 27th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
"Manta
Coming in 2009. Discover the world of Manta ????????? and fly face-down through sea and sky. The next generation of SeaWorld thrills in a new mega-attraction that combines up-close animal encounters with an innovative flying coaster."

Up close animal encounters??!?!
Fxck headbutting a dolphin.

Post April 27th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points
I dont think that lay was correct because I've never seen a B&M flier use that lie to fly turn like that.

Post April 27th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,268.00 Points

Originally posted by SFMM homie

Wow, thats 2 B&Ms for the park now. SeaWorld San Diego needs some more love!

I completely agree. The only thrill ride they have there is the rapids, and Journey to Atlantis.

Well, it might be something more like the flyer in the NL 1.7 update, the lie to fly element right after the loop, where it does not have a constand radius in the turn, but rather a transition, then a turn.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Hates oscar for taking points...

Post April 27th, 2008, 6:30 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I would be surprised if that was the actual layout. That NL video is beyond poorly made.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 27th, 2008, 7:12 pm

Originally posted by flaming-what

I dont think that lay was correct because I've never seen a B&M flier use that lie to fly turn like that.

I'd never seen an Intamin go beyond vertical...You get it [;)]

I think the reason this SeaWorld is getting more attention than San Diego is because it's more popular. That Orlando area is always crawling with attendance during the Summer.

Post May 8th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Youve never been to SWSD have you Gerstl? Its quite crowded itself. [:)]

Post May 16th, 2008, 12:59 am

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Originally posted by flaming-what

I'd never seen an Intamin go beyond vertical...You get it [;)]

Oh my god intamins can go beyond vertical! [:)] just kidding.

I was basing off the poor quality of the ride in the sim. B&Ms are supposed to be smooth, just looked like an intersting part of the ride.

Post May 17th, 2008, 5:06 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

[i]Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I think the reason this SeaWorld is getting more attention than San Diego is because it's more popular. That Orlando area is always crawling with attendance during the Summer.

no it isnt.. not at all.. and sea world san diego gets packed, but not for the rides. the reason there won't be any big rollercoasters there is because there's an ordinance against it.. they had to beg and plead and seriously compromise to install journey to atlantis. big rollercoasters are not an option because it ruins the veiw from point loma, which in my opinion is perfectly acceptable..

Post June 1st, 2008, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/busine ... -mant.html

SeaWorld Orlando announced details today for its new roller coaster, Manta (in SeaWorld artist's rendering at left) which park officials said will seamlessly take guests from the awe of encountering rays in underwater flight into the sensation of actually being one.

Swooping over water and sky, Manta will show riders underwater animal habitats, then soar them face-down aboard a manta-inspired flying coaster, donned in hues of dark purple, ultramarine blue, and cobalt.

SeaWorld also refined its word on the anticipated opening. It is to open in the summer 2009.

This morning's announcement provided the first details for the ride, SeaWorld Orlando's second major roller coaster, since officials first confirmed the ride in April. The ride has been conspicuously under construction in the northeast area of SeaWorld, near the park's main entrance, since January (as shown in construction photo (below at right)shot ealier this week from SeaWorld's Sky Tower.)

Manta is covering seven acres and will reach a height of 140 feet. It was designed by the Swiss coaster company, Bolliger & Mabillard. SeaWorld has declined to discuss the ride's pricetag.

The coaster vehicles were designed to give riders the sensation of gliding, swooping and diving up to nearly 60 mph, through four inversions on 3,359 feet of track, moving from sky to water -- so close at times that the Manta's wings apear to skim the waves (but don't; it will use water jets to create an illusion.)

The attraction is to begin when visitors enter a mythical village filled with artisan-created engravings and artwork that celebrate ray legend and lore. In the queue line, visitors will wind through caverns adorned with ray-inspired art in marble, jewels, and mosaics, all hand-created.

Whether visitors choose to ride the coaster or not, SeaWorld pledges that Manta still will offer an attraction. Floor-to-ceiling windows will provide encounters with 300 rays, as well as thousands of fish and other creatures native to oceans all over the world. Shark rays, spotted eagle rays, leopard rays, cownose rays, and oscillate river rays float past guests with fluidity and grace in a view new to SeaWorld. Elaborate lighting, sound and rushing waterfalls further will submerge guests into the experience.

p>Riders will travel face-down, in a horizontal position, underneath the belly of a coaster train shaped as a giant manta, with a wing span of 12 feet.

"This ride is uniquely SeaWorld," Dan Brown, vice president and general manager of SeaWorld Orlando, stated in a news release. "SeaWorld is famous for connecting guests with the sea and its amazing creatures, and Manta does this in a way that has never been done before, creating a true sense of oneness between human and animal.

"The sensation of Manta also will be like none other in the world - guests will be inspired by the grace and power of live rays, then feel as if they, themselves, are gliding through air and water," said Joseph Couceiro, chief marketing officer for SeaWorld's parent company, Busch Entertainment Corporation.

Post June 1st, 2008, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

no splash down :( too bad, that really wouldve been something, oh well.. hopefully theyll do a good job with the illusion

Post June 1st, 2008, 5:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
it still sounds really really fun!
Is now 15!

RIP Wildcatter, 1982-2007.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!