Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFDK 2019 - BATMAN: The Ride: S&S 4D Free Spin

SFDK 2019 - BATMAN: The Ride: S&S 4D Free Spin

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Northern California's First 4D Free Fly Coaster!

Northern California's first 4D free fly coaster will be themed after one of the world's most iconic DC Super Heroes. Batman: The Ride will offer a fantastic, flipping weightless coaster experience featuring six free fly inversions.

A Fantastic 4D, Flipping, Weightless Coaster Experience

The most exciting new ride experience is coming in 2019. Batman: The Ride is a unique 4D free-fly coaster that features a tumbling, free-fall journey along an I-box track.

Head-Over-Heels Free Fly Flips

Riders experience a feeling of weightlessness as they flip continuously throughout the course of the ride with at least six head-over-heels inversions.

Soar Outside the Confines of a Traditional Track

Riders are suspended outward on either side of a massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame, on 4D wing vehicles.

12 Stories Tall

This 120-foot-tall coaster features a 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift.

Free-Falling Sensation

Experience a sensory-overload as riders flip and soar on a tumbling journey with unexpected drops and vertical free-falls.

One of the World's Most Iconic DC Super Heroes

An outstanding visual as this bright yellow and black two-tone coaster, representative of one of the world's most iconic DC Super Heroes, paints a new park landscape.

Source: https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingd ... newfor2019

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I???m actually excited. Haven???t been on one of these yet. SFDK is a 6ish hr car ride from me. So it gives me a reason to go back.

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
No one saw this coming, but it begs the question; when will Six Flags realize that they have no more expansion room in Discovery Kingdom and that they've been pouring $$$ that they could've spread out for years?
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

News Writer

Turns out only now a vote is being held on the final approval for SFDK's 2019 coaster:

https://www.timesheraldonline.com/2018/ ... r-coaster/

Don't be surprised is this ends up opening late in the year.

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah! The height limit is 150 feet, less in areas closer to the lake, which is why all the tall rides are on one side. WHy are they wasting precious space with a skywarp and this? How much space for coasters do they have left?
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Well then... this is again evidence of the inefficient Six Flags time management. I mean, red flags were waving everywhere; the Go Karts haven???t even been removed, nor have the parts for this ride shown up yet. I don???t understand how Cedar Fair always ends up getting their coasters ready for the park???s opening day, whereas Six Flags waits it out for some time.
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on April 22nd, 2019, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I wouldn't worry too much about this. Free spins only take a few months to build, so as long as the park starts construction in January I'd still say the chances of a Memorial Day opening are quite good. Unlike last year's addition, this is a stock model that has been proven at numerous other parks, so I don't foresee any unexpected delays this time around.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

News Writer

rcdude wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about this. Free spins only take a few months to build, so as long as the park starts construction in January I'd still say the chances of a Memorial Day opening are quite good. Unlike last year's addition, this is a stock model that has been proven at numerous other parks, so I don't foresee any unexpected delays this time around.

...and a quick update on this story, turns out SFDK has been given the green light to built the new coaster. It also turns out that the park had actually spent the time removing the go karts and clearing the site in preparation for construction:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12/05/ ... r-coaster/

So hopefully, its full steam ahead for construction to fully begin in January.

News Writer

BATMAN has now gone vertical:

Also, as part of new DC themed area, V2 is being repainted and rethemed into The Flash: Vertical Velocity:

Finally, here's the trailer for the new area:

Sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... date41719/

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... de_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... om_monday/

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!