Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SeaWorld Orlando To Get A New Roller Coaster Called Mako

SeaWorld Orlando To Get A New Roller Coaster Called Mako

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

They did mention that this ride will be "at the top of the food chain", so the name Mako makes sense.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
And the #nothingfaster makes since because that's the fastest shark

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I still don't know why they are marketing it as Orlando's tallest coaster when Skyscraper will be over 300 feet taller than it.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^They aren't. Hence the hashtag #nothingfaster, and not #nothingtaller. They're clearly pushing the speed aspect instead of the height because it will still be faster than Skyscraper. Technically though it will be Florida's tallest coaster, but it will only hold the record until Skyscraper is opened (IF it is ever opened), which will be a few years. It sounds like enough time to market it in my opinion
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

VF15 wrote:
Mako would be an interesting name for the coaster, but I'm not completely convinced that it's going to be the official name yet because they could pull another Cheetaka/Diavolo on us.

They only do that to the Busch parks

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Sweet, a roller coaster named Mako! :lol:

American Eagle Lover

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
deere839 wrote:
No one listenz to bullshit peta

Then why is Sea World in such terrible condition?

The only reason PETA still exists is because the majority of the American population is too ignorant to do simple research and assumes everything on the internet is true. If people were smart enough to, I don't know, use common sense then they would realize that PETA is full of crap but like I said America is not the smartest country out there.

BTW nice shark picture on the front page (TTD?). :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
^They aren't. Hence the hashtag #nothingfaster, and not #nothingtaller. They're clearly pushing the speed aspect instead of the height because it will still be faster than Skyscraper. Technically though it will be Florida's tallest coaster, but it will only hold the record until Skyscraper is opened (IF it is ever opened), which will be a few years. It sounds like enough time to market it in my opinion

Not to mention while it won't have the actual height record it could well take the record for the tallest drop in FL. I thinki the hashtag could still fit that as well.

I only have three hopes for Mako. 1. That it isn't White. Everything in Seaworld has such interesting tones and shades. I hope they don't mae it super white >_<. 2. Have a useful splashdown if it has one. Seaworld needs a way to get splashed, that would be perfect. 3. Be an airtime machine, Florida super needs one.

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
As far as the Skyplex coaster is concerned, I'm not even convinced its height is valid because it's attached to a larger structure. I could see something like 'tallest free-standing coaster in FL.'

So tbh I've got like ten bucks on B&M hyper (I hope with a unique element or two or even a Goliath clone would be perf). Won't have to wait long to find out though!

LuckyK wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:

Not to mention while it won't have the actual height record it could well take the record for the tallest drop in FL. I thinki the hashtag could still fit that as well.

I only have three hopes for Mako. 1. That it isn't White. Everything in Seaworld has such interesting tones and shades. I hope they don't mae it super white >_<. 2. Have a useful splashdown if it has one. Seaworld needs a way to get splashed, that would be perfect. 3. Be an airtime machine, Florida super needs one.

my guesting with coasters they built in the past it will be blue

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
aj74205 wrote:
As far as the Skyplex coaster is concerned, I'm not even convinced its height is valid because it's attached to a larger structure.

I don't think you discount Zumanjaro's height based on the fact the support structure isn't solely for the ride therefore I don't think you can discount the skyplex coaster either.

Maybe it'll get a decent faded paint job - or if it's B&M a pattern like Fury's?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

mkingy wrote:
aj74205 wrote:
As far as the Skyplex coaster is concerned, I'm not even convinced its height is valid because it's attached to a larger structure.

I don't think you discount Zumanjaro's height based on the fact the support structure isn't solely for the ride therefore I don't think you can discount the skyplex coaster either.

Maybe it'll get a decent faded paint job - or if it's B&M a pattern like Fury's?

The difference is that it travels that full height during the circuit vs. Sitting on top of the structure like the High Roller did on The Stratosphere in Vegas.

I'm hoping for Teal Ocean Blue Grey scheme. I'd love that in the park. So are they keeping it on the "rides" side of the park? I wish they'd build up that area by Shamu, there's like nothing over there.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Paradox wrote:
deere839 wrote:
No one listenz to bullshit peta

Then why is Sea World in such terrible condition?

The only reason PETA still exists is because the majority of the American population is too ignorant to do simple research and assumes everything on the internet is true. If people were smart enough to, I don't know, use common sense then they would realize that PETA is full of crap but like I said America is not the smartest country out there.

BTW nice shark picture on the front page (TTD?). :lol:

What shark? I don't see one. (Not even kidding)

Edit:
I was on mobile, that's why I couldn't see it. I actually didn't make this one :P
Assuming Oscar or mkingy did.

mkingy User avatar

LuckyK wrote:
mkingy wrote:
aj74205 wrote:

The difference is that it travels that full height during the circuit vs. Sitting on top of the structure like the High Roller did on The Stratosphere in Vegas.

I completely agree - much better point to make haha.
Coaster Count - 198

^Lol, thanks. It's true, of course. I suppose I just don't like the idea of the tallest coaster in the world being such a gaudy, kitschy mess. It could be an amazing ride if it ever comes to fruition, though (is it like Alan Schilke for S&S or Intamin or WTF?) .

For now I'm much more interested in what SeaWorld has up its sleeve.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
aj74205 wrote:

That is an inherent quality of all roller coasters...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

^How could it slip my mind that all roller coasters are attached to a 600' entertainment complex with a viewing platform and restaurant up top?

If "Mako" has a queue that is anything like Manta's, I can't wait to wait in the line haha. Freakin love sharks

Points on hand: 173.00 Points
I still will consider Kingda Ka the tallest coaster. Skyplex doesn't fall the full 500ft. If it did then that would be amazing, but it doesn't. Kingda Ka will still hold it in my book. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mkingy User avatar

MrBradferd wrote:
I still will consider Kingda Ka the tallest coaster. Skyplex doesn't fall the full 500ft. If it did then that would be amazing, but it doesn't. Kingda Ka will still hold it in my book. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would consider it to retain the biggest drop :P

Nonetheless - welcome to the forum!
Coaster Count - 198

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Welcome to our board! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Looks like a possible new name for the coaster or a new name for a old attraction

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
I hope I'm not the only one who thinks the name "Reef Hunter" sounds wrong, especially for a park that aims to promote the protection of the marine ecosystem.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

mkingy User avatar

AmatsuNL wrote:
I hope I'm not the only one who thinks the name "Reef Hunter" sounds wrong, especially for a park that aims to promote the protection of the marine ecosystem.

Agreed. You'd think they would naturally come up with something a little more sensitive given they're so committed and driven to such things...?!
Coaster Count - 198

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
SeaWorld failing to market something properly? Why am I not surprised...
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!