Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFNO Finally Re-opening?

SFNO Finally Re-opening?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 28th, 2011, 2:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
According to Coaster-Net's Facebook page, bids are being taken for the property, and multiple bidders would plan to keep a park on the site.

http://coaster-net.com/news/1652-bids-c ... eans-site/

Post November 28th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Probably to take everything down and use it for something else.

Everything is a loss there. The cost to bring it all back would require incredible funding. Not sure it would be worth it.

Post November 28th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Well, it certainly wouldn't be the SFNO we all remember, but the land itself seems like a decent enough location to house a brand spanking new amusement park. Wouldn't cost much more than simply buying undeveloped land and turning it into a park.

Post November 28th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Points on hand: 542.00 Points
Or... Six Flags can keep it and rebuild!

But I feel as though a theme park won't stay there. Especially the "Green Amusement Parks."
Progressive Rock Band "Castles"
http://castlesnj.bandcamp.com/

Post November 28th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,233.00 Points
Have you not heard about the new park? Read here for info: http://www.sscoasters.net/forum/f21/six ... post311990

Supposedly construction starts December 2011
Don't underestimate the power of Knex

Post November 28th, 2011, 9:05 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Yea, dont get your hopes up on that. Remember the team that wanted to "save" the Big Dipper @ GL? That failed due to lack of investors and bad planing. I highly doubt they will get enough investors especially given the location of the property and the state of America's economy. I dont think SFNO will ever re-open as a park. The power plant though, that might been better for the area

Post November 28th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
^They actually had all the money.... they failed because Robb Alvey trashed the campaign. The owner refused to give them the ride because of what that douchebag told them.
American Eagle Lover

Post November 28th, 2011, 9:56 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Post November 28th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Originally posted by HZKoasters

Or... Six Flags can keep it and rebuild!

But I feel as though a theme park won't stay there. Especially the "Green Amusement Parks."

SIX FLAGS never owned it, it was the city of new orleans that leased it to them

but i would love it if they turned it into a new theme park with otels and more thrill coasters :) [peakhill]

Post November 29th, 2011, 5:01 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Tetsu

^ Not to sound like a jerk but, prove that.

what he said.

Post November 29th, 2011, 11:02 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Jonny Richey

^They actually had all the money.... they failed because Robb Alvey trashed the campaign. The owner refused to give them the ride because of what that douchebag told them.

I pretty seriously doubt that. Highly recommend you don't go down that road at all.

Also as mentioned before, prove it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 29th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Johnny Richey has no idea what he's talking about.

Post November 29th, 2011, 2:11 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Jakizle

Johnny Richey has no idea what he's talking about ever and should not believe rumor mills created by 14 year olds.

Is fixed now

Post November 29th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

Johnny Richey has no idea what he's talking about.

Far from news.

I think Mega Zeph looks like a good wooden roller coaster, but I think I would agree with Real's post. Probably not a lot of chance to salvage the situation.

Post November 29th, 2011, 8:36 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

One of the bids is for a nuclear powerplant. Between Japan having the serious issues with theirs, and this locations proven to be history with floods and hurricane's, lets hope for NO's sake they don't accept that bid.

Post November 29th, 2011, 8:51 pm

The Robb Alvey telling them false information part was from talking to people who are close friends with the group that tried to save it.

The part about the owner refusing to give them the ride was from their own "save the big dipper" .org web site.
American Eagle Lover

Post November 29th, 2011, 9:19 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

The Robb Alvey telling them false information part was from talking to people who are close friends with the group that tried to save it.

And these people are? The false information is?
The part about the owner refusing to give them the ride was from their own "save the big dipper" .org web site.

Who is them? Can you show this happened? etc.

You're a 9/11 conspiracy person aren't you?

Post November 29th, 2011, 9:35 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Originally posted by CoasterkidmwmYou're a 9/11 conspiracy person aren't you?

But I mean we all know that Bush sabotaged the World Trade Center for publicity and propaganda, obviously.

Right?

Post November 29th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post November 29th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post November 30th, 2011, 12:19 am

http://www.savethebigdipper.org/

"At the end of September, we made an agreement with the owners of the Big Dipper to purchase the ride. We sent them a down payment, with the agreement that the rest of the money would be paid after paperwork had been completed showing the legal transfer between the two parties. After the owners received the down payment, we were declared, both publicly and privately, to be the new owners. It has been our belief since that day that we were indeed the owners of the coaster. It was announced, by the owner, Mr Woosnam, to the news media in Cleveland, that we had taken ownership of the coaster as of September 30th. Since that day, I have attempted numerous times to get the legal documentation from him that I had been requesting. I was not willing to send any additional funds until this paperwork was completed. In the meantime, I was working diligently toward finding a new location for the Dipper, securing private funding, and anything else I could do until the project was able to move forward.

By the end of October, I still had not received the paperwork I had been requesting and began the process of preparing, under legal guidance, my own documents that would only need a signature from him. In mid-November, Mr Woosnam contacted us, demanding the rest of the payment, in full, which was in breach of our previously agreed upon agreements and deadlines. He then severed all communication with Harold and myself, refusing to respond to my emails and demands for documentation before further payment or to a renegotiation of sale terms if that was what he wished.

In light of these developments, I sought legal assistance from a lawyer specializing in property law. I was advised that Mr Woosnam was indeed in breach of our sale agreement, and that we had two options: Accept the breach and demand a return of our money, or take him to court and demand the enforcement of our agreement. After much discussion and deliberation, we decided that the first option was the best one, as we felt that even under the direction of a court, we did not stand much chance of succeeding in the enforcement of the agreement. We contacted Mr Woosnam with this decision. He has refused to respond to our attempts to contact him and ignored our demand to return the down payment.

We are still balancing in the middle of a legal battle at this point. Mr Woosnam still holds the money we sent to secure the ownership of the coaster. Lacking the sale documentation that I had requested numerous times, it is questionable as to whom the ownership falls, though as the payment had not been in full, as per our agreement, it is likely that it resides with him still, despite his claims to the transfer in September. If we were to pursue this matter legally, it would be up to a court to decide. However, based on our past interactions, we have decided we will not pursue it legally and will give up any claim to ownership as soon as the money we paid is returned.

It has now been over a month since we demanded the return of our down payment and we are seeking legal assistance in getting it back, as Mr Woosnam has ignored all communication and ignored all demands to repayment.

It is unfortunate that his decision to break the agreement by refusing to submit documentation and arbitrarily changing the payment deadline has meant an end for a project that was progressing well. A relocation venue had been secured, a relocation company had been hired and a large portion of the money needed for the relocation had been secured through private funding. We were only waiting on the paperwork to move ahead and were within weeks of making an announcement.

"
American Eagle Lover

Post November 30th, 2011, 12:46 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

^ Uh-huh. Sure they did. Sure they did. That whole thing was so full of crap it was coming out of my PCs monitor.

Post November 30th, 2011, 10:14 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

http://www.savethebigdipper.org/

"At the end of September, we made an agreement with the owners of the Big Dipper to purchase the ride. Blah de blah de blah for 19 more paragraphs"

Answer the question directly instead of quoting something useless and relying on talking points as a crutch like a like a borderline retarded Bible thumping GOP candidate. That doesn't answer anything.

You're either full of crap or stupid at this point. Pick one.

Post November 30th, 2011, 6:55 pm

I gave you the simple answer, and you asked for proof.
American Eagle Lover

Post November 30th, 2011, 8:01 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

God damn it to hell you're so dumb

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!