Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2015 - Batman The Ride 4D Coaster

Six Flags Fiesta Texas 2015 - Batman The Ride 4D Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
Since we're on the the topic of supports, I was wondering, how exactly do they calculate whether the supports can hold up everything or not?

You determine the forces within the the support, and then you determine whether the support cross section has the capacity to resist these loads. Obviously there's a lot more detail to it but I'd rather not bog down the topic with a tonne of engineering stuff.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 29th, 2014, 10:36 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Turbo wrote:
Turbo wrote:
S&S free spin 4D

gg guys, I can sleep easy tonight.

Have a good night :lol:

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Helo9797 wrote:
Can someone explain the 4D? Its a world first S&S, that part is cool, I'm intrested in how this coaster compares to Green Lantern, but the 4D?
Where's the 4D?

It's right below the 5th Dimension, right in...

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Helo9797 wrote:
Can someone explain the 4D? Its a world first S&S, that part is cool, I'm intrested in how this coaster compares to Green Lantern, but the 4D?
Where's the 4D?

It's right below the 5th Dimension, right in...

Been on the ride so many times, that the song started playing in my head when I finished reading the sentence :lol:

The show is almost as good. But living it is way better. :lol:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

An update!

batman.jpg

Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 2.32.47 PM.png

Things are starting to move very quickly at Six Flags Fiesta Texas with regard to Batman The Ride construction. The compact roller coaster doesn't require footers spread across many acres like some rides, making the progress zip right along. The park released this photo of the work site taken from high above, giving us a nice look at the positioning of the 4D Free Spin coaster.

Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 2.38.25 PM.png

You can compare the above image to this aerial of the section of the park where Batman will reside. The coaster replaces a car ride and will utilize the buildings on the far left as the queue entrance.

Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 2.38.46 PM.png

Back down on the ground, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is happy to show off more of the completed footings. Some of them are really massive - compare them to the people standing in the background to see what I mean!

Screen shot 2015-02-14 at 2.39.04 PM.png

It also appears as though most - if not all - of the track and supports for the new ride have arrived on site at the park. These bright yellow pieces are the track rails that the cars will fly on.

As part of the ongoing promotion of Batman The Ride, a new point of view animation video was released last week. It makes me a bit dizzy to think of how these spins would make me feel! Check out the video on the park's Facebook page.
credit newsplusnotes

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
I'm surprised this coaster hasn't been getting that much attention because it really looks awesome. Flipping + Those Drops = Amazing. :D

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I think there is concern it will end up like Green Lantern at SFMM.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
This could be the sleeper ride of the season. You can see from the animation that this will ride much different than GL.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

FUN FACT: In case you didn't know RMC is manufacturing the track. :lol:
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

^
I was thinking the same thing :lol:

How many of you have actually been on GL?
Its painful, and somewhat neutered, but occasionally you get a really good ride in and it an experience that nothing can match.
I'm scared Batman might feel TOO controlled, and not that out of control change in direction feeling that GL has.
They seem like they might come out to be different experiences.

Helo9797 wrote:
^

Its painful, and somewhat neutered, but occasionally you get a really good ride in and it an experience that nothing can match.
I'm scared Batman might feel TOO controlled, and not that out of control change in direction feeling that GL has.

Alan Schilke was talking about how he designed it so that it would be controlled, but you and a friend can also try and get it spin more than once.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Helo9797 wrote:
^

I have. The first ride was really painful, but I did it again and it was awesome. I was legit scared on some of those roles. Definitely a unique experience!

Yeah, if you have tender shoulders, get ready for a world of hurt on Green Lantern. Those transitions as the cars drop can be brutal. Personally, I think the ride is awesome, But it's much more extreme than it looks. I'm actually surprised a US park even took a chance on one of these Intamins. They seem more suited to parks with less regulations and potential lawsuits.

I have to give SFMM credit for adding a ride like this. It's not for everyone that's for sure.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
What do people hate about GL anyway. It looks like it would be fun from the POV's I've seen.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
What do people hate about GL anyway. It looks like it would be fun from the POV's I've seen.

Nah. Insane at Gr??????na Lund is much better.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
It's also an exact clone, how is GL so much worse.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:

The operations at SFMM are terrible. They make sure the train is balanced which keeps it from flipping. On Insane they unbalance it on purpose so it flips.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Best spinning on the Insane model is a 5/1 weight ratio. You spin like a freaking horizontal tornado.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox wrote:
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:

The operations at SFMM are terrible. They make sure the train is balanced which keeps it from flipping. On Insane they unbalance it on purpose so it flips.

Not true. They let us ride unbalanced on Insane for a coaster event. My last ride on Insane was identical to Green Lantern, as they balanced every train.

Manic Monte wrote:
Yeah, if you have tender shoulders, get ready for a world of hurt on Green Lantern. Those transitions as the cars drop can be brutal. Personally, I think the ride is awesome, But it's much more extreme than it looks. I'm actually surprised a US park even took a chance on one of these Intamins. They seem more suited to parks with less regulations and potential lawsuits.

I have to give SFMM credit for adding a ride like this. It's not for everyone that's for sure.

Your right..
they neutered Goliath(SFMM) because it was too intense, I was also surprised that GL is a coaster in sfmm, being how intense it is.
I I, a coaster enthusiast thinks the ride is painful and insane, then how does the GP think? :lol:

^ Green Lantern is one of those rides I love to just sit and watch. I did the same at grona lund. I love watching the public reaction coming off the ride. Very mixed reactions, from laughter to people saying it was terrible, very much like enthusiasts reactions. Sandor and co were smoking some serious crack when they came up with this concept. lol

Back to Batman. This version is going to blow the Intamin version out of the water. Instead of diving head first into the restraints as you drop, the weight of the trains shift backwards into a much more comfortable position.

Still, much too short a ride for most enthusiasts to get excited about.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I wonder if they will use that bridge for a future project or just tear it down and fill it in

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm honestly amazed the parks never repainted them black to fit in with the Nolan Batman era more.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!