Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFMM 2019 - West Coast Racers: Premier Quadruple Launch

SFMM 2019 - West Coast Racers: Premier Quadruple Launch

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Traintastic26 wrote:
Looks like West Coast Racers is the name for Magic Mountains 2019 coaster. It also seems like this will be a dueling coaster:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... next_year/

I am SUPER skeptical of that thread. SF seems to be buying flats in bulk that then arrive in waves to parks that last around 2-3 years. The current "wave" is tourbillions and these giant swingy things, so given that they already have a tourbillion that leaves only one option. The previous "wave" was the larsen loops and starflyers.

All of the predictions from the supposed leaker aside from SFNE's and SFOG's are rumors from [name of park here's forum]. SFOG's is an industry trend-based guess, and where is the Georgia Scorcher closing announcement? Apocalypse had one.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
New rumour from Screamscape

(8/27/18) I'm not sure how legit this rumor is, but according to the latest word sent my way the new coaster coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain may not be S&S or Mack at all... but would you believe an... RMC? I'm really not sure if this kind of thing would be happening so soon, but the source of this rumor claims it will be the first RMC Raptor coaster that will also feature dual launches and essentially act like a mini steel version of Twisted Colossus that would send the riders around a second time on a second section of track for racing/dueling action that would include interlocking Dive Loops and Immelmans and a section that looks similar to the much photographed inversions of Twisted Colossus where the one track rolled over into an inversion right over the top of the other.
The official announcement are coming later this week, so stay tuned!

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... untain.htm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ That is such a stupid idea, they may just do it. I feel like we are making a competition this year on the most outrageous predictions we can come up with. First with the RMC son of beast, and now this stuff.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
Idk what to think anymore. Dualing raptors would be cool. Honestly just a raptor would be cool.
Guess we???ll find out in two days?

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
It's a dueling Premier Rides launch coaster. It's literally a sequel to Full Throttle, only bigger and badder.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Hey everyone,

If anyone sees what looks like a leaked layout for SFMM's coaster, please disregard it. I made that over the weekend and shared it with a group of friends this morning. Unfortunately, after Premier's tweet earlier someone misinterpreted it as legitimate and shared it on reddit against my wishes. While it is based on some educated guesswork, I have no idea how close it may be to what is actually being built.

Apologies if anyone gets their hopes up only to be disappointed, though it would be something if the actual ride is anything close.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Premier is making statuses on their Facebook about thinking outside the box, which is not normal for them (making Facebook statuses suggesting future projects, that is). Full Throttle is wonderful and reliable. I wouldn't be surprised if they have Premier designing this.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
Will the ride be announced today or tomorrow (I read somewhere that it should be announced today)?
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
'Wonderful' and 'Full Throttle' are two phrases that do not belong in the same sentence.
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

^
I would say they do. GP agrees too.
Tonight at 9pm I think.

Final guesses? Place your bets lol
My final guess is no dualing. But a single launch coaster by premier.
But honestly I have no idea. Would love a RMC trex but seems more unlikely the more I look into it.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Premier quadruple launch called West Coast Racers! It has comfort collars unfortunately.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
dumb ride
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Looks like Six Flags finally decided to build the other part of Full Throttle, but then got the idea to double it to let it race and break a record

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
It looks like they decided to make a ride that fit right in that crack where it's too intense to be a family coaster, but not intesnse enough to be a true thrill coaster. Does look fun though, and the theme is actually pretty cool as far as Six Flags goes. Looks like a fun addition imo

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Full details:

World???s First Racing Launch Coaster

West Coast Racers is a one-of-a-kind racing coaster that will feature two side-by-side tracks with four individual high-speed launches. The race covers two complete laps, multiple airtime hills, extreme high-banked turns and exhilarating over/under near misses. A highlight of the ride is an immersive real time ???pit stop??? designed and produced by world famous West Coast Customs that will provide riders with a racing experience unlike any other.

West Coast Customs-style

Sleek coaster cards designed by West Coast Customs for this unprecedented new ride.

One-of-a-kind Racing Launch Coaster

Riders will experience four record-breaking, magnetic launches, including a side-by-side first and second race launch.

Record Breaking 20th Coaster

Side-by-side airtime hills and overbanked turns with speeds up to 55 mph as riders cross the finish line.

Pit Stop

Narrated by West Coast Customs Founder and CEO, Ryan Friedlinghaus, the Pit Stop occurs between the two laps and provides riders an exclusive inside look into the West Coast Customs shop, before racing a new train.

New Themed Area

West Coast Racers will be located in a new LA-centric urban-themed area where guests will enjoy a high-energy street vibe. Currently located in this area is the popular wooden coaster, Apocalypse, and the Cyclone 500 Go Karts. New dining, games and retail locations will be added to complete the area renovation.

Source: https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/ ... newfor2019

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I don't think it's what most of us wanted, myself included, but this actually fills an open niche in the SFMM coaster lineup nicely. And I'd rather have this than see the "Viper removed for a B&M dive coaster" rumors come true.

But WTF is with the OTSRs on this ride? Can't wait to hear the station speil try to spin it as theming that shouts, "...and pull down on your racing harness and get ready to goooooooooooo!!!"

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
^Well, they got those elaborate seatbelts on the real things.

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,208.00 Points
It cant be the world's first racing launched coaster; wasn't Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World the first one?
Last edited by skyscraper on August 31st, 2018, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyscraper wrote:
It cant be the world's first racing launced coaster; wasn't Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari World the first one?

Yes, Six Flags screwed up

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

Kinda disappointed. I???m sure the ride will be fun, it???s just a weird fit. Regardless the ride will look great. A big question I have is on apocalypse. Is it really gonna keep its theme? I would thought they change it for the new area, but I guess not.

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
While not a top tier coaster, this ride still looks pretty good, and it fits in as an "all audiences" coaster at SFMM. My main concern is marketability, as this coaster doesn't bring anything new to the park since it essentially combines the best elements of Full Throttle and Twisted Colossus into a single ride. Perhaps it will be a surprise hit, but I unfortunately see it as a ride that will likely be popular for the first year and then guests will lose interest. That said, if Six Flags drops another one of these into a different park in 2020 (especially SFGAdv/SFNE), it would probably be an enormous hit there.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
They marketed it too hard.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I think it's a solid addition to an otherwise lacking area!

Since Deja Vu and the lapse from Terminator to Apocalypse, that area of the park certainly felt like it was just uncared for. I rarely saw heavy foot traffic there as everyone usually took the other side of the loop where the blockbuster line-ups were. This should really help space out the park's attendance.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!