Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Six Flags Fiesta Texas (Video!) 8-1-06

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (Video!) 8-1-06

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 2nd, 2006, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Edit-> "Watchable" video is now uploaded!

Here's the link to a video I made after today's trip. Sorry about the quality, the website took a crap on it. And remember, it's my first ever video.

New link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GC_coQyM40

8-1-06

Well today I decided to head out to the park before school starts on the 15th. My brother (Alex) and I were dropped about 9:50, and we quickly made our way to the entrance. We skipped the ticket lines as we looked at a quite empty parking lot. I jumped into the shortest line at the main gate, and by 10 we were in the park. After passing a photo oppurtunity and getting persued by a photo guy, I reccomended heading for Superman. We got there, saw no line, and were off in the back row on the second train of the day. The drop was great as usual, the airtime in the 0g was still insane, and the ride was great overall. The station was still empty, so we decided to go again. This time we went for the front, and were greeted by the second train's first run with passengers. The view was awesome, but the 0g was nothing compared to the back. I'll sit back there over the front any day. Next we headed over to Poltergeist, which is still running one train. The line was already spilling out of the station. We passed and jumped onto Scream! which was a walk on. The launch still gets me everytime and the drops near the end just flat out feel good :). When we got off we learned that Polty was down, but we went towards the station anyways. And what do you know, the station was empty and they were only sending off one test run when we got there. The train came back, we grabbed the front, and it was a blast. The launch is always great, and the speed throughout the ride is incredible. It is definetely faster than JJ, I don't care what you say. There's even air at the very top and coming into the brakes. The last coaster that we ended up getting on was Road Runner Express because Rattler was closed and Boomerang's line was a mile long. I chose the back row on RRE, and while sitting on the brakes I noticed something. The last transition into the downward slope is heartlined. I was laughing about it with Alex, and the guy in front of us just rolled his eyes. All we really did for the rest of the day was go and get re rides check out the flats, yake video, and go to one show. My dad works on the West side of town so after he got off at 4:30 he picked us up. It was fine with us because the park was starting to get really busy, as even Poltergeist had a one hour line easily.

Rides:

SKC-3
Polty-1
RRE-2
Der Twister-1
Scooby Doo-1 (Scored 2130)
Swings-1
Go Carts-1
Bug's White Water Rapids-2
Saw Xcelleration

Btw, that is my first ever video, so give me a break!
Last edited by Jakizle on August 2nd, 2006, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 2nd, 2006, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

Great Video I loved the Superman shots. SFFT is one of my favorite parks, and I've been to it about ten times. I liked the video even though it was a first.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports