Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SeaWorld Orlando To Get A New Roller Coaster Called Mako

SeaWorld Orlando To Get A New Roller Coaster Called Mako

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Well, it looks like the announcement is tomorrow. I'm not sure when exactly they will unveil the ride, but I'm sure it will impress. By the way, Seaworld posted a teaser on twitter that confirms that the top speed will be 73mph.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
I'm quite curious on this one. We'll find out in the morning, but I'm wondering if it'll be Mack. Of all the companies SeaWorld Entertainment has tested the waters with in recent years (Intamin, Zierer, Mack, Premier), Mack is the only one they've gone back to so far.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Rip dreams of Intamin. B&M confirmed! Looks like a pretty interesting ending.

SeaWorld Orlando is upping the thrills in 2016. Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in Orlando. 200 feet high, 73 mph and a track that???s nearly a mile long. Mako is a hypercoaster, which means it???s all about speed, tight turns and that weightless feeling you get at the top of the hills.

mako1.jpg

mako2.jpg

mako3.jpg

mako4.jpg

mako5.jpg

>Inb4 CNN and PETA make propaganda against this.
Last edited by Paradox on May 27th, 2015, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Looks like a straight up airtime machine - should be pretty fun if its anything like Shambhala!

>inb4 fanboys complain about pe.... oh wait too late.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
LOL
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
>inb4 people complain that it's definitely going to be just another completely forceless B&M baby coaster with forces in the +0.5G ~ +1.5G range and 7-second long force and roll transitions.
Last edited by AmatsuNL on May 27th, 2015, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Inb4 people complain about lack of inversions and/or the fact that it isn't another giga.

Not surprised at all, we knew the name all along and I thought it would be a B&M, but I am impressed. They did a good job integrating the coaster with its surroundings, and the layout looks pretty nice, only a bit short. I consider this a mini- Shambhala because of its layout, and hopefully it's just as good, if not better. Looks like it's Florida's to get a long-awaited airtime machine
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I don't see its resemblance to Shambhala at all. I love the layout!! The first overbank looks massive, it's such a cool look next to the lift hill. I wonder what color scheme they will use--I spot three different ones. It's short because it's only 200 ft and I'm sure Sea World Inc had a slightly smaller budget. I'm betting the airtime is strong and since they used 4-across trains it could have really forceful banking like Fury. I'm sure B&M knows how well they did on Fury and I'm betting they will try to keep up their excellent ride experience delivery for their future mega/giga designs, such as this one.

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I like this roller coaster :) Air!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Surprised they didnt go with open air seating! Looks to be a nice addition to the park!
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Well, the animation is truly subpar, but to me this is a solid layout from B&M. The first overbank shows progression from Leviathan/Fury and is shaped more severely than those, plenty of airtime hills with a low speed hill thrown in, and also some interesting banks to finish off. Far from surprising, but not as formulaic as in the past either - and will almost without a doubt be my #1 in Orlando.

tiepilot35 wrote:
I don't see its resemblance to Shambhala at all. I love the layout!! The first overbank looks massive, it's such a cool look next to the lift hill. I wonder what color scheme they will use--I spot three different ones. It's short because it's only 200 ft and I'm sure Sea World Inc had a slightly smaller budget. I'm betting the airtime is strong and since they used 4-across trains it could have really forceful banking like Fury. I'm sure B&M knows how well they did on Fury and I'm betting they will try to keep up their excellent ride experience delivery for their future mega/giga designs, such as this one.

What I was implying was that both layouts are a bit "different" than your standard B&M out and back hyper in the same way, and both have MCBR's rather close to the end of the ride. I know this ride is significantly shorter, but even though Shambhala is ~5100 feet long it feels noticeably shorter than other hypers as well.
It's been a long time

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Anyone else find it interesting that the trains only have seven rows? I've never seen that before on a B&M hyper.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Here's a horrendously bad animated POV.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Perfect. That park is going to be *perfect* now. I'm definitely going back next summer with my mom to use up our free stay. Plus my mom is obsessed with Kraken and Manta so it won't be hard to convince her- especially with this huge awesome beast.

On my top 5 most anticipated for 2016.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
The second half of that video isn't good, but the first half is pretty legit. My money says that's accurate trackwork. You can see the details in the drop shaping, and also that flat on the hill after the turnaround where I'm sure they'll add a trim. Too good to not be real.

disregard disregard disregard
Last edited by GerstlCrazy on May 27th, 2015, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
I think his message is that the trackwork in the animation is likely quite accurate.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

The shaping in the animation is probably fairly accurate, but the way it paces and moves about the course is off. Definitely below the par set by Cedar Fair and Six Flags. A well-done NoLimits rendition would've been superior.

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points

Not bad for a rough draft!

^^Impressive! Too bad Seaworld parks never use 3DVIP for their animations, they would be 1000x better
It's been a long time

^No joke. It's interesting that several different color schemes are depicted in the concept art and animation, lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!