Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Should I finish it ?

Should I finish it ?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post November 1st, 2013, 8:05 am

Points on hand: 187.00 Points
Hi,

Im new to Newton and making coasters in general. After a long time i finaly figured out how Newton2 works and I decided to make a whole coaster in it. Now i dont know if its good enaugh to finish it and upload it on the exchange. so please could someone tell me if its worth the work and finish it or give tips to help me make better coasters.

Image Insert:
298.51 KB

Download Attachment: [img]icon_disk.gif[/img] Newton2 Coaster fips5.nltrack
36.26 KB

Post November 1st, 2013, 9:56 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
That drop is way too steep (dangerous negative G spike) and the lift should be a little straighter. I would suggest making it less steep but still beyond vertical, tho the catch would be having to redo everything afterward.
Being 'Newtony' is to be expected for anyone new to Newton. In my opinion, the default look of ***tic/quartic transitions look kinda ugly and make inversions look kinda flat at the top, particularly if you want hang time.
Some general tips:
-Try not to let Newton do your thinking for you. Remember that smoothness isn't the only aspect of trackwork that the more knowledgeable members here take into account.
-If you use any real coasters as inspiration, look at photos and/or POV's. For example, Euro-fighters should probably use more circular looking loops with some hang time at the top.
-You realize that the lift isn't perfectly straight?
-I found that the more positive G's exerted during a banking transition, the more difficult it is to control/shape properly.
I am not as much of a shaping/style critic as some other members.

Return to No Limits Coaster