Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets SFMM 4/23 - One more quick question.

SFMM 4/23 - One more quick question.

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post April 8th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,417.00 Points
I'm planning a trip to SFMM on the 23rd of April, a Monday. Considering as I rarely get opportunities to go to theme parks at all, I really want to make the best of this trip. I'll be there for 5 hours, getting there at opening. What would the crowds be like on a day like this? Also, what rides should I hit up first that tend to fill up fast? I'm going to try to hit X2 and Tatsu first, but other then do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks a ton for your help, I really appreciate it. I just want to make the best of this trip!
Last edited by SFMMMan17 on April 15th, 2012, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 8th, 2012, 3:34 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

It's on a Monday, Spring break will be over, kids will be at school, adults at work, park should be quite empty. Head towards X2 and get it out the way, then head on over to Tatsu, if it's too long, walk back over to Apocalypse and do the rides back there, Goldrusher, Riddler's Revenge, Batman, Scream, Goliath, then come around to Tatsu. 5 hours should be plenty of time if there's no crowd there, which there shouldn't be any.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 8th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Perfect, just what I was hoping! :) I figured the combo of monday + spring break just ending would make the park empty since hopefully everyone went during spring break. Also, my sister and I love thrill rides but my mom and brother, not so much. I've only been to SFMM once and it was five years ago so I don't remember much about what else the park had to offer, so what would you suggest for them to do? My mom just recovered from vertigo, so any rides/waterpark are out of the question. Any shows or things of the sort?

Post April 8th, 2012, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Man I wish I could join you, but I live in Ohio. :(
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post April 8th, 2012, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,015.00 Points

Post April 8th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Haha I rode it the last time I went, not at the top of my priorities but it is a great ride!

Post April 15th, 2012, 4:48 pm

So I have one more quick question. I've read several trip reports that suggest heading counter-clockwise starting with Goliath, Scream etc. and being able to get several re-ride on each before heading up to Gotham, Apocalypse, and then heading to Viper/X2/Tatsu near the end of the day, like 2-3ish for me. Considering crowds should be extremely light, would doing Tatsu and X2 around 2-3 work out alright for me? I think I'd benefit most from the trip getting re-rides on the other major rides other than just rushing to Tatsu and X2 like everyone else is. Thanks for the input! :)

Post April 15th, 2012, 6:07 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

dont ride viper until after 2 pm . it"s a TRAP ! it's a great ride with a long wait in the morning and early afternoon.. and then magically , on almost any day it's a walk on .

Post April 15th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Last time I went to SFMM I went on Viper first thing, 10 min wait. :)

Return to Theme Park Meets