Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SeaWorld Orlando To Get A New Roller Coaster Called Mako

SeaWorld Orlando To Get A New Roller Coaster Called Mako

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 24th, 2015, 1:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

B&M hypers cost 20-30 million, and Intamin hypers can cost just as much depending on how large it is (usually intamin hypers cost slightly less than B&M's though) . I'm not sure how much a Mack costs, but it's possible given the chain's positive relationship with Mack.

@Paradox I've gotta agree; go out with style! :lol:
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post April 24th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
who was right

congrats on being right deere :lol:

with hashtag #nothingfaster 200' Shiekra at 70mph, should be a true hyper drop at least

Post April 24th, 2015, 8:00 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I really hope they don't get another forceless B&M hyper.

Gerstlauer infinity a la Karnan please!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post April 24th, 2015, 9:32 pm

^Excuse me? I don't mean to sound harsh, but people black out on Nitro's helix, and forget Goliath's. B&M does play with forces, but they do it extremely carefully and rarely.
It's been a long time

Post April 24th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Paradox User avatar

^Sorry about that. I'm talking about new gen B&M, not the old school hypers.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post April 24th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
B&M is going back to their roots I think. After riding Thunderbird, I think they're going back, that thing is the bees knees.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post April 25th, 2015, 8:59 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I'm pretty sure you haven't ridden a real old school B&M then. Yes, it's an improvement over recent years but I don't think a B&M renaissance is possible. The only reason they where that way was because they worked with Stengel but they stopped that and they won't be going back anytime soon. Even of the rides opining this year, Thunderbird almost has something that could be considered snappy, Fury has a very slight snap but if it was anymore they'd need to redesign the trains but besides those rides they're still rather boring. Oblivion barely seems to make it through the course, Acrobat is just a flyer clone so it's pretty forceless, and I'll wait for Baron because the banking seems promising.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post April 25th, 2015, 11:23 am

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Even of the rides opining this year, Thunderbird almost has something that could be considered snappy...

So when did you ride Thunderbird?

Post April 25th, 2015, 11:39 am

I didn't mean it was a bad ride or anything and it does have a little bit of a snap but it simply isn't as much as an old school ride. It'll still be a fun ride and all but it just can't touch inverts.
Snap: Skip to 1:24

No Snap: Skip to :46

Post April 25th, 2015, 12:04 pm

The difference is Thunderbird is a wing coaster, and Batman and its clones are Inverts. Totally different rides.

Post April 25th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Again, all I'm saying is it doesn't have the old school snappy intenseness.

Post April 25th, 2015, 1:23 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Wing Coasters also feel a lot more powerful than they look.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 25th, 2015, 2:01 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Yeah, you absolutely can not compare an invert zero g snap to a wingrider zero g. But I do agree that modern B&Ms are definitely less snappy and *slightly* less forceful. You should have compared Batman's zero g with Banshee's zero g to illustrate your point. The length of time Banshee is rolling is like almost hard to believe. Still an amazing coaster though. B&M never disappoints; I idolize their perfection in shaping and execution. Plus I actually enjoy being able to ride both generations of B&Ms when hopping from park to park.

Post April 25th, 2015, 2:27 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Turbo wrote:
Wing Coasters also feel a lot more powerful than they look.

I'm always surprised by Swarm's turnaround - its got a decent kick! The problem with comparing wingriders is you need longer lead ins to control the lats.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 25th, 2015, 5:56 pm

I think when manufactures started to leave Werner Stengel the results were at least slightly negative. I believe I305 was Intamin's first big coaster Stengel didn't design (It was designed by IntaRide, Intamin's U.S. division), and they made major error calculating the forces of the first flat turn and the friction of the wheels, meaning major changes to the ride were necessary. As for B&M's, when they left Stengel their rides started getting less intense, with slower, drawn out transitions. Still though, I think both manufactures got over it, and Skyrush, Leviathan, Thunderbird, and F325 are examples of forceful looking rides (especially Skyrush).
It's been a long time

Post April 25th, 2015, 6:03 pm

Really, I think Intamin is over confident and B&M just plays it too safe. I305 wasn't really a calculation error, just they discovered a problem that couldn't be calculated. The math said it was safe and would work fine but no one thought to calculate wheel heat. Not the first time either, Millennium, Goliath, and Titan all have problems and need wheels to be cooled. Same sort of thing with Maverick, the G's were fine but extremely uncomfortable.

Post April 26th, 2015, 2:50 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This is officially #1 on my list of of anticipateds for 2016, even before knowing the layout (and before most 2016 projects being authenticated, although that may change my list further down the line). Because I know B&M is going to do something awesome as f***. And like I said earlier, this is going to make SeaWorld a completely different dynamic. God damn. I cannot wait. Already making plans to visit next summer with my family ^___^

Edit** I don't know if this observation has been made yet because I haven't read any of your posts but we're looking at something similar to Goliath at SFOG. Almost all of the stats are the same. And that really really really works for me.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 26th, 2015, 6:07 am

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
If it's a B&M hyper I hope it is indeed similar to Goliath and hopefully with some more interesting elements a la Fury's turnaround. Is there any reason to believe it will be a B&M other than the fact the park has 2 existing B&M coasters? Very curious to see how this turns out, may need to do a FL trip in 2016.

Post April 26th, 2015, 9:02 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Anyone know the if the green track in the background is going somewhere else or possibly here

Post April 26th, 2015, 9:40 am
Paradox User avatar

It's too early to manufacture track that isn't going overseas.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post April 26th, 2015, 10:01 am

Still I think they want ahead start on it to open on time unlike temptesto and falcon fury

Post April 26th, 2015, 10:04 am
Paradox User avatar

Tempesto was on time and B&M's don't really have too many technical issues.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post April 26th, 2015, 10:05 am

I have a feeling they wanted temptesto to open with the park but they might want to get it open as soon as possible

Post April 26th, 2015, 11:22 am

deere839 wrote:
Anyone know the if the green track in the background is going somewhere else or possibly here

Yeah, it's too early for domestic parks to manufacture track. The red track is for a wingrider in China, and the green track is for the same ride, but it was primed and not painted yet.

I agree with GerstlCrazy. This ride could very well completely change Seaworld for the better, and since B&M has made some incredible rides in 2015 alone, if they are manufacturing this we know it will be fantastic.
It's been a long time

Post April 26th, 2015, 11:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!