Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Silverwood to get D??????j????? Vu

Silverwood to get D??????j????? Vu

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking ... p?ID=13295

Silverwood Theme Park??????s newest roller coaster will make others at the park near Athol look like ??????Tinker Toys.??????

It will be twice as tall as the park??????s tallest roller coaster and take riders skyward at a 90-degree angle, down a 177-foot drop, through two loops and then climb again before dropping riders to do the whole thing again backward.

??????It will truly be a thrill ride unlike anyone in the northwest has ever seen,?????? Promotions Manager Layne Pitcher said today as plans to purchase the park??????s ??????largest and most expensive attraction ever?????? were unveiled.

The roller coaster is being purchased from Six Flags Great America in Illinois and will be reassembled at Silverwood and open by July, Silverwood spokeswoman Nancy DiGiammarco said.

Installation alone is expected to cost more than $3 million.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Dejavu is a FUNNNNN ride. I hope they make it operate at its potential.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:38 pm

I hope they can too. As much as some people bash Vekoma for it, I think it looks like an awesome concept. It will certainly be a great addition to the park.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

As much as I have my doubts because I waited almost a whole season for it to operate here, I hope they do get it up and running as projected. I will miss it and I hope another park gives it the TLC it deserves.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:51 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

awesome, i plan to go there sometime this spring.. hopefully it will draw some of the crowds away from the good rides!

Post January 23rd, 2008, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 813.00 Points
oh no. Im so sad now. Thats leaving the park where i work at. That was the park's best coaster. Im so sad now. I wonder whats going in it's spot. This season i hope there isnt just going to be a void in that area. Oh well. Im over it. If the rumors are true then bring on the dive machine.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 9:10 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Post January 23rd, 2008, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,754.00 Points

Post January 23rd, 2008, 9:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points
Nooooooooooo why did they have to take our deja vu I hope this means we will get a new a good coaster at Six Flags Great America now im in a poopy mood[V]

Post January 23rd, 2008, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

^We are already getting that new Dark Knight coaster.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 10:30 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by wynnm516

oh no. Im so sad now. Thats leaving the park where i work at. That was the park's best coaster. Im so sad now. I wonder whats going in it's spot. This season i hope there isnt just going to be a void in that area. Oh well. Im over it. If the rumors are true then bring on the dive machine.
[stoning]
the eagle may have gotten rough, and is pretty boring from the helix on.. but i can't belive youd suggest for even a split second that dejavu was the best coaster there....i'm not even going to mention the other coasters there..[stoning]

Post January 23rd, 2008, 10:39 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

they're having a contest to name it. Considering it's history, I suggest "The Little Engine That Could".

Aproaching the second tower, the riders can chant " I think I'll catch! I think I'll catch!"

Post January 23rd, 2008, 10:46 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

hey, i know.. they can call it "deja vu" as in.. "i could swear i've seen this over and over again before"..

Post January 23rd, 2008, 11:47 pm

Originally posted by jayman

awesome, i plan to go there sometime this spring.. hopefully it will draw some of the crowds away from the good rides!

Amen, brotha!

Post January 23rd, 2008, 11:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

man that sucks... i really like that ride and SFGAm is my home park!!! its sad to see deja vu go... im gonna miss waiting 2 hrs for it (because it was TOTALLY worth it! [;)] )

[:(][:(][:(]

Post January 23rd, 2008, 11:54 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

haha..
i rode a daja vu at magic mountain.. fun ride.. but a total waste of money!
they coulda spent the money on other things.. in silverwood's case, i can see why it's a good idea..

Post January 23rd, 2008, 11:57 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by coasterking1993

man that sucks... i really like that ride and SFGAm is my home park!!! its sad to see deja vu go... im gonna miss waiting 2 hrs for it (because it was TOTALLY worth it! [;)] )

[:(][:(][:(]
wait.. you actually spent 2 hours out of a day at great america waiting for deja vu??????????? well ok.. i did too.. ONCE and it was NOT worth even half that!

Post January 24th, 2008, 12:38 am

Points on hand: 813.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

Originally posted by wynnm516

[stoning]
the eagle may have gotten rough, and is pretty boring from the helix on.. but i can't belive youd suggest for even a split second that dejavu was the best coaster there....i'm not even going to mention the other coasters there..[stoning]

I had a very special bond with that ride. I rode it like 7 times in a row one night. And the treads or whatever you call it was coming off of the ride wheels. That ride coulve killed me so thats why its my favorite.

That ride was fun. All the other rides were good but Vu was the one that stood out. Plus this was its best season. Not that many miscatches and retractions or emergency unloads like previous seasons. You have to give this ride some credit. It was in my opinion a really good coaster.

Post January 24th, 2008, 1:11 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Deja Vu was siiick the few times I rode it. Back row had some really amazing moments. Glad I was able to ride when I went in 2005, because I don't live close to there at all, so that was my only chance.

Long as they can get it running relatively consistently, I think it'll be a good ride for that park from what I can tell. It's very different from the woodies, plus it's tall and exciting. It'll definately stand out and I guess will make the park stand out a little more, which I'm sure is what they want.

Post January 24th, 2008, 1:44 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

heck yeah.. i'll be riding two great woodies over and over while everyone is waiting in line for it.. and if it breaks down.. they''l be even longer out of my line.. mwauahh hahah. they'll all be waiting for it to start up again and i'm gonna be having fun!

Post January 24th, 2008, 2:39 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Deja Vu is a seriously intense ride (I wouldn't say rough, just intense). And considering it's location, it's going to be a brand new experience all together for most people attending the theme park.

But I think they could have done better, and I'm thinking Deja Vu might be a little tall for the park? We'll see though.

Post January 24th, 2008, 3:22 am

Points on hand: 107.00 Points
D?????????j????????? vu was open when I got to SFGAm last summer and it was a really cool ride. Not rough (for a vekoma) and pretty intense. But the two main problems I see with it are his reliability and his train! This damn train is very badly engineered if you are not on the sides the view is totally ruined and it kinda sucks. Other than that I enjoyed the ride.

Post January 24th, 2008, 2:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

I think its a pretty good move for Silverwood, as long as they ensure they maintain it well. Two vertical drops, suspended, inverts you 6 times, forward and backwards. Not many rides sound THAT good on paper, so this has great pulling power for a smaller park! Hope they paint it though.

I SO want to go and ride Stunt fall. They do look really interesting rides.

Post January 24th, 2008, 2:40 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Shockwave was the best ride there. Now it's Whizzer, Eagle's drop in the back seat (train bounces down the hill so it's like a quadruple dip) and Raging Bull's drop in the back.

Post January 24th, 2008, 3:02 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

It't good to see that they're not getting scrapped, but then aigain, I never rode one.

Some people love them and some hate them, To me it seems a great thrill but we'll have to see when I eventually ride one.

It is kinda funny to see such a small park with a coaster this big.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!