Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFFT Announces Goliath, see page 2

SFFT Announces Goliath, see page 2

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 8th, 2007, 11:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Guess what guys...SFNO's BTR is all but officially confirmed for Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Trucks of peices have been showing up at Six Flags over the last week and we finally have some visual evidence of it...the pic is crappy, but I should be able to go take some high quality pics sometime VERY soon. Anyways:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/ ... ction=view?????????t=vutfvh.jpg

Other than various anonymous sources confirming the ressurection of Batman, an employee told me a few weeks ago that they were just told Fiesta Texas was getting "Batman from the closed Six Flags." I guess he was really right!

Woo! High g's and snappy corks for me!
Last edited by Jakizle on September 27th, 2007, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 9th, 2007, 1:50 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post August 9th, 2007, 2:22 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
SF's with a BTR
1. SFMM
2. SFGAdv
3. SFGam
4. SFStl
5. SFOT
6. SFOG

SF's without a BTR
1. SFDK
2. SFFT
3. SFEG
4. SFA
5. SFKK
6. SFNE

Perfect split

Post August 9th, 2007, 2:27 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Except you forgot SFA on your second list. SFMW is SFDK or something now, and SFDL is no longer a Six Flags park.

Just realized that despite the lack of the Six Flags name, SF purchased La Ronde in 2001, and they have a Batman clone there. Uneven! Unless we missed something, or unless you consider the name Vampire to make it not a Batman, even though it's the same layout.

Post August 9th, 2007, 2:59 am

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Perfect park for it. SFFT just gets better and better.

Post August 9th, 2007, 3:03 am

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by dcs221

Except you forgot SFA on your second list. SFMW is SFDK or something now, and SFDL is no longer a Six Flags park.

Just realized that despite the lack of the Six Flags name, SF purchased La Ronde in 2001, and they have a Batman clone there. Uneven! Unless we missed something, or unless you consider the name Vampire to make it not a Batman, even though it's the same layout.

Less cars per train. More forceful, same layout, different experience.

Post August 9th, 2007, 3:39 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Generally less cars means less weight, less weight = less momentum, less momentum = less speed as the ride progresses. If that one's more intense, the difference is in wheel friction or something like that, and in all probability not train length.

Post August 9th, 2007, 10:48 am

B:TR is a perfect fit. There's so many reasons why but I don't have to patience to sit here and type them all out, heh.

It also appears that the track is being stored INSIDE the park, not just on the grounds, and in the same location as where SKC's track was stored. This is getting really interesting! I guess now the only thing is "Where will the ride be built?"

Post August 9th, 2007, 11:05 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

A solid addition to SFFT! Despite there being many B:TR clones, it is still a great, forceful ride. If only more B&M's were like that...sigh.

Post August 9th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,878.00 Points
I'm glad they're finally doing something with this ride, rather then letting it sit back at SFNO and rust.

Post August 9th, 2007, 10:51 pm

Plenty of pics of track, supports, catwalks, and mechanical parts are in...I'll link to more later.

http://sfftnet.com/forums/showpost.php? ... tcount=121

Post August 9th, 2007, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I never had a good impression towards the B:TR clones. However, I've never heard anything about them nor have I ever ridden them, but it looks like some good things are being said about it...

I'm very happy to see FT expanding so much these years...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 9th, 2007, 11:22 pm

lol, they pull 4.5 g's a few times and are as snappy as hell man...go ride one! The pacing is nuts...Garrett said something very interesting to me the other day-

If there was just ONE BTR and it was in like Cedar Point or something and themed really well he thinks it would be up there along the lines with nemesis...the rides are pretty similar and both pull the crazy forces and everything.

Post August 10th, 2007, 11:54 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

If there was just ONE BTR and it was in like Cedar Point or something and themed really well he thinks it would be up there along the lines with nemesis...the rides are pretty similar and both pull the crazy forces and everything.

That would probably be true [:)] Not necessarily Cedar Point, but if it was nicely themed and only one, it would certainly be a very high rated inverted.

I guess this is very good news for the park. They are getting a B&M inverted, just one year after their last coaster. The only disappointing thing is that they don't get a new custom designed ride that uses the rocks again. But I don't know if it is even possible to add anything more in that part of the park?
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 10th, 2007, 1:13 pm

Yes I did say that, lol. Honestly this ride is fantastic, people are so blinded by the fact that its overproduced that they judge before they even ride it. Its got a truly INCREDIBLE, action packed, unique, layout for samething so small. Its just as good as any of the other inverts people go crazy for like Nemesis, or Black Mamba.

Post August 10th, 2007, 3:39 pm

SFFT has plenty of room for unique attractions, just not clones. It just happens that BTR fits in a few places. But if FT wanted to add a custom coaster, there are numerous spots one could be placed...like around Superman, on top of the cliffs (yeah right), behind RRE and the water park, in the picnic grove, to the right of THBS, by the waterfalls, ect.

Post August 10th, 2007, 4:37 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
yeah, but why a good custom, if you can get a good clone *for free*, so to speak

Post August 10th, 2007, 5:14 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Well... it's more like you only have to pay for shipping and labor instead of shipping, design, manufacturing, and labor.

Reguardless... this is a cheap but solid move on Six Flags part and I'm sure it will complement the park well. Plus who knows what kind of detail they'll put in the theming. Hopefully something up to par with the older Batman replications.[:)]

Post August 10th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Hopefully their not building it in that parking lot.

Post August 10th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Well the combination of my boredom and love for SFFT has led me to created 2 diagrams showing off a possible location for Batman/Goliath/whatever they want to call it. Thanks for Keith at SFFT for providing the sattelite pic with the BTR layout outline. 2nd pic comes from LonestarThrills.com.

Thoughts?

Post August 10th, 2007, 5:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,649.00 Points

Post August 10th, 2007, 6:02 pm

^WTF? SFNE has a floorless named Batman : The Dark Knight, and it's not like it's the only Batman coaster.

Post August 10th, 2007, 7:50 pm

In response to the 2nd pic... How cool would it be if they sent the lift up onto that little cliff, and dropped off of it... I mean its the same layout, but they'd edit some supports... I think it'd be cool.

Post September 27th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Yay so SFFT announced the ride today!

It will run under the name of Goliath and will be located at the front of the park (Over the picnic grove, not parking lot!). The colors will be blue track, yellow supports, orange, blue, and yellow trains.

All I care is:

Another kick ass coaster for my home park!

http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/inf ... liath.aspx

Post September 27th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!